Author Topic: Just a vent about my Parents  (Read 4505 times)

Offline smsmith

• Leader of the Pack
  • Einstein has changed my life -- for the good!
    • View Profile
Re: Just a vent about my Parents
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2006, 09:26:29 am »
Okay Blair.  I'll make an offer -- I'll come down to Ingleside for a weekend, you can feed me and show me a nice day at the beach and I'll babysit on Saturday night (you & hubby could even go to a hotel and stay out all night).

How 'bout sometime in June?
Sarah

Offline Leah-n-boy-os

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2006, 10:40:14 am »
Wow, Blair, I'm sorry! You totally deserve some "couple" time!

I must have kissed a good-luck fairy at one time, because I don't have any in-laws this time around. Yup, my Hubby is estranged from his egg-donor (she abandonded him on a neighbor's doorstep when he was little....B*&^%CH!) and his father passed on years ago.

Now my ex's mother is a whole 'nother nightmare.....

My family really don't have a whole lotta contact, so I pretty much built my own "family" out of my close friends. We babysit for each other, and get together on holidays as well. That old saying of blood is thicker than water is just bub-kiss in my opinion.
Leah and the Boy-os
Apollo (Akita/St. Bernard)
Zeus (Heinz 57)
Onyx (Newfoundland)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Being owned by Big Paws just indicates how big your heart is.

located - Gig Harbor, WA

Offline dgodden5459

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2006, 07:22:20 pm »
Blair I know how you feel. My parents divorced 7 years ago after being married 39 years, needless to say it was not a nice divorce. Since I live the closest to both of them I was dragged into the middle of it all. As for babysitting my mom will not, she doesn't want to be bothered. My dad however will come pick up Tyler just to hang out. It seems that mom has her favorites ( the grandaughter that lives in Nebraska) and dad has his (the boys). I guess it evens out. However I do suggest that you speak your mind, I did and I felt much better and it cleared the air and I feel it's my mom's loss if she doesn't want to take time with Tyler.
Deb

Gretchen the Rottie
Buttons the LLhasa
Macie who knows?