Author Topic: Mercy (Graphic photos)UPDATE... more info  (Read 10492 times)

Offline eightdogs4me

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
    • When There's A Will, There's A Way
Re: Mercy (Graphic photos)UPDATE... sad news
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2006, 04:46:50 am »
These kinds of stories never surprise me anymore  :'(  I'll always be disgusted by them and pray that the monsters who do this kind of cruel thing pay in the end, though.  Whoever did this to this poor dog is a danger to society and needs a stiffer punishment than what they will get if ever caught and convicted.  Once they realize they can get away with doing this to a poor animal, who knows what will be next?  They may start going after children.
Emily and the gang

Blair

Re: Mercy (Graphic photos)UPDATE... sad news
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2006, 04:48:50 am »
oh poor girl.

I can't think of a way to say what I want to say calmly so instead, %^&%$$&*&&&^%%^^#$$%%()_%&%%$%#$^&)_&(^$##%&(*)_^%%%^^&Y())_&&%%$&*&)*_(_()*%$#$##$%^(_**%%@#@$%&**%^*^(^%.

And that is what I have to say about the people that did that.

Tina

Ill have to agree with you Tina  >:( >:( >:( >:(

This is such a sad story  :'(

Offline fatfutures

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Re: Mercy (Graphic photos)UPDATE... They caught the sick B@$%(*%^
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2006, 07:58:44 pm »
Man nabbed for dog's torture death

07:40 AM CDT on Thursday, April 27, 2006
By CYNTHIA VEGA / WFAA-TV

Operation Kindness
A man was arrested early Thursday in connection with the torture of a puppy who was found severely burned on Good Friday.

The dog later died.

Dallas police arrested Deshawn Brown, 21, at his mother's home in the Denton County community of Corinth shortly before 1 a.m. He faces several charges, including cruelty to an animal.

"All the personnel involved with this are quite relieved to have this gentleman in custody, based on the extreme cruelty of this crime" said Dallas police spokesman Sgt. Robert Patterson.

Brown was being held at the Lew Sterrett Justice Center in Dallas.

Mercy, a 10-month-old pit bull mix, had been doused with gasoline and set on fire. She was rescued on Good Friday, but she was unable to survive the extensive stab wounds and burns that covered 60 percent of her body.

Mercy died over the weekend. A memorial service was scheduled for Saturday at 10 a.m. at the Operation Kindness shelter, 3201 Earhart Drive in Carrollton.

Lyn

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2006, 08:03:02 pm »
Thank god they caught him!! And I hope he is punished to the fullest extent of the law.

Offline The Brindle Pack

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2006, 08:12:47 pm »
This is the first that I have seen this story and boy do I want this guy to pay.  I find the more I hear stories like this I just want to become a recluse. 

Just my opinion but my guess is this young man has had issues since a very young age and no one was willing to do anything about it.  The system (parents, courts, counselors, and school boards) are failing our children in the most disastrous ways.

Offline fatfutures

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2006, 08:26:11 pm »
I think "gentleman" is cop-speak for rat-b***ard!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2006, 02:09:34 am by Jacksmom »

Offline Softhug

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2006, 12:54:20 am »
Kinda makes you want to email/call the Dallas police dept and voice your opinion on the situation (hoping they don't let him off)doesn't it??  I found the SPCA of Texas (in Dallas) website with contact information.  I sent them an email.   ;)

http://www.spca.org/site/PageServer?pagename=info_contact_2004

I would be interested in knowing what his motivation was for this act...if anyone hears, please post it!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2006, 01:25:34 am by Softhug »
Jacquie-Undercover Princess
Tsu Ling-Chow Chow-RIP 5/08
Boudreaux-American Mastiff
Griffey-Pi55y, fat, yellow cat
Comrade-red/white Siberian Husky
"Lots of people talk to animals," said Pooh.
"Not that many listen though."
"That's the problem."

Offline Imani's Mom

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • My Chinchilla Page
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2006, 01:22:25 am »
How about a group road trip to beat this idiot senseless and then set him on fire while tied securely to a tree?

Weedsport, NY

Offline fatfutures

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2006, 01:26:26 am »
Now you're talkin! I know, I know... mob mentality BAD! But, in this case it just seems so RIGHT!

Offline marinafb

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2006, 08:52:19 am »
 >:( >:( >:( >:(

DITTO DITTO DITTO DITTO Bryce is packing as i type he's ready for a road trip !  Marina
Freya-9 years collie shepard mix
Milo-6 years Pitt Bull
Bryce-3 years English Mastiff
Mab and Angus cool cats

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2006, 08:54:06 am »
I am so glad that they caught the sick jerk who did this. I hope that he is punished accordingly so that poor Mercy sees some justice
RIP former BPO

Offline Kelly89084

• Big Paw Certified
  • My Protector!
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2006, 10:13:25 am »
 :'( :'( :'(
"If a dog jumps in your lap, it is because he is fond of you; but if a cat does the same thing, it is because your lap is warmer." - Alfred North Whitehead

doggylover

« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2006, 11:45:22 am »
He is very likely a sociopath.  They tend to get a little thrill out of torturing other people/animals. 
Of course he will get a little hand slap for this and be right back out there with an even bigger chip on his shoulder, all riled up from his 6 hours in jail he probably has to serve, and ready to rape a few young girls.   >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Offline fatfutures

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Re: Mercy (Graphic photos)UPDATE... more info
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2006, 06:24:37 pm »
The latest report says that he was mad because he wanted to breed Mercy, but she wouldn't cooperate. The woman who owned the "stud" watched as he kicked and screamed at his dog after the failed breeding attempt. The stud's owner later saw cuts and stab wounds on Mercy (the Star Telegram is reporting that vets found slashes in both her genital area and around her neck). A bit later, Mercy was seen on fire, running through the parking lot; two men doused the flames with beer. The report also says many people from his apartment complex called police to complain about his treatment of the dog and then called back to complain that he hadn't been picked up. For the record, the cops said they were waiting to build a solid case against the guy before picking him up.

Offline fatfutures

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Re: Mercy (Graphic photos)UPDATE... more info
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2006, 06:28:13 pm »
OK, maybe mob-mentality is not a bad thing! Someone mentioned a road trip?

Let's hope that, at the VERY least, what ever time this non-human spends in jail, that its cell mate is some over the top, insane animal lover!

To be honest, I just can't think of punishment severe enough for this creature (I refuse to refer to this thing as a human in any way). With the exception of... what he gave, should be what he gets.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2006, 08:47:07 pm by fatfutures »