Author Topic: Tsu/Boudreaux Comparison-6/23 Update!  (Read 27090 times)

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
Re: Tsu/Boudreaux Comparison-5/22 Update!
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2006, 02:45:21 pm »
Oh I love the comparison! What a big difference. Both are so precious too.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline Softhug

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2006, 03:19:18 pm »
he is adorable! What is he latest weight and height?

12 week shots were on 5/12 and he weighed in at 32#.  So I would say close to 40# by now. He is 18" tall. 
On a side note, I took Zac to the dr. this morning for a check-up and he only weighed 31# so the pupper has bypassed him!!   
« Last Edit: May 24, 2006, 05:39:12 pm by Softhug »
Jacquie-Undercover Princess
Tsu Ling-Chow Chow-RIP 5/08
Boudreaux-American Mastiff
Griffey-Pi55y, fat, yellow cat
Comrade-red/white Siberian Husky
"Lots of people talk to animals," said Pooh.
"Not that many listen though."
"That's the problem."

Offline Softhug

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2006, 03:49:12 pm »
I love the new photo he looks like he is turning into a Mastiff but still has so much puppy, is he serious or goofy?  He is the cutest pup!!

Keep the pictures coming!

Randy & Harley

He is totally goofy! I read all the stories about how laid back their AM's are and how great they are with the little ones and Boudreaux (at 13 weeks)is a train wreck!  He is always yappin' in Tsu's face, mouthing Zac (all he has to do is breathe on Zac and Zac will say "ow."-big ninny ::) )and barking constantly at the cat.  I am not complaining mind you, I know he is a puppy.  I will just be glad when he settles down more so Zac will interact with him and he figures out that barking at Griffey is pointless.  :)
"That's the problem."

doggylover

« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2006, 05:53:05 pm »
I don't know how I missed this thread, I kept thinking I would message you and ask to see updated pics...he was so adorable as a little pup that I wondered how he was doing!  He i SOOOOOO freaking cute. 
Do you mind if I ask a few puppy questions?  We are getting our bullmastiff on July 1st and she will be 6 weeks.  How long did it take you to potty train him?  We are crating her at night and I can't remember the formula for how long they can hold their bladder at night.  I remember when we got Badger he was 6 weeks and he could hold it for 2 hours so I had to get up 3 times a night.  But there was some formula based on weight, that you upped the time period.  I am DREADING the up all night thing!
 ;D ;D  YAY PUPPY!

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2006, 06:08:17 pm »
That "little" fella is growing like a WEED!!!! :o  Those pics are an amazing record of his growth.  Won't be long before he's twice the size of Tsu!  I find puppies exhausting.  With our Labs, the first 6 mo were the hardest.  Then at about 1 yr you suddenly notice they have settled down some.  Then at 2 yrs there is another shift into lower gear.  By 2 yrs I could finally get to a point where I didn't think I might still have to throttle them.  That is one reason I've gone to rescues, 2 yrs and over ;D 
Daphne

Offline Softhug

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2006, 08:34:53 pm »
I don't know how I missed this thread, I kept thinking I would message you and ask to see updated pics...he was so adorable as a little pup that I wondered how he was doing!  He i SOOOOOO freaking cute. 
Do you mind if I ask a few puppy questions?  We are getting our bullmastiff on July 1st and she will be 6 weeks.  How long did it take you to potty train him?  We are crating her at night and I can't remember the formula for how long they can hold their bladder at night.  I remember when we got Badger he was 6 weeks and he could hold it for 2 hours so I had to get up 3 times a night.  But there was some formula based on weight, that you upped the time period.  I am DREADING the up all night thing!
 ;D ;D  YAY PUPPY![/i]

Thank you for the compliment!

Oh jeeze...I don't envy the "up every 2 hours" part of puppy ownership!  We didn't use any magical formula for him.  We got him at 8 weeks.  His cage is in the bedroom and the first two nights he whined ALL night.  We just got up about every hour and took him out.  Then within a few days he got a little better and when he would whine I would get up and take him outside.I would say 3-4 times a night.  Did he potty in the cage on occasion?  Yea, especially when I had a blanket in the cage with him.  So after about the first week we removed the blanket.  Presto, no more pee!  He was in the cage a lot for the first 2-3 weeks and HATED it!  It has just been over the last week or so that he's had more freedom.  If we PAY ATTENTION there are no accidents, but with hubby working nights and having a 2 year old I DO on occasion have to blot up some pee...but it is my fault, not his.   ;)       
"That's the problem."

doggylover

« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2006, 09:24:36 pm »
Bummer!  I was sorta hoping you had some kind of new fangled puppy pee plug that I hadn't heard about!
I guess I'll just have to bite the bullet and be tired...CONGRA TS on getting through it!
 ;)

Offline Magnus

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2006, 07:00:43 am »
[quote

Randy & Harley[/i]

He is totally goofy! I read all the stories about how laid back their AM's are and how great they are with the little ones and Boudreaux (at 13 weeks)is a train wreck!  He is always yappin' in Tsu's face, mouthing Zac (all he has to do is breathe on Zac and Zac will say "ow."-big ninny ::) )and barking constantly at the cat.  I am not complaining mind you, I know he is a puppy.  I will just be glad when he settles down more so Zac will interact with him and he figures out that barking at Griffey is pointless.  :)

Jac we felt the same way I kept reading about how they like to cuddle and was wondering what happened to my dog. Then one day the wife and I are on the couch and he squeezes his way on there (it was a very special night). Now every morning about 1/2 hour or so before we get out of bed he "asks" for help to get on our bed and he'll sleep between us as we are waking up. Too cute!!!! He has also become a great nap buddy.

He still is a little mouthy but mostly its gentle and he seems to realize if he "plays" too rough.
StanLee- American Mastiff
Julie- Rottie
Steve- Pug/Jack Russel
Neeko- My old rottie friend waiting at the bridge

Offline Softhug

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2006, 10:18:50 am »
[quote

Randy & Harley[/i]

Jac we felt the same way I kept reading about how they like to cuddle and was wondering what happened to my dog. Then one day the wife and I are on the couch and he squeezes his way on there (it was a very special night). Now every morning about 1/2 hour or so before we get out of bed he "asks" for help to get on our bed and he'll sleep between us as we are waking up. Too cute!!!! He has also become a great nap buddy.

He still is a little mouthy but mostly its gentle and he seems to realize if he "plays" too rough.

Thank God Jeff!  I was afraid we had picked out the ONE defective dog of the entire breed!  ;)  He is starting to want on the couch with me but when he is up there it is big paws and licks and teeth everywhere.  Goofball. I just can't wait until Zachary LIKES him.  First the ow...ow...ow.. .all the time and now lately he is shaking a pointing finger saying "bad"&"no, Boudreaux".  Poor pooch is just looking at him like "what????".  I know it will take time.  I like immediate gratification.   ;D
"That's the problem."

Offline BabsT

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2006, 10:19:58 am »
So funny how fast giant breeds grow... literally over night... great pics
Zero 23mth  Central Asian Ovcharka
Anchara 16mth old Caucasian Ovcharka

Offline Magnus

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2006, 10:33:49 am »
they use their paws like hands and fists dont they? He used to just come up to me and BOOM a huge paw to the face.  Again, its getting better. He seems to be going through another phase now where he pretends that he doesnt know what I am asking, as well as a leather goods fetish but thats a whole new post. LOL
Julie- Rottie
Steve- Pug/Jack Russel

Offline Softhug

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2006, 10:50:25 am »
they use their paws like hands and fists dont they? He used to just come up to me and BOOM a huge paw to the face.  Again, its getting better. He seems to be going through another phase now where he pretends that he doesnt know what I am asking, as well as a leather goods fetish but thats a whole new post. LOL

Pumpkin, I think that is a whole different board!!   ;D :D ;D :D
"That's the problem."

doggylover

« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2006, 12:02:12 pm »

HAHAHA You two just made me blow coffee out my nose~

Offline Softhug

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2006, 12:08:55 pm »

HAHAHA You two just made me blow coffee out my nose~

;)
"That's the problem."

Offline Magnus

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2006, 12:32:38 pm »
U R BAD
Julie- Rottie
Steve- Pug/Jack Russel