Author Topic: TX man eats puppy alive  (Read 4152 times)

Offline dober_gurl

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
TX man eats puppy alive
« on: April 20, 2006, 04:31:54 am »
Man Accused Of Eating His Dog Alive

"Look at that ear. Do you see that? I mean, it is chewed to smithereens," says Shelby County Texas District Attorney Linda Kay Russell. Russell is reacting to graphic pictures showing a pit bull puppy who was eaten alive by his owner.

Now, Russell is preparing to prosecute the strangest animal cruelty case she has ever handled.

"This is actually called torture to an animal, and that is why we are doing it," says Russell.

Forty-nine year old Reggie Paul Fountain stands accused of eating his dog alive.

"He chewed that and ate it, he had blood all over his face, he had blood on his chest, he was in his underwear walking down the street talking to himself and the dog," says Russell.

Veterinarian Robert Hughes says the pit bull puppy looked like it had been in a dog fight when it arrived at his clinic.

"We anesthetized the dog and we surgically evened out the edges. We did something similar to an ear crop," says Doctor Hughes.

"His excuse, which I don't care what his excuse was, was that he was on PCP and cocaine," says Russell.

Russell says four police officers had to restrain the man so that they could remove the dog from his hands. She says she will now prosecute the case to the fullest, and leave the penalty in the hands of a jury.

"I will not offer this man probation. I will take it to a jury trial and if the citizens of Shelby County want to give him probation they can, but I will not offer that," says Russell.

http://www.ksla.com/Global/story.asp?S=4763977&nav=menu50_1
______________ ______________ ______________ ______________ ____

I seriously hope this man burns in H*ll for this. This was just SICK!!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2006, 04:32:25 am by dober_gurl »
"None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed"

Maggie-Doberman
Molly-Papillon
Mickey-Mutt
Collin-Kitty
Sunny-Amazon Parrot
Squishy-Guinea Pig
Harper/Lyric-Rats

k2campbell

Re: TX man eats puppy alive
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2006, 07:34:48 am »
That is TOO twisted. SICK. :o >:( ???

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2006, 07:36:34 am »
What is WRONG with people  ???

Disgusting  >:(
RIP former BPO

Offline 4everblu

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Lord help me be the person my dog thinks I am.
    • View Profile
    • The Spotted Dog
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2006, 07:41:10 am »
OMG!
That's just horrible.
I'm so disgusted.
I did not look at the photos, couldn't bare it.
Poor puppy.
Please Visit "The Spotted Dog" for  Personalized Doggie signatures and graphics.  http://forums.delphiforums.com/ourdogs/start

Offline dgodden5459

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2006, 09:26:59 am »
Now that is really sick. Maybe he will get jail time and someone there will chew on his ears would serve him right
Deb

Gretchen the Rottie
Buttons the LLhasa
Macie who knows?

doggylover

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2006, 09:38:11 am »
I wonder if puppy tastes like chicken? 
OK OK I know this is horrifying, but I am growing tired of hearing about all the depravities of humans.  I don't think I can take much more. 
I don't give a crap what kind of drugs this guy is on, if he is that out of control, and that crazy, he needs to be permanantly locked away.  The thing is, he either needs to accept responsibility for the heinous thing he did, and show somehow that he can refrain from drugs in the future, or he needs to deny all responsibilty based on the drugs making him do it, in which case he should be categorized as a person who is so lacking in self control (he could get drugs again and do this to a person)that he must be forever kept away from society.
This is a HUGE pet peeve of mine.  People doing atrocious things and then saying, "wah wah, the dope made me do it".  That is a person who is totally denying responsibility for themselves (not suprising since druggies live their lives on that premise) and as far as I'm concerned, that argument should be met with..."OK, you obviously lack free will, and can't control yourself, so you must be locked up forever, since you can't be trusted to not hurt others while you are drugged...and we can't trust you to not get drugs because you have abused them for X number of years already. 
Sorry about the rant...
Ronda

kristi

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2006, 09:38:57 am »
i am beyond words...
an eye for an eye... >:(
-k.

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2006, 09:14:03 pm »
I wonder if puppy tastes like chicken? 
OK OK I know this is horrifying, but I am growing tired of hearing about all the depravities of humans.  I don't think I can take much more. 
I don't give a crap what kind of drugs this guy is on, if he is that out of control, and that crazy, he needs to be permanantly locked away.  The thing is, he either needs to accept responsibility for the heinous thing he did, and show somehow that he can refrain from drugs in the future, or he needs to deny all responsibilty based on the drugs making him do it, in which case he should be categorized as a person who is so lacking in self control (he could get drugs again and do this to a person)that he must be forever kept away from society.
This is a HUGE pet peeve of mine.  People doing atrocious things and then saying, "wah wah, the dope made me do it".  That is a person who is totally denying responsibility for themselves (not suprising since druggies live their lives on that premise) and as far as I'm concerned, that argument should be met with..."OK, you obviously lack free will, and can't control yourself, so you must be locked up forever, since you can't be trusted to not hurt others while you are drugged...and we can't trust you to not get drugs because you have abused them for X number of years already. 
Sorry about the rant...
Ronda

Hear,Hear! I couldn't have said it better myself!

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
  • Cool dog + Cold beer = Chilled Out
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ryanbrumley.com
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2006, 09:40:05 pm »
So sick.....  They always start with animals and work their way up to humans.  Lock him up and throw away the key.
My Newfoundland Lives My Life As Passionately As I Live His.

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2006, 09:46:41 pm »
Let's not forget to offer up a HUGE round of applause to the District Attorney who is determined to accept nothing less than the most strict sentence for this man. You don't often see that, especially in "the drugs made me do it" defense.
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

doggylover

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2006, 10:26:04 pm »
Let's not forget to offer up a HUGE round of applause to the District Attorney who is determined to accept nothing less than the most strict sentence for this man. You don't often see that, especially in "the drugs made me do it" defense.
I agree %100 percent!
Ronda

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
  • Cool dog + Cold beer = Chilled Out
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ryanbrumley.com
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2006, 04:47:12 am »
This world has become so crazy! I can't stand it! There are some sick people out there. I always feel so bad for animals because they don't have a big line of defense against humans and they can't speak out for themselves like humans.

You know, I think people have always been just as sadistic and cruel and evil. Thanks to the Internet,  we're just so ultra-aware of every little thing that happens in the world every day.  The News is so sensationalist ic now and it seems like there's a new sicko being highlighted every day.  I try not to let it bother me too much, but sometimes it's hard not to.  I'm such a softie when it comes to kids and animals being abused.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2006, 04:48:55 am by Newf Lover »
My Newfoundland Lives My Life As Passionately As I Live His.

Offline krismark

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
    • My babies!
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2006, 04:02:57 pm »
I told this story a few times today. Oddly, it was actually a laughing matter each time because the description of a PCP'd up dude walking down the street chomping on a puppy is just so ridiculous and unimaginable. People can't help but chuckle as they say "OH MY GOD, WHAT???"