Author Topic: It is hot out here  (Read 13129 times)

Offline morticiaangie

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
It is hot out here
« on: May 31, 2005, 02:21:07 pm »
What do you do - Mom and Dad have you at a picnic - it is almost 100 degrees in the shade - and there is a very tempting bucket of ice right beside you - why you get in of course!!!
A cute picture of one of our group members dogs at the annual fundraising picnic last weekend - this is Mona.
"The life given us by nature is short; but the memory of a well-spent life is eternal."
~ Cicero 106-43 BC

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Re: It is hot out here
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2005, 02:42:51 pm »
Thats so cute. She looks so nice and cool.
Its hot here too but hot to us is 80. I cant imagin 100 yet. We wont be getting that till July.Maybe.
Coonie
Karen :) Image hosting by Photobucket

dohertyswissy

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2005, 03:46:30 pm »
OMG - That is PRECIOUS!!!!  We can get Ranger NEAR the water.  He looks at us like... "HELLO!!!!  People I am a MOUNTAIN dog!!!"

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2005, 04:18:37 pm »
That is such a cute picture. If Bear saw that bucket I know he'd be thinking, "What a great water bowl! Thanks for the extra head room. Now my entire head and chest can fit in!"
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2005, 05:02:38 pm »
she is such a darling, just look at her "ahhhhhhh how nice it is in here" smart girl.

So you had a fund raising picnic, if you dont mind I would love to hear about the rescue group you belong to. I work in rescue myself and love to hear about other groups and share ideas. Is it a nation wide org.??? Do they have a website?? I would so appreciate if you'd tell us more about it.

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

nickerbokker

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2005, 05:03:39 pm »
i dont know why.....but i LAUGH OUT LOUD all the time on this site!  i just find doggies so amusing!

i saw that picture, and snot flew out of my nose!  LOL

Offline morticiaangie

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2005, 09:08:51 am »
Hi Marit!!! I belong to Hounds of the Heartland (www.greyhoundp etsok.org) - a greyhound adoption ("rescue") group in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. We are affiliated with Greyhound Pets of America - the National level greyhound placement group (www.greyhoundp ets.org). Our group places retired racers after they have done their time at the track and an occasional greyhound that has been found out loose. They are wonderful pets - and a really great group of volunteers that are affiliated with our organization. The greyhound breed never ceases to amaze me. Their life may be considered less than ideal on the farms and the on the track by many people - however they always seem to adapt and they are such loving and wonderful house pets. Despite the assumption that they would require a large yard and tons of exercise they our basically 45 mph couch potatoes. When they are being trained for racing they spend the majority of the day in a kennel with a couple of hours of training and exercise per day. So moving into a house is a major culture shock for them. Most of them have never seen stairs - or glass doors and picture windows. They have to be taught how to live in a home - and that even though you can see through glass - you can't run through it!!! All of the dogs I have fostered and the ones that I have kept have potty trained like a dream!!! The little beagle that I adopted is a WHOLE other story!!! I have been truly blessed to have my "kids" choose me - and I am so lucky to be able to work with such a wonderful group of people and help such a great breed of dog!!!
Shall I assume that you are with the mastiff rescue??? They are such cool dogs!!! I worked at a vet here and the mastiff rescue group used to bring in their dogs - such a magnificant breed!!! HUGE slobbery lovers is what they were!!!!! 
"The life given us by nature is short; but the memory of a well-spent life is eternal."
~ Cicero 106-43 BC

Offline imogen

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2005, 04:48:35 pm »
What a precious picture.

I'm renovating the bathroom soon and pulling out the bath to put in a shower (small room) Now that I've seen that pic, I've had an idea to cover the old bath in silicon and sand and sink it in the backyard as a pond/dog sitting pond!

Cant wait.

I'm sad that there aren't any branches of OUR rescue society nearby. Gingko would LOVE getting together and sitting in buckets too :(

Imogen

Offline morticiaangie

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2005, 05:51:52 pm »
Great looking dog Imogen!!!!! and a very creative idea for the tub - I love it!!!
~ Cicero 106-43 BC

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2005, 06:40:26 pm »
Way cool pic & obviously a very smart dog!...I filled up my 10 month old Great Pyrs wading pool today...Eviden tly, like many other things around here, it's the devil because he wouldn't go near it...lol...The Great Pyrenees is also known as the Pyrenean Mountain Dog...Must be a mountain dog thing...lol!

Offline Greytmom

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2005, 03:59:21 am »
Hi Imogen,

I love that picture of Gingko. Imogen and I belong to the same group here in Victoria. Like Imogen I am not that close to it, about 2  hours away by car. I am not sure about Gingko and water, Jessica would not get in a wadding pool that I got her but when we went to Bea's house in the country she has a huge property with several dams. Her Nero, Honey, and Daisy her non greyt, and Anne's Piper had a great time in the dam, Jessica I was surprised joined in the fun, but since she was on a lead did not get to get to deep in the water. Oz is my water baby. He puts both feet and sometimes all 4 feet in his water bucket and also will go into the wadding pool when it has water. Of course now that it is winter he will not be doing that again until Oct. or Nov.

Love the picture of the greyhound what we down south called the wash tub when I was a kid. Gretys are very smart so of course when it is hot lets cool off.

Toni ;D
« Last Edit: June 05, 2005, 04:01:44 am by Greytmom »
Toni

Greyhounds are great

Offline Wildlonewolf

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • My Lucy Sue!!
    • View Profile
    • Windsor Cheapcycle
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2005, 06:30:15 am »
OMG That picture is worth a THOUSAND words!!!

LOVE IT!

Renee & Lucy