Author Topic: Anyone see the Newf on The Dog Whisperer Friday night??  (Read 7987 times)

Offline Beth

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Kuma
    • View Profile
Anyone see the Newf on The Dog Whisperer Friday night??
« on: April 25, 2006, 01:36:27 am »
Storm...the Newfoundland was just to cute!  And going to his boot camp...you could just see the Newfound purpose in his life! 
Really neat...
Beth &
Kuma (Newfoundland)

" Don't accept your dog's admiration
as conclusive evidense that you are wonderful."
-Ann landers

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone see the Newf on The Dog Whisperer Friday night??
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2006, 01:52:55 am »
Yeah we saw it....but we were disappointed in the fact Cesar stupidly ran him on the pavement....so not good for newfs.  He should have done the treadmill or swimming only with him.
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2006, 03:00:34 am »
No but I wish I had. I wonder if it will be in the re-runs on tv. What was the problem with him?
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline Beth

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Kuma
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2006, 03:18:57 am »
They should re-run it pretty soon. I have been noticing on the ones I am taping they are re-running soon after. 
Beth &
Kuma (Newfoundland)

-Ann landers

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2006, 03:53:26 am »
Storm didn't like to eat.  She would try and cook him all sorts of meats but he wouldn't eat it.  He also refused to go on walks so therefore he never got hungry enough to have to eat.  It was funny he'd plant all four paws and refuse to move if they tried to walk him.
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

Offline Tspanos

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2006, 03:59:25 am »
Just searched TIVO it repeats Fri 4/28 @4 pm on the National Geographic Channel, those with Directv  its 276. The title of the episode is Greta & Hoss, Storm, and Chula.

Offline mtaig12

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2006, 04:22:15 am »
I was also a little concerned with how "hard" his workouts were (like the run on the pavement). I was a little afraid for his joints, etc. I don't remember how old he was-I assume he was a pretty young dog, though, but you don't want to create damage that will be a problem later.  I do remember Cesar saying he couldn't use the treadmill on the lowest speed because the Newf was so heavy it would stop!

Tracy and Mike - parents
Alex and Ian - kids
Max and Star - canines
Oscar and Emily - felines
Nibbles - hamster
North Carolina

doggylover

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2006, 11:41:49 am »
I saw that episode.  I have a huge crush on Cesar, my hubby says that if he comes to this area, he doesn't want me to meet him cause we might run off together, but he just totally doesn't get what 'crush' in this instance means. 
Any man who can pant and perk up like a dog, who in fact is a man/dog is, in my opinion, like a saint or something.  I don't want to marry the guy, I want to sit and drool over him.  I just love his dog pack, and the way his eyes get all lit up when he imitates the dogs.  I can even forgive him for running that Newf on the pavement, I'm pretty sure he meant well.  Of course none of us is perfect. 
Rofl for those of you who were in chat the night of 'Little House on the Prairie', you are going to think I'm really strange now.  I don't even need for Cesar to take off his shirt and chop wood- that's how super cool he is!

Ronda ;D ;D ;D ;D 

Offline Beth

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Kuma
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2006, 07:59:10 pm »
Ronda-
I have to agree, I like him too. 

I have heard mixed reviews in regard to him and the most common is him being “arrogant”….could possibly be true but you can’t deny he is good at what he does.  I have a friend that went to one of his seminars and she can’t say enough about him.  He saved her relationship with her Rottie. 

I ADORE him when he really gets involved with a client.  :) Did you happen to see the episode with the older woman and the LARGE GSD she had rescued and was having problems with?  (Wouldn’t go out of the gate without pitching a fit, etc.??)  Cesar sincerely LOVED that woman and was SO proud of what all she accomplished. 
Beth &
Kuma (Newfoundland)

-Ann landers

Offline Rachel

• BPO Guru
  • Sophie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2006, 08:59:16 pm »
Ronda I agree with you too.  My husband thinks I'm crazy.  I would love to meet Cesar.  I think the calm assertive  mentality must work on women too.  I could totally drool over him.   :D
Rachel and Sophie

My new venture...
www.seasidequi lts.etsy.com

My blog for Sophie, crafting, and life in general
www.seasidequi lts.com/blog

Offline Sami142

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2006, 09:43:48 pm »
I love Cesar and I think what he does is awesome!  I am going to one of his seminars on Nov. 11 here in St. Louis.  I can't wait... I'm sure it will be a wealth of good information.
Sami, Jinx, and Rookie

Offline Beth

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Kuma
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2006, 09:48:29 pm »
Ohhh!! YOu will have to let us know what you think about the seminar.  As I mentioned, it was a LOAD of help for my friend.  She got loads of general information but apparently many of her specific issues were addressed because it helped save a probably doomed situation. 

Keep us posted!
Beth &
Kuma (Newfoundland)

-Ann landers

doggylover

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2006, 01:47:10 am »
HEEHEE I am so glad I'm not alone.  As far as the arrogance goes, I talked to a woman at Petsmart who went to one of his seminars and she said he is the warmest, most humble people she ever met. 
And yeah, I definately think that 'calm submissive' thing works on women too...I always feel VERY calm and submissive when he is on the TV.  LOLOLOL
 ;D ;D

Offline smsmith

• Leader of the Pack
  • Einstein has changed my life -- for the good!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2006, 04:35:47 am »
I think Cesar Millan is the best.  If we taught his philosophy for dealing with pups in schools the world would be a better place.  Most of his advice could double for good parenting!

Since I've been studying his "dogma", I've caught myself correcting Einstein when I'm angry (not often, but every now and then).  I wish I had raised my kids with that conciousness of being calm-assertive.  When I was younger I always reacted out of insanity!
Sarah

Offline Beth

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Kuma
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2006, 09:43:42 pm »
Most of his advice could double for good parenting!

ROFL

My husband and I will sit through and entire episode claiming this very same thing!!!  ;D

We will watch segments relating to the dogs having control of the home and its owners and grumble “That’s our problem…the kids have complete control of our house!”  :-[

"rules, boundries and limitations"!!
Beth &
Kuma (Newfoundland)

-Ann landers