Author Topic: Dogs killed for their fur  (Read 5621 times)

Offline galaxybears

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • chins n newfs
Dogs killed for their fur
« on: April 20, 2006, 02:09:14 am »
I don't know if this is the right area to put this, but...

Did you know that dogs and cats are being killed in China for their fur :o? I won't go into details anout how they are killed as it is too upsetting. But this is happening and then the fur is sold to make coats and even cuddly toys >:(

We were sent a letter about it by the Newfoundland Club in the UK and asked to send letters to the relevant MP's, which I have duely done. But I thought I would bring it to your attention in case you didn't know.

I took this from Heather Mills McCartney's site...
In the photo on the right Rick Swain is holding the pelt of a skinned cat, Heather Mills McCartney is holding a coat made from 31 brown cats and Rick Wakeman is holding a rug made from 4 golden retriever dogs. At the conference, Struan Stevenson MEP also showed a coat made from 42 alsatian puppies.

78 animals had to suffer a cruel and vicious death to make 4 garments...... .Please help us put an end to this barbaric trade.

Here are two web sites where you can get more information, and sign a petition to get it stopped.

www.respectforanimals.org

And

www.heathermillsmccartney.com

Hope those links work!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2006, 02:11:32 am by galaxybears »
Shelley
Mum to Molly, Honey and Kitten
RIP my darling Bronte

Offline galaxybears

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • chins n newfs
Re: Dogs killed for their fur
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2006, 02:13:08 am »
Hmmm ok I have done them wrong some how!

Just copy this instead..

www.respectfor animals.org

AND

www.heathermil lsmccartney.co m

Sorry I don't know why that beginning bit is coming up!! Just copy from the www. bit ::)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2006, 02:14:20 am by galaxybears »
Shelley
RIP my darling Bronte

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2006, 02:27:35 am »
Just disable the smileys.  I'll fix the links for you.
www.respectfor animals.com
www.heathermil lsmccartney.co m

Helps if I can spell
« Last Edit: April 20, 2006, 02:28:21 am by chaos270 »
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

Offline galaxybears

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • chins n newfs
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2006, 04:50:49 am »
Thanks for that!
Shelley
RIP my darling Bronte

Offline VdogLover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2006, 05:22:36 am »
This story was covered a few years back by one of the primetime news shows 20/20, 60 minutes, Primetime live? I do not think the outcry that followed did much to stop it. Animals are just not seen in the same light as they are here.

This is the most recent abuse to come out of China DO NOT VIEW IF EASILY UPSET!! PICTURES ARE GRAPHIC
To me this beyond words and the Chinese goverments lack of action to make any animal abuse laws says all I need to know about their country. 
http://www.snopes.com/photos/gruesome/crushvideo.asp

k2campbell

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2006, 07:29:29 am »
I was actually just sent an email like this at work today.  I only saw one picture and closed it, I couldn't handle it.  It makes me sick.  I HATE to think of things like this, but the reality is it's happening all over the world.  I cried only seeing one pic, I couldn't imagine looking at the rest or even watching the video...

Sometimes, I really hate people for being as cruel and heartless as they can be... >:(  What is wrong with them?  Have they no compassion?

Aaaaaaaaarrrrr rrrrrggggggggg ghhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhh!!!

doggylover

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2006, 01:19:19 pm »
I'm not big on the bible, but often people who hurt animals say that they were put here 'according to the bible' for us to 'do with as we please' because they are 'less than us'.  The bible actualy says that we have dominion over them.  The last time I checked, that makes us responsible for their welfare.
I think the lowest thing anyone can do is hurt animals and/or children, and I actually put them on the same level in terms of evil. 
Is it just me or is there more than the usual number of disturbing 'dog/puppy abuse' threads lately?  Man it's totally bumming me out.  I saw that special on HBO called 'Dealing dogs' and had nightmares for about a month.  MAKE IT STOP!!! :'( >:( :'( >:(