Author Topic: Mercy (Graphic photos)UPDATE... more info  (Read 10430 times)

Offline fatfutures

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Mercy (Graphic photos)UPDATE... more info
« on: April 23, 2006, 08:37:11 am »

Tuesday following surgery

Dear Friends,

By now you may have heard about Mercy, a young pit bull mix rescued by a Good Samaritan on Good Friday and brought to Operation Kindness. This beautiful dog, about 10 months old, was doused with gasoline and set on fire. She sustained burns over 60% of her body. Mercy underwent surgery Tuesday to have her badly burned ears removed and her skin debrided--a very painful procedure in which the dead skin is scrapped away to allow the new skin to grow. Mercy's condition is stable now, but very guarded. The risk of infection is great during the weeks-long debridement process.

We're working with Dallas Animal Services as they investigate this horrible case of animal cruelty. Everything possible is being done to find, prosecute and punish the person or persons who did this to Mercy and left her to die. Since original leads are proving unreliable and potential witnesses are reluctant to get involved, we will probably we offering a reward from our Cruelty Reward Fund, which was established following Loco's torture and abuse several years ago.

The public outpouring of support and concern has been wonderful. After witnessing such horror, it's heartwarming to be reminded that so many people care about and are praying for Mercy's recovery -- and offering their services for swift justice should her abuser be found!

Our friends in the media have been wonderfully supportive, too. Russ Martin (www.russmartin .com), Larry Powell (www.readlarryp owell.com), KRLD (www.krld.com), WFAA (www.wfaa.com), and NBC5 (www.nbc51.com) are among the websites with features and links. Channels 4, 5, 8 and 33 have done stories. Russ has talked about Mercy on his show all this week, and special promos and call-in shows are running on KLLI 105.3, KVIL 103.7, KRLD 1080, KLUV 98.7, The Oasis 107.5 and other stations. And Russ is having a "Benefit for Mercy" Wednesday night at Bellbottoms in North Richland Hills.

We've established a special fund for Mercy's care, and information is on our website, www.operationkindness.org.

Thanks to all of you for your concern for Mercy. Please keep the prayers and good thoughts going her way. She needs all the help she can get.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2006, 06:23:07 pm by fatfutures »

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
Re: Mercy (Graphic photos)
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2006, 08:43:35 am »
OMG!  How horrible!  I certainly hope they can find the person or persons who did this to that poor dog. I hope she is able to make a full recovery and get past the scars, both physical and emotional, it will leave with her.

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2006, 08:47:43 am »
This story made me cry  :'(

GOD, what is WRONG with people?! How could someone ever do that to an innocent animal >:( I really hope they catch them
RIP former BPO

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2006, 08:59:06 am »
I hate how people can do that to our fellow creatures...I think harming animals is way worse than harming another human who can at least defend themselves.  She has such a sweet face.  I hope they catch whoever did this and that they get maximum sentencing.
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

Offline Softhug

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2006, 08:07:04 pm »
I am speechless...h ow? How could someone DO that!?!?!
Jacquie-Undercover Princess
Tsu Ling-Chow Chow-RIP 5/08
Boudreaux-American Mastiff
Griffey-Pi55y, fat, yellow cat
Comrade-red/white Siberian Husky
"Lots of people talk to animals," said Pooh.
"Not that many listen though."
"That's the problem."

Offline Magnus

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2006, 08:56:40 pm »
WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE?!?!!?

Then I remember in the worlds of a heavy metal song by a band called slipnot  "People Equal SH*T".

StanLee- American Mastiff
Julie- Rottie
Steve- Pug/Jack Russel
Neeko- My old rottie friend waiting at the bridge

Offline fatfutures

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Re: Mercy (Graphic photos) Update... very sad news
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2006, 11:15:52 pm »
10:46 AM CDT on Monday, April 24, 2006
From WFAA-TV Staff Reports

Operation Kindness
A puppy who was doused with gasoline, set on fire and left to die on Good Friday has succumbed to her injuries, Operation Kindness officials said Monday.

Two men found the dog 10 days ago in a wooded area behind the Rock Creek Apartments in Far North Dallas. While the 10-month-old pit bull mix, named "Mercy" by rescuers, received expert care at the Operation Kindness shelter, veterinarians said her injuries were too severe to survive.

Mercy was burned over 60 percent of her body. Her ears had to be amputated.

There is a $10,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person responsible for the torture and death of Mercy.

Kiahpyr

Re: Mercy (Graphic photos)UPDATE... sad news
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2006, 12:23:14 am »
That's so sad! :'(

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2006, 01:59:11 am »
Oh no!  that is so sad.  :'(  And it sounded like she was going to pull through.

Offline Softhug

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2006, 03:07:30 am »
That is so sad, poor girl.  :'( I can't even imagine the pain she suffered the past week.  I just have to hope that the person/people responsible will pay for what they did whether it be getting caught or otherwise.  Mercy is in a better place now. 

What possesses people???  >:( 
Jacquie-Undercover Princess
Tsu Ling-Chow Chow-RIP 5/08
Boudreaux-American Mastiff
Griffey-Pi55y, fat, yellow cat
Comrade-red/white Siberian Husky
"Lots of people talk to animals," said Pooh.
"Not that many listen though."
"That's the problem."

cricket36580

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2006, 08:39:29 am »
All I can say is WTF?WTF?WTF?WTF?

Nicole

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2006, 10:50:28 am »
OMFG.

All I can say is that pay back is H-E-DOUBLE-HOCKEY-STICKS and some day whomever did that will encounter the karma that they deserve.

F'ing A-HOLES. At least Mercy got to know love for a little while.

Offline fatfutures

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2006, 11:25:41 am »
Yeah, I'd like to whip a little karma on "their" a$$.

I have to force myself to look at the "good"... Mercy is no longer suffering and yes, her last moments were full of love and concern and care. 

Poor baby... sleep well.

Offline krismark

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
    • My babies!
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2006, 01:42:05 pm »
How can anyone do such a thing to a creature that can sustain such agony yet still have such a sweet face? My dogs are looking at me funny right now because I am crying as I type.   :'(

Offline marinafb

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2006, 04:21:51 pm »
 >:( >:( >:( >:(
My eyes are burning as the tears pour down my face.To think someone could go on living life after doing such a awful deed to such a innocent animal.I pray that mercy is at peace and may never encounter the senseless actions of such evil humans ever agian.   Marina
Freya-9 years collie shepard mix
Milo-6 years Pitt Bull
Bryce-3 years English Mastiff
Mab and Angus cool cats