Author Topic: Energy Boost.. What the.. ??  (Read 3275 times)

Lyn

Energy Boost.. What the.. ??
« on: May 01, 2006, 07:50:01 pm »
I'm just over halfway through switching Bubba from Performatrin Ultra to Eagle Pack Holistic Select Fish and Oatmeal. He absolutely loves the EP and has had no problems adjusting to it so I've been doing the switch a little quicker than normal.

Well the past couple days I've noticed a remarkable energy boost. He used to play for about 15 minutes non-stop, then go and lay down with a bone or go to sleep. Now he's running around for 30+ minutes at a time until he's exausted, then sleeps for a couple hours. I'm not sure whether it's a good thing or not. :-\

Even hubby said Holy what the heck is in the Eagle Pack. LOL He reminds me of a little kid that ate too much chocolate. :D

At first I thought it may be from the Beet Pulp. Since I've never fed Bubba a food that contains it. But Eagle Pack says this about beet pulp. ""Beet Pulp used in Eagle Pack formulas contain less than 1% sugar. The amount of sugar from beet pulp in the final formula is 0.0003%, basically zero.""

Here's the ingredient list.. Could anything in here possibly be causing Bubba to be a 'spinner' LOL

Anchovy, Sardine & Salmon Meals (Preserved with Natural Mixed Tocopherols and Citric Acid), Oatmeal, Ground Brown Rice, Pearled Barley, Menhaden Oil (Preserved with Natural Mixed Tocopherols and Citric Acid), Dried Beet Pulp, Sun-Cured Alfalfa Meal, Air Dried Peas, Brewers Dried Yeast, Dried Egg Product, Flaxseed, Salt, Potassium Chloride, Dried Carrots, Dried Apples, Inulin, Glucosamine Hydrochloride, Dandelion (Organic), Garlic Powder, Yucca Schidigera Extract, DL-Methionine, Vitamin A Acetate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, d-Pantothenic Acid, Niacin Supplement, Choline Chloride, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitrate, Folic Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Biotin, Rosemary Extract, Inositol, Dehydrated Kelp, Polysaccharide Complexes (sequestered) of Zinc, Iron, Manganese, Copper and Cobalt, Potassium Iodate, Sodium Selenite, Lactobacillus acidophilus, Enterococcus faecium, B. Subtillus, Bacillus lichenformis, Bacillus coagulins, Aspergillus oryzae and Aspergillus niger.

Guaranteed Analysis:
Crude Protein min. 22.0%
Crude Fat min. 12.0%
Crude Fiber max. 3.9%
Moisture max. 10.0%

356 ME (Kcal/cup)

Calcium min. 0.95%**
Phosphorus min. 0.80%**
Vitamin A min. 22,000 IU/kg.
Vitamin E min. 125 IU/kg.
Omega 6 min. 3.2%*
Omega 3 min. .44%*
Glucosamine min. 400 ppm; 41 mg/cup*

Performatrin Ingredients are here..

http://www. performatrinul tra.com/ dog/ ddi_chicken.ht m (Remove spaces)

Edit* Performatrin link isn't working right. ???
« Last Edit: May 01, 2006, 07:52:56 pm by Lyn »

Offline GreatDanz

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Truly Great Danes!
    • View Profile
    • Mickey's Gold Bead Adventure
Re: Energy Boost.. What the.. ??
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2006, 07:52:33 pm »
Do you think it might be because he's actually absorbing the nutrition from this food?
-Ericka

Try and penetrate with our limited means the secrets of nature and you will find that, behind all the discernible concatenations, there remains something subtle, intangible and inexplicable.  Veneration for this force beyond anything that we can comprehend is my religion. -Albert Einstein

cricket36580

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2006, 07:58:26 pm »
The egg may be giving him an extra boost too.  More usable protien...

Lyn

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2006, 07:59:57 pm »
That could be.. I never really thought of it that way. It makes alot of sense that he's actually absorbing the nutrients.. hence more energy.

Maybe he will actually put some more weight/muscle on now..

MommyOfSchnauzers

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2006, 04:47:47 am »
hahaha Sorry, just had the whole Bubba on speed mental picture. lol  I'm glad he's liking his new food!

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2006, 04:51:04 am »
I'm just over halfway through switching Bubba from Performatrin Ultra to Eagle Pack Holistic Select Fish and Oatmeal. He absolutely loves the EP and has had no problems adjusting to it so I've been doing the switch a little quicker than normal.

Well the past couple days I've noticed a remarkable energy boost. He used to play for about 15 minutes non-stop, then go and lay down with a bone or go to sleep. Now he's running around for 30+ minutes at a time until he's exausted, then sleeps for a couple hours. I'm not sure whether it's a good thing or not. :-\

Even hubby said Holy what the heck is in the Eagle Pack. LOL He reminds me of a little kid that ate too much chocolate. :D

At first I thought it may be from the Beet Pulp. Since I've never fed Bubba a food that contains it. But Eagle Pack says this about beet pulp. ""Beet Pulp used in Eagle Pack formulas contain less than 1% sugar. The amount of sugar from beet pulp in the final formula is 0.0003%, basically zero.""

Here's the ingredient list.. Could anything in here possibly be causing Bubba to be a 'spinner' LOL

Anchovy, Sardine & Salmon Meals (Preserved with Natural Mixed Tocopherols and Citric Acid), Oatmeal, Ground Brown Rice, Pearled Barley, Menhaden Oil (Preserved with Natural Mixed Tocopherols and Citric Acid), Dried Beet Pulp, Sun-Cured Alfalfa Meal, Air Dried Peas, Brewers Dried Yeast, Dried Egg Product, Flaxseed, Salt, Potassium Chloride, Dried Carrots, Dried Apples, Inulin, Glucosamine Hydrochloride, Dandelion (Organic), Garlic Powder, Yucca Schidigera Extract, DL-Methionine, Vitamin A Acetate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, d-Pantothenic Acid, Niacin Supplement, Choline Chloride, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitrate, Folic Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Biotin, Rosemary Extract, Inositol, Dehydrated Kelp, Polysaccharide Complexes (sequestered) of Zinc, Iron, Manganese, Copper and Cobalt, Potassium Iodate, Sodium Selenite, Lactobacillus acidophilus, Enterococcus faecium, B. Subtillus, Bacillus lichenformis, Bacillus coagulins, Aspergillus oryzae and Aspergillus niger.

Guaranteed Analysis:
Crude Protein min. 22.0%
Crude Fat min. 12.0%
Crude Fiber max. 3.9%
Moisture max. 10.0%

356 ME (Kcal/cup)

Calcium min. 0.95%**
Phosphorus min. 0.80%**
Vitamin A min. 22,000 IU/kg.
Vitamin E min. 125 IU/kg.
Omega 6 min. 3.2%*
Omega 3 min. .44%*
Glucosamine min. 400 ppm; 41 mg/cup*

Performatrin Ingredients are here..

http://www. performatrinul tra.com/ dog/ ddi_chicken.ht m (Remove spaces)

Edit* Performatrin link isn't working right. ???
That's funny...Bubba on speed...lol!...Careful with the beet pulp...There is alot of talk right now about it causing allergies. :( Let me know if Bubba has any trouble with it...I am researching for a friend with a dog with skin & coat problems.

Nicole

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2006, 05:04:19 am »
Well, I know that when people are stressed, their body consumes more B complex vitamins. My doctor always recommended that when I'm stressed and feeling wiped out, that I take a B complex. He said it would boost my energy levels...so, maybe all the B vitamins is giving him his energy back?

Lyn

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2006, 10:08:18 am »
Thanks for the heads up on the beet pulp. I really am not too keen on it as it is. But hopefully it doesn't cause any problems. So far so good. ;) Bubba does have a flea bite allergy, so he does get a little lick/chew happy during the spring/summer even using topical flea stuff since he still gets bit before they die.

LOL yeah Bubba on speed is about it. Like having the 24 hour zoomies. :D

Offline MafiaPrincess

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2006, 12:23:11 pm »
LOL.. I've been the queen of the food switchers..
when I didn't know better she came with nutrience, then iams, then I started to research.. couldn't find better than nutro, then wysong, eagle pack holistic, canidae, solid gold hund n flocken, wellness, and now solid gold wolf king.

And even though most of what we went with were 'good' foods.. I don't think she was doing as well with wellness as I thought.  As the amount of wellness per day goes down because it is finally being used up.. ber energy is going up.  Pain in the butt because my wellness suply was cheaper and had larger bags..

But, I totally understand an energy switch difference.  The hyper dog I had before was enough.. now she's like JRT hyper, lol.
~I'm changing my naughty ways to naughtier ones~