Author Topic: Florida Great Dane in need of a new home  (Read 3712 times)

Offline Cheryle DeVine

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Florida Great Dane in need of a new home
« on: June 01, 2005, 11:23:11 am »
Beautiful Mantle 4 year old female Great Dane in Orlando needs a new home.  I got her about two months ago from a breeder who could not use her because her hips cannot be certified.  She is not yet spayed and should not be used for breeding.  She shows occasional aggression with my collie when they are eating, otherwise she is not at all agressive.  She is sweet and loving and even loves cats.   She needs to go to a home where she is the only dog and will get lots of attention (something she is currently lacking).  She should be in a home with a large fenced yard and go to an owner who is familiar with Danes.  She loves to climb in bed with you and give Dane hugs!  She is registered and has cropped ears that turn inward at the tips.  I have left many messages for the breeder to see if they would take her back but they will not return my phone calls or emails so I feel that I should place her in a wonderful, loving home.  Her new owner will adore her and spoil her like the baby she is!!  Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.  cheryledevine@hotmail.com

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
Re: Florida Great Dane in need of a new home
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2005, 12:40:24 pm »
That is bad..... I mean the breeder not getting back to you, she probably knows there are problems with her and will not have the problem to place her. Very low......

I am sorry for you though, having a dog who shows signs of aggression is  no fun to deal with, especially when they are as big as our babies are. I used to have danes, and am so in love with them, but even if I wanted one now, hubby has been scared from all the stories about slobbers in the ceiling  ::) We have mastiffs now and they tend not to slobber quite as much. plus I have 4 dogs so she would not be at all happy here. Most people on this board already have at least one dog, and lots of us have a whole little pack. But hopefully someone knows someone who would be interested. Why dont you post a pic of her is you can. That would probably help. At least people could see just how cute and sweet she looks and that never hurts  ;D

Good Luck and please let us know how things are going

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline Cheryle DeVine

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2005, 02:03:29 pm »
The breeder told me that her vet said that Gypsy would have some arthritis later in life, but that's it.  I don't have a problem with the occasional food aggression as it shows in know other area (except chewies).  We simply feed her separately.  The reason I am choosing to place her is that, having been in animal rescue for many years, I have other dogs and with my previous Dane this was never an issue.  Gypsy is a bit needier than other Danes I have had and I want her to get as much attention as she could ever want.  She is a gorgeous dog, exceptionally big for a female (probably 150-170) and you're right about the slobber on the ceiling! :)

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2005, 10:21:06 pm »
She sounds like a doll, I have no idea why hubby cant adapt to the idea with slobbers in the ceiling  ::) I hope you find a good home for her, they are such nice dogs and the best friends. Do you work in Dane rescue, or a rescue for all kinds of breeds

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline Cheryle DeVine

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2005, 12:06:28 pm »
I do all types of creatures.  I used to work with the SPCA when I lived in Charleston, SC but now deal with cases that come to me individually.  Gypsy is a great dog and I want to see her get all the attention that she deserves, because no matter how much I love her, it won't help her if she doesn't get everything that she needs.  Had I gotten her sooner (prior to the 4 other dogs, 4 cats, 1 snake and 1 ferret that I have now) I would have made her an only child! She is my second Dane (my beloved Brutus had to be put down due to bone cancer in 2002).  They are wonderful dogs, very special, and need special homes so I want to make the right choice for her.  She would probably be ok with one other dog in the home, if they were fed apart, so she could still get lots of attention.  Let me know what you think about the whole thing.

Offline taijinrr

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • we breed for quality, not quantity.TOP PEDIGREES,
    • View Profile
    • http:www.taijinrhodesianrhodesianridgebacks
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2005, 03:34:10 am »
if her hips cannot be certified  why would you breed her??????
  have her spayed  then place her  or call great dane rescue

i am sure she will get a good home
breed to make better dogs,,,,,,,,not more
TAIJIN Rhodesian Ridgebacks