Author Topic: Go do the things you never thought to do...  (Read 1501 times)

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
  • Cool dog + Cold beer = Chilled Out
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ryanbrumley.com
Go do the things you never thought to do...
« on: April 18, 2006, 10:20:32 pm »
I know this is totally non-dog related but I thought it was worth sharing.  Last night my wife and I went to dinner in San Francisco.  We met my Mom there and set out to get to the restaurant.  Yesterday was the 100 year anniversary of the 1906 earthquake/fire that destroyed the city and in rememberance of that event, all public trasportation within city limits was free.  So for fun, we jumped on a Cable Car and took it to our restaurant.  It was one of those things we had never thought to do, it is sort of a "touristy" thing to do and not really practical.  IT WAS SO FUN!!!  What a neat way to get around, we hung on the side of the car and talked to the people riding with us and had a great experience.  It's kind of like living in the Napa Valley and never going wine tasting, or living in New York and never going to the Statue of Liberty or eating at the Carnegie Deli.  It was so fun and it gave us a glimpse of what public transportation was like back at the turn of the century.  If there's something in your area that you've always put off doing or experiencing because it seemed trivial or "touristy", go do it!  You may be surprised and have fun.  Just thought this was worth sharing, life is sweet and fleeting.  Enjoy the little things!
« Last Edit: April 18, 2006, 10:22:12 pm by Newf Lover »
My Newfoundland Lives My Life As Passionately As I Live His.

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
Re: Go do the things you never thought to do...
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2006, 10:52:13 pm »
Good for you!!!  And thanks for the reminder!  We all need to remember to be grateful for the things we may take for granted!

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2006, 11:54:13 pm »
Great post Ryan - thanks for the reminder!

MommyOfSchnauzers

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2006, 02:10:31 am »
Thanks for the little reminder!  I'm glad you had a great time.