Author Topic: Marit..anal glands  (Read 35551 times)

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
Re: Marit..anal glands
« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2005, 10:49:51 pm »
Nose plugs good  ;D think clothes pin lol..... And you are right with the firm and loose poop, just that for some reason with todays dogs, it seems to be more complicated than that, maybe it is the food we give, maybe it is a breeding issue I have no idea. I think if you generelize (sp?) that smaller dogs tend to have worse problems with overproduction, the scooting you talk about, well you see that mostly from small dogs, the terriers seem to be very proone to it. But also poodles. That is breeds that more or less every time they came in needed to have their glands emptied. But big dogs like labs, GR, pitbulls, danes, newf. mastiffs, shepherds have an over production issue too, mind you even the dogs that have a problem that are of larger breeds, seem to be good on having the glands looked at not as often as the smaller breeds.

Yes you are right here too, if it gets to the point where they have serious problems, like scooting, licking and biting it is almost always pretty painful for them, not only painful to not have it treated but painful to have the glands expressed. It can be so hard so it is almost like a very dry clay, and that hurts to get out. In those cases I always after having expressed them, told the owners to go se a vet, because when its gone that far, it is a good idea to give them something for the infection after having emptied the glands. It is harder here though for dog owners to know why the dog is itching. In sweden we dont have fleas, if a dog has fleas it is a very poorly cared for dog. But here when you see a dog trying to bite on his hip area or lick there it can be fleas, parasites or glands + all the other skin issues that comes hand in hand with fleas. If you can exclude fleas you pretty much know that when they do that, there is something the matter with the rear end lol.....

I have a very sensetive nose, but the only thing that bothers me is puke...... I cant stand it, not to hear it, not to see it, not to smell it, that grosses me out way more than any analgland every could hehe

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

nickerbokker

« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2005, 11:02:53 pm »
okay, i'll get right on that.  i'll bend over, crack showing and all, and i will stick my nose in the grass and see what i can come up with....

i'll get back with you!

nickerbokker

« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2005, 11:09:47 pm »
well now my feelings are hurt.  how could you miss my post.  marit, i feel so neglected.   :'(

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 01, 2005, 11:14:52 pm »
Dang it..... I am off tonight sorry sweety  ::) Ill do better tomorrow  :P

If you talk to my kids they would tell you that too, that they feel neglected. I heard them say something about getting rid of the puter today, I am sure they didnt talk about MY puter

Marit

nickerbokker

« Reply #49 on: June 01, 2005, 11:21:43 pm »
yes, but cummon....who is more important here, your kids, OR ME.......

IM PRINCESS NICKI....AND YOU ARE THE QUEEN, THAT HAS TO STAND FOR SOMETHING!

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 01, 2005, 11:21:56 pm »
I just took a good look at this thread, and I am famous ........... ;D Not much can beat having your name flashed this flattering way - Marit..Anal Glands - I am soooooo proud I could never dream of getting this far in life  ::) I am such a lucky gal....... ;D

Marit

nickerbokker

« Reply #51 on: June 01, 2005, 11:23:25 pm »
LOL, you should feel SOOO special.  we have given you one helluva here!  word association

MARIT=ANAL GLANDS    i think its very special

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 01, 2005, 11:23:26 pm »
yes, but cummon....who is more important here, your kids, OR ME.......

IM PRINCESS NICKI....AND YOU ARE THE QUEEN, THAT HAS TO STAND FOR SOMETHING!

I know...... Ill tell my kids to back off....... Mommy is busy  :P And they dont even call me queen HA....

Marit

nickerbokker

« Reply #53 on: June 01, 2005, 11:24:08 pm »
kids.....CORNE R!  NOW!

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 01, 2005, 11:26:05 pm »
LOL, you should feel SOOO special.  we have given you one helluva here!  word association

MARIT=ANAL GLANDS    i think its very special

I know....... I am soooo special, I will forever be remembered as the anal gland fairy..... noooo I am queen here. so queen anal gland it is, gosh..... who would have guessed  :o I have to call my daddy tomorrow and tell him, he will be soooo proud of me

Marit

nickerbokker

« Reply #55 on: June 01, 2005, 11:28:01 pm »
the american dream come true!  how said you can't get ahead in america!

Offline mamadog

• Big Paw Certified
  • This is me and my Finn
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 01, 2005, 11:29:31 pm »
Well I missed out on an exciting conversation tonight! I have yet to drain an anal gland. Never given much thought to my dogs anus to be honest with you. Perhaps this is something I need to look into. I mean the subject, not look into my dogs anus.  Finn does tens to lick and nip at his bum often. I'll see if that could be it. Stuff like that doesn't bother me much really. I think I could handle it, though I would be sportin' some gloves!  So can you tell by looking at the anus that it needs to be done?

What do you suppose it says about us that we're talking about dog anus all night?

Vicki

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 01, 2005, 11:30:01 pm »
I know.... I married an american, I moved to the great country in west and I joined BPO. Now I am the "anal gland queen" America is GREAT.......  ::) ;D

Marit

nickerbokker

« Reply #58 on: June 01, 2005, 11:31:40 pm »
vicki....it says im cool.  and it says you're cool.  and that marit is cool.  BELIEVE IT!

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 01, 2005, 11:41:58 pm »
I think it is okay to talk about butt holes all  night, granted I dont have much of a family life anymore. My kids tell me I should spend more time with them, my hubby just looks at me and shakes his head. Earlier he came in here, and read what I was typing, he looked at me and said " are you for real??? Do you actually talk about anal glands on that board??" So I guess everyone doesnt see the whole butt issue in the same light. But who cares........

Vicki, you can not tell by only looking, you would have to do the 3 and 9 finger position to feel it, if it feels full it is a swollen feel to it and you know you have to put on the gloves hmmm maybe they were already on  ::)

Marit