Author Topic: I need your prayers  (Read 3351 times)

Offline Mom2Sadie

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
I need your prayers
« on: April 29, 2006, 07:37:01 pm »
I know you all are probably thinking I really am a drama queen because this much crap just doesn't happen to a person but I need your prayers. My baby Gus got out last night as I was bringing in groceries. By the time I got all the bags out of my hands Maggie was out the door too. I found Maggie within the hour, she doesn't go too far and she comes when she's called. Gus is another story. He came back once around 3:30 this morning and by the time I got downstairs and out the door he was booking it for the back of the complex. I chased him because I'm an IDIOT and he of course ran. Stayed outside looking for an hour or so and still didn't find him. Around 5:30 I heard scratching at the front door, looked out, saw him, and by the time I was at the door he was gone again. I haven't slept at all and I've been bawling for almost 12 hours straight. I left a bowl of food at the front and back door hoping he'll get hungry but he hasn't come back. I'm so afraid for him in this neighborhood. Busy streets and lots of shady folks. If someone finds him, he's so friendly they'll probably just take him in and he needs special food or he can die. He has FLUTD that produces struvite crystals in his urine and he needs to eat this food in order to break those up or he can become blocked and die. I'm printing out flyers right now and trying to call the Humane Society around here, but I don't think anything's open on a Sunday. My heart is in my throat. I don't know what I'll do without him if he doesn't come home. Is there anything else I can be doing today that anyone can think of? I'm going out to look around the neighborhood and put flyers up now, and hopefully that will help. Maybe he'll just be waiting at the door when I come back. I am so afraid for him. Please keep him in your thoughts.
Dear Lord,
Just for today, let me be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

Shawna
Sadie the Newf
Gus and Maggie - Maine Coon Kitties
Lady the Boxer waiting at the bridge

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
Re: I need your prayers
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2006, 07:43:24 pm »
I am so sorry!  I will certainly be praying.  Sorry I can't think of anything else to do off hand.  Where would people call if they found a stray?  Maybe call there and let them know you are looking.
Daphne

Offline CujoandShamus

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2006, 07:59:47 pm »
Prayers your way.
Call the Sherriff's office they usually do animal control when the pound is closed. They will take a description and keep it so if someone calls in they will call you.

Offline Tspanos

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2006, 01:29:18 am »
Shawna your due for a turn in your luck after the past few weeks. I know you want to search for Gus because I would too but I think if he's come home several times on his own you may be better off waiting for him. Take solace in the fact he knows where he lives and can find his way home. We will be awaiting your post of his return.

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2006, 03:10:47 am »
He is probably having an awesome time at your distress!...They're as bad as kids!...I know you are terribly distraught...I'd be too...I am sending prayers for Gus's safe & speedy return home!

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2006, 04:14:45 am »
I'll say a prayer that he is home soon.
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline The Brindle Pack

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2006, 05:27:04 am »
Please keep us posted.  You are in my prayers.

k2campbell

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2006, 06:58:55 am »
I'm so sorry about Gus - but am hopeful he'll return.  I'm saying a prayer for you, I hope you find him soon ;)

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2006, 07:04:12 am »
I'm so sorry to hear about Gus.  Hopefully he will return again, and this time stay put.  I'll be keeping you and him in my thoughts and prayers.

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2006, 07:57:27 am »
Gus please come home your Mommy is very upset!!  I have all our fingers, toes and paws crossed for Gus's safe return.

Offline Mom2Sadie

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2006, 10:01:25 am »
24 hours and still no Gus. Haven't even seen him since 5:30 this morning. I'm hoping he convinced some kind person to take him in and I'll get a phone call tomorrow, but it's probably not going to happen that way. I've called and left my info everywhere a person could potentially call around here if they found a stray. I'm also going to call all the vets near by tomorrow morning and put them on the lookout in case someone brings him in. A friend of mine actually suggested one of those have a heart traps for raccoons. Think that would work? I'd be willing to try just about anything right now.

Melissa, he is altered and has been for 2 years almost. He also just had a major procedure in Feb. that is essentially a sex change to treat the FLUTD. I hate thinking this way, but maybe between that and Sadie's arrival, he just needed a breather? He gets along great with her, but maybe she's just too much for him to handle?

How long can he be out on his own before I have to accept that he's not coming home? :'(
Dear Lord,
Just for today, let me be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

Shawna
Sadie the Newf
Gus and Maggie - Maine Coon Kitties
Lady the Boxer waiting at the bridge

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2006, 09:21:14 pm »
I'm very sorry to hear Gus hasn't come home yet.  Please keep us updated.  As you say hopefully some kind hearted person has taken him in and is looking for you right now.

Does he have a color with ID tags on him?  I'm sure you have called animal control and everyone else; did you call the police department?

Still keeping everything crossed -

Gus come home!!

Offline Winslow 151

• Paw-meister
  • Winslow at 6 Months
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2006, 09:22:56 pm »
Hi Shawna,

Winslow and I have paws and fingers crossed for Gus' safe return home!!

Rich
Happy Tails to All
Winslow's Dad

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2006, 09:27:44 pm »
We are sending positive thoughts from Atlanta!

Offline PennyK

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2006, 11:06:12 pm »
I hope Gus comes home soon!
Every girl needs a Teddy bear!