Author Topic: It's not fair *pout*  (Read 4851 times)

Lyn

It's not fair *pout*
« on: April 19, 2006, 08:13:42 pm »
Everyone is getting a puppy and I want one. LOL I'm so jealous. :D

I've been looking daily for Newf breeders and trying to decide which breeder to pick. But now with Bubba's vet bills I have to wait yet again. :-\

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: It's not fair *pout*
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 08:19:20 pm »
You're not the only one....I want another puppy too!!! They're all so cute!
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

Offline Mom2Sadie

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 09:37:28 pm »
You're not the only one....I want another puppy too!!! They're all so cute!

OMG I still have a puppy and I want another one! These puppy pictures are KILLING me!!! :D
Dear Lord,
Just for today, let me be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

Shawna
Sadie the Newf
Gus and Maggie - Maine Coon Kitties
Lady the Boxer waiting at the bridge

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2006, 09:48:30 pm »
Tell me about it... I now have a BAD case of puppy fever!   

p.s. keep those pics coming  ;D

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2006, 09:53:42 pm »
Do what I do when I have puppy fever...FOSTER .  Get involved with a local organization and foster to your hearts content.  It has cured me of my puppy fever because when I don't have a foster, I realize how smooth and easy my household runs.

Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs

Blair

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2006, 09:58:50 pm »
Do what I do when I have puppy fever...FOSTER .  Get involved with a local organization and foster to your hearts content.  It has cured me of my puppy fever because when I don't have a foster, I realize how smooth and easy my household runs.

Oh I know what you mean. I never realized how smooth everything was in my house till I got Smudge LOL And now that Smudge has fit in and everything is starting to run smooth again, I am getting Gauge. I keep asking myself, if I have lost my mind on getting another puppy  :o I went from having all dogs over the age 1 yrs, to now having 2 puppies under the age of 6 months. But then I look at Gauge's pictures and it becomes all worth it LOL

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2006, 10:24:08 pm »
Personally, I MUCH prefer puppies that belong to other people!  LOL!!  Puppies are so much work!  That is one reason I like rescue dogs.  I like them once they become real dogs rather than destructo-machines.  I do LOVE looking at all the pics of the cute puppies on here but am rarely tempted.  There have been a few times though...
Daphne

Offline orion5221

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Kiahali
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2006, 01:14:39 am »
I have 2 dogs already and due to money , space and time I really don't want to get a permanent dog, but whenever I get the urge to get another puppy, what I do is  raise them from www.cci.org. It really is a win win situation. I get puppy breath and feet, get the wonderful expereinece of seeing a puppy experience life, and watch it learn :) After 14-18 months I turn them back over to the training center, were the pup will hopefully become a service dog and enhance and help someone be more independent.
Everyone says Ohhh I could never do that, give my puppy back. But for me it is about the whole picture. It hurts, but in the end the pride and joy outweigh the hurt by a landslide. So far I have raised 3 pups, and will continue to do so.
LA & Gang

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2006, 01:35:29 am »
I know how you feel.  I can harldy wait to pick up my two puppies next month, even though they will be 6 mo old by then.

(although we have a new interesting development where I may get a younger cuter male instead of the male I was originally going to get.  We'll have to see, I'm so confused right now)

Offline Binky

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2006, 01:40:22 am »
I nkow, I'm jealous too!  Everyone seems to be getting new babies!  I have been looking at Petfinder and the animal shelter sites and my husband is getting really nervous- he knows the signs.  I just love having a baby in the house- a baby animal that is!  Still, I try to keep the longing at bay by thinking about ptty training and getting up every couple hours!
Binky-Great Pyrenees
Sophie-Leonberger
McDougal-Papillon
Chicklet-Papillon
Sigfried-Cat  RIP Sigs
Spooky-Cat
Jasper-Nigerian Dwarf goat
Ferdinand-Nigerian Dwarf goat

Offline galaxybears

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • chins n newfs
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2006, 02:19:39 am »
I want another Newf puppy too ;D.

I am having a new puppy though. I have been waiting for a Cocker Spaniel puppy from a breeder for over a year now, and the pups are due to be born on 28th April ;D. It will be my first ever small dog!
Shelley
Mum to Molly, Honey and Kitten
RIP my darling Bronte

k2campbell

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2006, 07:48:07 am »

Oh gosh, me too...

I've been working on Eric now for months, I just don't think it's gonna happen... :P >:( ;)

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2006, 08:31:46 am »
Hahaha........ ..my husband finally has it figured out.  He said the other day (regarding our new puppies next month), do what you want b/c you know you're going to do it anyway.   ;D  ;)

k2campbell

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2006, 09:11:04 am »
Hahaha..........my husband finally has it figured out.  He said the other day (regarding our new puppies next month), do what you want b/c you know you're going to do it anyway.   ;D  ;)

New puppies next month?  SERIOUS?  ;D  Did I miss something? ???

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2006, 09:21:11 am »

Oh gosh, me too...

I've been working on Eric now for months, I just don't think it's gonna happen... :P >:( ;)
Come on Kate needs a brother or sister...Just think you haven't repaired the damage from her puppy stage any additional damage will be hard to spot so you might as well get another one...it's just practical. ;D
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties