Author Topic: Any Dogue de Bordeaux owners?  (Read 58359 times)

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
Any Dogue de Bordeaux owners?
« on: June 01, 2005, 10:06:47 pm »
I would like to see photos of these cuties.  They were my first choice, but I decided on rottweilers.  I don't see many Dogue de Bordeaux, but when I do they are spectacular.  Aren't they also known as the French Mastiff?
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
Re: Any Dogue de Bordeaux owners?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2005, 10:30:37 pm »
Me too, I love the look of the Dogue de Bordeaux, I see them all the time in magazines and in ads. in mags. but hardly ever live so to speak. Wasnt that the breed who played "Hutch" in the movie??? hmmm maybe it is spellet "Houtch" nope.... that looks even more stange, ohh well, you know who I mean  ;D

I wonder how many they register per year, I think I have to go take a look and see if I can find some info. about them

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2005, 10:34:43 pm »
Me too, I love the look of the Dogue de Bordeaux, I see them all the time in magazines and in ads. in mags. but hardly ever live so to speak. Wasnt that the breed who played "Hutch" in the movie??? hmmm maybe it is spellet "Houtch" nope.... that looks even more stange, ohh well, you know who I mean  ;D

I wonder how many they register per year, I think I have to go take a look and see if I can find some info. about them

Marit

I hope BPO acquires DDB owners.  It would be neat to see what they share.
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

Offline pndlake

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2005, 10:52:00 pm »
Hi,  wasn't it Turner and Hooch and Hooch was the dog.  I remember because we owned a video store when it was released and one of the puppies at the end of the movie lived right by our store.  He brought the dog "Napoleon" out to our store to promote the movie and let customers kids pet and climb all over him.  He, of course, was full grown by the time the movie was released.  The kids were climbing all over him and he fell asleep. :D  I happened to see the man who owned him and unfortunately, Napoleon did not live very long because of bone problems. :'(  I do not know of any others around here but I would not be surprised, if I see Steve (owner) I will ask him. It is pronounced (dog de borjay)
Peggy

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2005, 10:53:10 pm »
Yes I hope so, hey...... if there is anyone out there, please come show us your handsome dogs.

I love their wrinkely faces. Are you still concidering getting one, when it is time to get the next dog??

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2005, 11:11:59 pm »
Yes I hope so, hey...... if there is anyone out there, please come show us your handsome dogs.

I love their wrinkely faces. Are you still concidering getting one, when it is time to get the next dog??

Marit

I am very accustomed to rottweilers now.  I really do not know what I will do.  Greta and Lou, of course, are aging, but I want to think they have a lot of time left.  Some day I may go down to one dog, because I may rearrange things and/or move out of the country.  But, of course I will never, ever give up any of my dogs...ever!  They will live with me through their last days.

Offline dirdee dog

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2005, 12:17:36 pm »
Hi,

I'm a dogue de bordeaux owner.  I have a three year old girl who is the love of my life.  My breeder told me once I had one of these dogs, I would never want anything else.  She was simple to  train, very smart, seems to be a logical thinker.  This is a breed that is very protective of the family, they act as a body guard.  Its just something she does, I didn't have to show her anything.  They just want to please you, if you ask them to do something, they will (as long as they understand!) They also need alot of attention, this is not the dog to be left alone alot or kenneled away from the family.  Their health will suffer (they lose their spirit).  I also would not advise a beginner dog owner to get one of these dogs, they can have very stong personalities (like any guarding dog...rotties, shepards) you can't be afraid of them and you must correct them (not physically!) if they challenge you. I feel so safe with her, she is about 130 lbs. although that is pretty big for a bitch.  They do tend to have some joint problems (hips, knees) but most large breed dogs tend to have these problems within the breed.  The bordeaux has such a small gene pool that it is difficult to breed this out.  My girl had tohave knee surgery and even though this happened I would still get another one, they are just a wonderful dog.  If you want to check out the breed go to www.bighousebo rdeaux.com This is my breeders site and she is just awesome (the dog at the top of the page is my girls daddy!)  . I tried to attach a photo of my girl "gracie" hope it works.  If you have any questions, just ask.  Thanks, dirdee dog

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2005, 09:02:52 pm »
Absolutely gorgeous!

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2005, 10:22:05 pm »
Beautiful girl. Thanks for sharing her picture with us.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline pndlake

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2005, 11:39:19 pm »
eeeeewwww how pretty she is. They have such a great disposition, no wonder you adore her so much.  Good luck and thanks for sharing.

Peggy
Peggy

Offline Bordeauxmamma

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2005, 06:28:08 am »
I have a bordeaux named Tank. He just turned one and is about 130lbs. He is just a great dog. I have 3 boxers also and I never thought I would love a breed as much as them but I have found it. We got him from Park Ave Bordeaux in Alabama. His father is Razz (who was also STUNNING). Strangely enough when I was getting ready to pick him up from the airport the breeder emailed me that his brother was also comming into the same airport. Long story short we all became friends and the boys play all the time. It is a beautiful thing to watch them stay so close. I have never met gentler creatures in my life. My Tank is just a huge mush-protective at the appropriate time but a MUSH the rest of the time. I am trying to upload some pictures but last night it this site kept giving me an error message so I will try again tomorrow. Wait till you see him he is BEAUTIFUL if I do say so myself! LOL

Kiahpyr

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2005, 07:05:34 am »
Can't wait to see the pictures! I had a problem posting pics as well. Turns out I was trying to preview them and that's when I got the error. Try just hitting post instead.

Offline Bordeauxmamma

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2005, 08:37:41 am »
Still having trouble. The error messages are all different and some say user profile doesnt exist others just say error uploading. Any suggestions???

Offline Bordeauxmamma

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2005, 09:19:02 pm »
Hey thanks so much. I got one picture on and a bunch more to go. I will do more tomorrow night -i need to get some sleep. The is some very comfy dog pillows laying on my bed now. They look very peaceful so I am going tolay with them. Goodnight for now and Thanks for the info!!
PS hope you like the picture I got on!!!

Offline Bordeauxmamma

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2005, 08:24:22 am »
I also was able to post 2 pictures on the profile. One is on Tanks and the other on Harley's Page. The one on Harley's is a group shot with my 4 dogs and Tanks littermate. Its cute. Hope you like them.
I did have trouble trying to get other pics on though -I will try again tonight or tomorrow.