Author Topic: I'm freaking out here  (Read 3676 times)

Offline Boobearsmom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
I'm freaking out here
« on: April 23, 2006, 09:27:29 pm »
Yesterday I was looking at Boo head on and noticed it looked like she was smuggling something under her one lip.  So I go over, open her mouth up and nothing is there.  Turns out she has a 3/4 inch lump under her skin under her whiskers.  I checked the inside of her lip and the skin was pink and not a different color behind the lump.  My mom said her cat has something like that but it turned out to be a water-filled cyst.  I felt around the lump and the lump itself and its pretty hard.  It also doesn't appear that one of her whisker (pores??) is infected.  Any ideas??

Offline GreatDanz

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Truly Great Danes!
    • View Profile
    • Mickey's Gold Bead Adventure
Re: I'm freaking out here
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2006, 09:36:35 pm »
I would take her to the vet and have it aspirated immediately.
-Ericka

Try and penetrate with our limited means the secrets of nature and you will find that, behind all the discernible concatenations, there remains something subtle, intangible and inexplicable.  Veneration for this force beyond anything that we can comprehend is my religion. -Albert Einstein

Offline Boobearsmom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2006, 09:51:53 pm »
I would take her to the vet and have it aspirated immediately.

Any idea what it may be?  If I can't get her in to her regular vet should I take her to the emergency vet?

Offline GreatDanz

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Truly Great Danes!
    • View Profile
    • Mickey's Gold Bead Adventure
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2006, 10:06:41 pm »
I have no idea, but I would be worried about an abscessed tooth in that area, which I imagine would be pretty painful.  *I* would get into the vet today, wherever I had to take her, but I tend to freak out about stuff and that's the only way I can ease my mind.
-Ericka

Try and penetrate with our limited means the secrets of nature and you will find that, behind all the discernible concatenations, there remains something subtle, intangible and inexplicable.  Veneration for this force beyond anything that we can comprehend is my religion. -Albert Einstein

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2006, 01:06:07 am »
Besides an abcessed tooth, another possibility is a bug bite or spider bite.  I, too would have the vet check it out.

doggylover

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2006, 02:32:48 am »
Yeah, I would vote for an immediate vet visit.  It is very likely some minor nothing, but on the other hand your dog could be in terrible pain and not be showing it (they tend to be stoic). 
Good luck!
Ronda 

Offline Boobearsmom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2006, 09:04:41 pm »
Come to find out it was more than likely a bee sting.  She "snuffles" everything she sees so it doesn't surprise me all that much.   It had gone down considerable since I saw it on Sunday.  They said if it doesn't go down all the way and disappear by next week to bring her back again.  The best part (besides it not being serious), they didn't even charge me!!

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2006, 09:26:55 pm »
That is excellent news! And what a bonus that the vet didn't charge you two.

Offline Boobearsmom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2006, 10:03:33 pm »
That is excellent news! And what a bonus that the vet didn't charge you two.

I think they felt bad since I had just been there on Friday to have her glands cleaned out.