Author Topic: Help! Weim urinating on baby's things  (Read 2231 times)

Offline RyanJacobsmom

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Help! Weim urinating on baby's things
« on: May 01, 2006, 03:24:48 am »
Hi. My family and I are having a problem with our Weim (Ryan Jacob) urinating on my infant daughter's toys and funiture. He is a little over 3 years old, is potty training and usually a very good dog. My guess is that he is jealous, but does any one have any suggestions on how to make him stop this?

Offline RyanJacobsmom

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Re: Help! Weim urinating on baby's things
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2006, 07:25:26 am »
Yep, he has be neutered since about 7 months old. He has just learned how to lift his leg to pee. He use to never do anything like this.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2006, 07:28:34 am »
Grace was my peer on all things mine when she was little.  She did it maybe 3 times...and only 3 times since I put my foot down hard to get her to stop peeing on the bed.  It's a dominance thing.  Proclaim your alpha dogness and it should stop.  There's a spot behind their head on the neck that is the sensitive spot.  Grab it not too hard and squeeze it.  that's how momma dogs get puppies to obey them.  it doesn't hurt them....just be firm and stand your ground.

Icerotti

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2006, 10:11:37 pm »
I too think it may be dominance. He is just marking things "mine"!!
We have a male Vizsla( just turned 1) that has just started doing the same thing. It intensified when we brought a baby weim into the picture. He even peed on her for the first week or so. Poor girl. Our trainer said he is just marking out his territory and prob a little jealous.
Has your daughter started crawling or walking expanding her territory? If so I wonder if he is just saying "hey whats going on here now this kid is moving around in my space--better show her its mine" ;)

I am going to try the spray bottle with water in it--it is so hard to catch him doing it.

If  you find a solution please pm me!!! Thanks ;D

Good Luck

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2006, 10:15:37 pm »
Oh yeah...the water bottle is a great tool too!  I shoot Gracey right in the behind when she starts rummaging through things like the trash can or the firewood by the fireplace.  She hates it.  I've gotten her to the point that if I jiggle the water bottle and she hears it slosh she runs.  But alas, my little ones are stubborn and need a firmer hand sometimes.  Not that I beat them or abuse them at all...I'm just not as polite as I could be.  :)