Author Topic: Just introducing myself.  (Read 13448 times)

Offline Rottie Mom

• Gnawer
  • Rescue A Rottie ... You Are Our Only Hope.
    • View Profile
    • Vom Blue Rottweiler and Large Breed Rescue
Just introducing myself.
« on: May 31, 2005, 06:41:44 am »
Hello,

I hope this is the right place to introduce myself and the kids :-\.  I have been vistiting here for awhile now and have finally decided to join. I have found tons of useful info and love all your stories and pictures.

I am Mom to a Rottie, a Husky MIx, a cat, a ferret and 3 kids. I have many stories and TONS of pictures of all the kids .... so be prepared, I will bore you all with them frequently  :P. It'll be fun getting to know all of you :D

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
Re: Just introducing myself.
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2005, 06:45:09 am »
I would love to see your photos  and read the adventures of your little monsters.  Before I found BPO I used to go to Google images and search for puppy and dog photos on the internet.  I browsed them just to lift my spirits.  Now I come here.
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

Offline NatsaintB

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2005, 06:49:50 am »
Welcome to BPO!  You are amongst friends now so post pics and have laugh!  I for one can't waite to see pics of all your babies, especially the ferret ;)  I had one before all the kids and any dogs and he was my little buddy (and thief!). 

Natalie

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2005, 07:17:09 am »
Welcome Rotti Mom. Your gonna love this site. We cant wait to see your pictures.
Coonie
Karen :) Image hosting by Photobucket

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2005, 07:58:13 am »
Welcome R.M.!!!...My name is Chelle & I live in Iowa with my hubby, 2 skin kids, 12 fur kids who consist of 8 cats, 2 house bunnies, 1 guinea pig & 10 month old Great Pyrenees, Samson...This is really an awesome site & alot of fun!...Your dogs are very good looking b.t.w.!!!

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2005, 08:01:13 am »
Hi RottiMom! Sounds like you have a house full of entertainment over there!  ;D Glad that you decided to join us here. I look forward to seeing more pics of you and your furbabies.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

dohertyswissy

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2005, 09:45:53 am »
Welcome RottiMom!  We are glad you joined us!  I will warn you though...and the other BPO members will agree I think....that this is an addictive site!  Looking forward to seeing more pictures!

Heather 

Offline pndlake

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2005, 10:13:11 am »
Welcome, we all LOVE the photos.  Can't wait to see them.
Peggy

nickerbokker

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2005, 12:03:30 pm »
WELCOME TO YOUR NEW HOME AWAY FROM HOME!  the first and only place on the net you will visit every day for lack of time!

i cannot WAIT to see the photos of ALLof the kids!  your avater is SOO cute! 

and stories!  oh bring on the stories!  nothing cheers me up like the other moms stories!  sometimes, you laugh until you squirt in your pants, other times, you stand up with pride because for the first time, someone has a worse dog than you! 

i am so glad you decided to join!  POST AWAY!

im nicki by the way!  you'll get sick of me soon enough!

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2005, 02:42:23 pm »
Hi Rotti Mom, nice to have you here. I am a little curious..... You said you have been visiting a lot, and found useful info. but what was it that made you join. There are many communities out there, so it would be real interesting to know what made you join our family  :D

You'll love this place, and please bring on all the pics and stories. I too had a ferret, her name was Peanut, she went to the bridge quite a few years ago though. Now we have two degus, they are our only pocket pets. We also have 4 dogs, 1 cat and 1 parrot, ohhh and I almost forgot  ::) 3 two legged kids hehe

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline Rottie Mom

• Gnawer
  • Rescue A Rottie ... You Are Our Only Hope.
    • View Profile
    • Vom Blue Rottweiler and Large Breed Rescue
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2005, 05:04:09 pm »
Thanks all for the wonderful welcome  ;D!!!

Well first of all the main reason I joined is because I am VP of a Rottweiler and Large Breed Rescue and even though I love what I do I wanted a place that I could visit that wasn't based around rescue work. Sometimes I just like to brag about my babies, the babies I foster and hear wonderful stories about others and their pets.

Also, I was looking for a place where I would feel comfortable posting and not having to worry about being bashed for an opinion or thought I may have. I have visited alot of forums/message boards where a person would ask a question, share a story, or make a statement and they would bash and  criticize them .... not the type of place I want to be. Big Paws Only seems laid back and friendly ..... exactly what I was looking for.

Everybody here seems so nice and I love the sence of humor you all have .... I'm glad to have found your happy family and am excited to meet everyone!!

Here's a few pics of my babies  ;D

Here's my 2 and a foster pup chasing a bug into a hole ...

Kids sharing the chair

And Deogee and Ruby (foster pup) telling secrets

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2005, 05:13:57 pm »
The pics are adorable, and you know bugs need to be kept under control, dont let them take over  ;D I am so glad to hear the reasons you decided to join here, That was the reason I got sooooo active here, because it is so friendly and not only lots and lots of great information but also chitchatty threads where we all get to know eachother.

I work in rescue too, only cat right now Maine coon rescue. But have been asked by a few dog rescues and I am still to decide, think Ill work with mastiff rescue though, since I have them.

But I have seen way too many places like the ones you describe, where you have to feel bad for asking or having an opinion. That is never the case here.

Nice to meet you and I hope to hear a lot from you, ohhh and see bunches of pics.

Marit

Offline rockettgirl68

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • chance precious an john
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2005, 05:30:36 pm »
hi mama an welcome  this is the most friendliest place to be an i have been to many others who were the rudest placest on earth i used to belong to one for pitbulls right after i got chance when i introduced my self i explained our life which is 5 kids 1 cat now and 2 dogs and down now to 2 parakeets which i just lost one last weekend :'(  and when they found out that i had gotten my best dog ever in my life chance out of the paper they totally freaked out then they started about what i could afford to buy him for food  they were unbelievable  since you have rots i have one who is mixed with jack russel  who i got from the pound  she is 5yrs old now  she (sammi) is very food an water agressive in the house why i dont know she is well fed but outside she could care less who gets into her food and when we first got her for 8 months she was house trained  and suddenly started going where ever she pleases she stopped asking to go out  she is healthy as an ox according to her dr  an hes the best in this area  if anyone has any ideas let me know  cause we would like to keep her but if her in the house agression continues she will have to go back to jail  (pound)
http://p2.forumforfree.com/furbabies.html
a place to talk about all your pets regardless what they are

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2005, 05:48:34 pm »
rocketgirl, seems like you are having a rough time with her now.  :( How old did you say she is??? And you said she comes from the pound, do you know where she comes from, what conditions. Has she alwasy been aggressive in the house with her food??? And when she has accidents inside, is it peepee or poop??? I am sure you'll get a lot of ideas about what could be wrong. It would help though if we knew a little more about her.

And I know what you mean, I love dog breeding and most things that comes with it, but I hate the stuck up attitude you so often see on some boards. I can pretty much promise you, that you'll never see anyone acting stuck up here though, we are all a little nutty though  ::)

Marit

Offline rockettgirl68

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • chance precious an john
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2005, 06:08:12 pm »
thank you merit   i dont know anything about her past except that they thought enough about her to have her chipped and we have had her about a year an she has always been agressive like that its just in the house which struck me as very odd  and she uses the house as her personal potty for all things  we have no idea why she was spoiled by us when we got her  so it really through us off  we have tried hand feeding her even the crate that made her worse
http://p2.forumforfree.com/furbabies.html
a place to talk about all your pets regardless what they are