Author Topic: Im pulling out my hair over here  (Read 13460 times)

Blair

Im pulling out my hair over here
« on: May 04, 2006, 11:21:40 pm »
Last night I found out we werent going to be able to pick up Gauge on Monday due to my Husband's hours going up [thats bad enough] So I emailed his breeder and asked if it was possible that she could keep him till next Sunday. I still not heard a word from the breeder yet and i am going crazy. Her husband is a truck driver and he was going to drive Gauge a little closer to us, so we could go pick him up. Well I just remembered that her husband might be already gone with Gauge, and we cant go get him Monday due to work hours. I havent heard back from the breeder, anda I usualy will have an email from her by now. SO I have no earthy clue on what I am going to do. I am ready to have a break down  :'( I want my puppy.

lins_saving_grace

Re: Im pulling out my hair over here
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2006, 11:25:43 pm »
do you have her phone number to call her? 

Blair

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2006, 11:27:27 pm »
do you have her phone number to call her? 

DUH...I actually do have it somewhere...do nt I feel like a dumby now....But what if her husband already left with Gauge? Thats what I am wory about  :-\ I guess if he did I HAVE to find a way to go get him.....This all really stinks

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2006, 11:32:51 pm »
one step at a time! call her first.

Offline PennyK

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2006, 11:58:06 pm »
I sure hope things work out OK. 

We are looking forward to meeting him!

Take a deep breath and relax!!
Every girl needs a Teddy bear!

Icerotti

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2006, 12:00:30 am »
Is there anyone on BPO that would be close to where you are suppose to pick him up?

Do you only have one vehicle? If so maybe you could rent a car?

I hope thing work out Blair :)

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2006, 12:10:12 am »
Oh Blair - nothing like a little stress to get your day going!

But seriously.... there is always a way....  so like Lins said... start with calling the breeder and then we'll take it from there....  BPO'ers are brilliant, resourceful people... someone will have a solution.  :)

Hang in there and please keep us posted.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2006, 12:11:31 am »
She'll know how to get ahold of her husband in the truck and you can all corrdinate together.  Worse case scenerio: Gauge gets to be a long haul trucker for a week.  :)

Blair

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2006, 12:26:59 am »
Got ahold of the breeder, they wont be able to meet us next weekend. SHe isnt sure when we will be able to make plans to pick him up if we dont do it Monday  :'(

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2006, 12:35:32 am »
Do you have any family in the area that could drive you there to pick him up Monday?  Why can't you pick him up Sunday or Saturday? 
And maybe I've been living under a rock...but do you have to have Ben go with you? 

Blair

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2006, 12:38:30 am »
Do you have any family in the area that could drive you there to pick him up Monday?  Why can't you pick him up Sunday or Saturday? 
And maybe I've been living under a rock...but do you have to have Ben go with you? 

Yes I do have to have Ben go with me [I rather not get into that but he needs to Drive] My family isnt too happy with me getting a puppy, so no they wont help me. The same reason we cant get him Monday is why we cant get him Saturday or Sunday, Ben's hours at work went up this week and he has to work this Sunday. Talk about bad timing  :-\ So its either I figure something out for this Monday, or get him whenever I can [who knows when]
« Last Edit: May 05, 2006, 12:39:14 am by Blair »

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2006, 12:40:38 am »
do you have a neighbor you're friends with who is up for a road trip?
How far away is the breeder?  Who do you know who is available and close who can get you there?
And Ben's boss won't let him take off at least the time to go get the puppy?  Could he call in sick and fake it?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2006, 12:41:39 am by lins_saving_grace »

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2006, 12:43:39 am »
what about that Dane transport place someone here mentioned?  Call the local animal shelter and see if they have a transport...or your vet and see if they know someone willing to help out on the puppy end of town.

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2006, 12:59:50 am »
  Could he call in sick and fake it?

As I used to say years ago when I worked in retail & needed a day off.... "everybody gets the flu!"  ;)

Blair

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2006, 01:01:42 am »
His Boss is my father, go figure huh. Well I have figured something out, so Monday is still the day i get him. I swear this day is being a very crappy day. But everything is figured out and I hope its smooth sailing from now till I get him in my hands.