Author Topic: Vet Adventure  (Read 1042 times)

Offline K9ldy00

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Vet Adventure
« on: May 06, 2006, 11:39:06 pm »
Well it was time for 5 of my crew to get their vaccines. I started going to a different Vet as my old one just seemed like they were in it for the money.
Of course Hubby had to work that day so I was doing this alone. This vet is one town away  from me and with the price of gas I decided they were all going  at one time ::). I managed to get them all loaded in the back of the old  SUV, I even had bought a  grate that should keep them in the back of the vehicle( Ya Right). About half way there it fell over :o . So the rest of the way there I'm yelling " No, Bad Dog Get in the back ". We arrive and have to wait in the parking lot for "The big room"   with 5 dogs at a total of about 300 pounds jumping around and barking at all the people.  Finally they come for us, We manage to get them all inside with no escapees. The people waiting in the office are watching like it's a parade or something :D. Then Echo ( my Siberian) slips her collar and runs down the hall straight for the Cat Kennel  :-\
 I hear a bunch of hissing and spitting and grab her before one of them got hurt. Finally we were all in the exam room and they were all Angels for their shots and exams.  Then it's time to go home, so it's another parade through the waiting room. By the time we got home we were all exhausted. I think next year I'll take them in 2 at a time :P
Dog Mom to
Dozer, Tealk,Zander,Zeva, Tesla

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
Re: Vet Adventure
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2006, 01:19:38 am »
LOL!  I can just picture it...  Even though my vet is an hour away, I've learned to only take as many dogs as I can hold in two hands (which means 2).  Even so, last time I still came home drenched in sweat.  That said, I practice every day by walking Carter and Katie  ::)  It is like that same kind of zoo every day.
Daphne

cricket36580

Re: Vet Adventure
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2006, 03:39:11 am »
Aw, come on!  I can take 3 at a time...Surely you can handle 5!  ROFLMAO!!!!!    ;D