Author Topic: Just introducing myself.  (Read 13447 times)

Offline Rottie Mom

• Gnawer
  • Rescue A Rottie ... You Are Our Only Hope.
    • View Profile
    • Vom Blue Rottweiler and Large Breed Rescue
Re: Just introducing myself.
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2005, 06:08:48 pm »
I love Mastiffs .... we rescued a pup not to long ago, I really loved him .... he was a wonderful house guest  ;D

This is Junior, 5-6 month old Mastiff

nickerbokker

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2005, 06:12:04 pm »
oh the last and second to last are my favorite!  i want to adopt him!  he's so sweet!

Offline Rottie Mom

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2005, 06:26:42 pm »
rockettgirl68 .... Did Sammi's attitude change after you got the new puppy or was she doing this before that? Also, is the new pup a male or female? It might be the new pup (if I understood your post, the pit puppy is new??) .... not that the pup is doing anything wrong but maybe she feels threatened on her territory (in the house) which would explain the pottying in the house (marking) and the foods aggression (they feel the dominate one should eat first). I may be way off base but we have had problems with this before taking in older fosters. I found that some of the info worked great for us (   http://www.nomorehomelesspets.org/behavior/dog/nilif.htm  ) I pick and choose what worked best for each dog but it was very helpful  ;D Either way, whether it's the pup or not it might help.

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2005, 06:27:59 pm »
Ohhhh what a cutie. Is he a Bullmastiff or OEM, and does he have a docked tail???? That is kinda unusual. They are sooo nice though, I have both Bull and OEM and they pretty much run my life.

Rockettgirl... .. Hmmmmm sounds like quite a problem. You didnt tell how old she is, that could be of interest. That she is food aggressive, is not a good thing, do you free feed or do you give them once or twice a day?? Even if you can not solve that problem, maybe you could settle for working "around it"

The potty thing, have there been any big changes in your house lately, something that could make her stressed out and wanting to provoke??? Could she be in her teenage months?? They can be real pesky when they go through that stage, forget everything they ever learnt. You say she got worse when you used a crate, did you crate her when you left so she would not go potty inside or when did you use it and how did she get worse???

::) I know, lots of questions, but the more you tell about her, the easier it will be to guess what may or may not help. When is she going potty inside, when she is alone, when you are there or both?? There are so many things I'd like to know lol..... Its gotta be real frustrating though, hopefully you can get some ideas here, it would be real sad if you had to give her up. I am sure we somehow can brainstorm and figure out how to get your girl back in line.

Marit

what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline rockettgirl68

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • chance precious an john
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2005, 06:51:25 pm »
hi it started the day we brought sammi home long before chance who is a male
http://p2.forumforfree.com/furbabies.html
a place to talk about all your pets regardless what they are

Offline Rottie Mom

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2005, 06:52:03 pm »
We rescued  him from the shelter with a docked tail .... apparently his previous owners had done it and they did a horrible job at it. Not sure why ??? He was adopted by a wonderful family .... we only had him long enough to evaluate, fully vet and  neutered him. He went fast .... he was so sweet and such a big goof ball. :P

Offline rockettgirl68

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • chance precious an john
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2005, 07:03:46 pm »
awwww that poor dog  i hate it when people do things themselves   but i dont like seeing any dog who gets chopped like that vet or not
http://p2.forumforfree.com/furbabies.html
a place to talk about all your pets regardless what they are

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2005, 08:07:07 pm »
hi mama an welcome  this is the most friendliest place to be an i have been to many others who were the rudest placest on earth i used to belong to one for pitbulls right after i got chance when i introduced my self i explained our life which is 5 kids 1 cat now and 2 dogs and down now to 2 parakeets which i just lost one last weekend :'(  and when they found out that i had gotten my best dog ever in my life chance out of the paper they totally freaked out then they started about what i could afford to buy him for food  they were unbelievable  since you have rots i have one who is mixed with jack russel  who i got from the pound  she is 5yrs old now  she (sammi) is very food an water agressive in the house why i dont know she is well fed but outside she could care less who gets into her food and when we first got her for 8 months she was house trained  and suddenly started going where ever she pleases she stopped asking to go out  she is healthy as an ox according to her dr  an hes the best in this area  if anyone has any ideas let me know  cause we would like to keep her but if her in the house agression continues she will have to go back to jail  (pound)

Perhaps she has a urinary tract infection.  Little Betti seemed like she wasn't housetrained.  She couldn't contain her urine until I captured some in a Tupperware and took it to the vet who found crystals and rod-shaped bacteria.  It took a round of two separate antibiotics to clear it up...plus a special "prescription" diet.  Now, she does much better.  Her appetite has decreased and she has gained weight.  She's a bit sassier, too.
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

Offline Rottie Mom

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2005, 08:43:11 pm »
OMG!!!! Look what I just picked up!!!! We had someone e-mail us saying that he needed to get rid of his 4-5 month old Doberman Pinscher pup!!! We went and picked him up right away b/c he said he needed to be gone now.

Here's our new foster pup Snoop aka Cane

Sorry .... got a little excited for a minute there  :-[

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2005, 09:12:44 pm »
Congrats! What's the little fellers name?
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline Rottie Mom

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2005, 09:20:17 pm »
His name is Snoop but my boyfriend has been calling him Cane ( ::) he said Snoop didn't fit him). The new owners will name him what they want of corse. I'm sure it won't be long before he gets adopted, I'm setting up his neuter appointment tomorrow for the 3rd so I would be surprised if he didn't have a home lined up by next weekend.

Offline CaesarsMstr

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2005, 09:29:52 pm »
.  Hi I am Rachel mom to 3 kids, a 6 month St. named Caesar and a cocker named Willie.  I live in the KC area. The pics are adorable
Rachel

Offline Rottie Mom

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2005, 09:34:30 pm »
It's nice to meet you  ;D

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2005, 06:44:54 pm »
It's nice to meet you  ;D

What you are doing is spectacular!  I personally thank you for opening your home to these dogs that need you so much.  And, especially, it is so sensible that you are taking Cane to a neuter appointment.  That is such a good deed and I'm sure it prevents thousands of euthenasias when giving an operation to just one animal.
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

Offline Rottie Mom

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2005, 08:39:42 am »
We love doing it .... and everyone gets spay/neutered, updated on shots and any other vetting needed. We are working on getting extra funds so we can microchip them before they go to their new home but it can become very costly when puppy season rolls around.

In case anybody needs a dose of cuteness I thought I would show off the litter of Shepherd pups we have (they are staying with the owners until they get their homes). We had them vetted yesterday and 4 of them went home.