Author Topic: I need you - my support group - so much right now. Please read  (Read 50290 times)

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
Re: I need you - my support group - so much right now. Please read
« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2006, 03:01:16 pm »
Thanks so much, everyone for checking on things with Tracy in your own time and sending those good thoughts out. I wish I had more news to report. Her husband is back to being a "person of interest" instead of a suspect because the forensic unit didn't find anything when they went back to search the house.

There is another search going on today and they have also contacted the Kentucky law enforcement because a couple of years ago she was planning on going to school there to become a horse trainer. She had told her ex-boyfriend Bryon (who took a leave of absence from his job to help with the search) that if she took off she would either go to Las Vegas where he lives or to Kentucky.

Tracy's mom's friends talked to another psychic who said Tracy "wants to be found". I'm not sure exactly what that means, but it sounds promising on the surface. The other psychic had told them to search Hummell park in Omaha and that there was some connection with a capitol H and small a. Well, as they were searching based on that tip, they found the body of a little girl who had been missing for a few weeks. Her name was Amber Harris.

Is that weird or what?

Tracy's dad and Bryon have been on the Greta Van Susteren show on Fox News Network and Dan Abrams report and my husband has heard reports of her disappearance on satellite radio as he drives across the country so her story has national attention.

Please keep praying we will find her.

My internet is down at home so I'm checking in as often as I can at Starbucks.

Love you ALL!

Jeanne
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline Mom2Sadie

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2006, 03:28:31 pm »
Jeanne, I've been thinking a lot about you and your friend and her family. I will continue to pray for all of you and hope that it all turns out ok. Good to hear the story is getting some more national attention.

How are YOU holding up through all of this? You ok?

Big hugs to you and everyone there.
Dear Lord,
Just for today, let me be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

Shawna
Sadie the Newf
Gus and Maggie - Maine Coon Kitties
Lady the Boxer waiting at the bridge

Offline 2dogmom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2006, 03:34:24 pm »
Gus and I are thinking and praying for you and your friend..hope all turns out well and Tracy is just in a safe hiding place..-lacy

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 13, 2006, 03:56:54 pm »
Mom2Sadie: I am on an emotional roller coaster, but I'm hanging in there.

April: I wanted to let you know, too that her dad posted one of the pictures you sent of Tracy holdinng Kitana on the search website (www.tracytribb le.com). I forwarded them to him because I thought that picture might be useful because it shows her with her hair up and in a hat, etc. I guess he thought so, too.

Thanks so much for sending those. I also forwarded your phone # to her mom (her name is Mary in case she calls you).

Once again, you guys are the best support group ever!

Jeanne
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

kgostomski

« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2006, 06:29:16 pm »
This is Tracy's cousin Kristen from Texas.  I can't believe Uncle John and Aunt Mary are having to go through this.  I just saw Uncle John a few weeks ago at my Uncle's funeral in Chicago.  Although we don't get to see family much with us being in Texas we always think about them.  Please continue to post info on what is going on as the news from Council Bluff's isn't reporting much and with you being in contact with the family it helps.  I have no way of getting in contact with my Uncle John.  Please let them know that their family from Texas is keeping them in our thoughts and prayers and we're keeping in contact with our family from Wisconsin to find out the latest.  Tell them we love them.  Thanks

Offline smsmith

• Leader of the Pack
  • Einstein has changed my life -- for the good!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2006, 07:44:49 am »
Jeanne!  I don't have a computer at home, so I was anxious to see the latest news and was CERTAIN they'd have found Tracy by now, or that she'd casually walked in the door and said I'm back.  I'm so sorry to hear there's still no good result to report.

I'm posting the Sunday & Monday newspaper reports:

Monday 5/15
About 30 people continued searching Sunday for Tracy Tribble, a 35-year-old Council Bluffs woman who has been missing since May 3, said friend Bryon Batchelder.

The search of vacant lots and parks began Saturday and was organized by Council Bluffs police and relatives and friends of Tribble. More than 100 people searched Saturday.

No leads were turned up Sunday, Batchelder said.

Sunday, May 14
COUNCIL BLUFFS - More than 100 people searched vacant lots and parks Saturday with the slight hope of finding Tracy Tribble, and a far slighter hope of discovering her alive.

From left, Francis Thompson, Lynn Duarksen and Dan Lupardus check maps while coordinating the search for Tracy Tribble in Council Bluffs.

Council Bluffs police and relatives and friends of Tribble organized the daylong search for the woman who has been missing since May 3.

Sgt. Ray Mabbitt said the search will resume at 9 a.m. today from the same parking lot near 223 Harmony St. where it began Saturday.

Jeff Hylton of Carter Lake put the goal of the mission succinctly: "I hope we don't find her," he said, "but I hope we find something that leads us to her."

Tribble's father, John Gostomski, said his greatest hope was that they would "find my daughter, preferably well. But as you know, searching like this, that's probably not the case."

Gostomski, who lives in Arizona, said he was grateful for the turnout and for the work of the Council Bluffs officers.

Folding tables were spread over part of the parking lot, and large photos of Tribble were taped to them. Those who know her say it would be out of character for her to leave without telling someone.

Her husband, Stan Tribble, cooperated with law enforcement officers for several days and hired an attorney late last week. Stan Tribble told a police investigator at that time that he did not want to speak with him anymore.

Mabbitt said Stan Tribble did not make an appearance.

Search and rescue teams from Ames, Iowa, and Kansas City, Mo., provided their services. Search dogs participated in the effort. Police furnished manpower and a mobile command center.

Mainly, though, it was Tracy Tribble's friends, and friends of those friends, who went out in teams of 10 or fewer to areas around the town.

Julie Haas, who attended Millard North High School with Tribble, said their main connection was through showing horses. They belonged to the same saddle club, boarded horses at the same place and competed against each other when they were younger.

Haas' brother, Eric Meyer, fondly recalled that if they were not going to win a competition, they would pull for Tribble, and vice versa.

Kellee Ridge of Omaha brought two large black Labrador-Newfoundland mixes named Bonnie and Clyde along for the search. Ridge is a friend of Joanne Harrell, a longtime buddy of Tribble's.

Harrell and her father, Don, walked near the train tracks and beneath the viaduct in central Council Bluffs, tromping through weeds and scouring lots.

Joanne Harrell became friends with Tribble in junior high school, more than 20 years ago.

With Tribble missing for 10 days, Harrell said, it is impossible to be optimistic. Still, she said, a tenacious effort must be made. They made such an effort Saturday.

Sarah

Offline Janese51

• Gnawer
  • Buddy & Henry
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2006, 07:41:24 am »
Hi,
I am Janese and Tracy Tribble is my husband's first cousin.
Our heart goes out to Uncle Johnny and family and friends. We just saw Uncle Johnny at our Uncle's funeral and wish we could be there helping everyone in the searches.  I don't have an address where Uncle Johnny is staying so we can send cards to him to let him and his wife and Mary know that they are all in our prayers and our whole church is praying for her safety.  I came across your site looking for more update on Tracy and we have only seen one time on Fox news and nothing else besides going on the net on Omaha.Com. We live in Illiois and other relatives whose computer is down is contacting us for info. Please let Uncle Johnny know that our family is holding everyone up in prayer.

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2006, 08:21:56 am »
I just want to let you know that, while there is no new information to report, John (Tracy's dad) emailed me that he ready this post every day is so overwhelmed at your concern and outpouring of support from strangers.

Thanks again for everything.

Offline mariannawoof

• Ankle Biter
  • gotta love the kisses
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2006, 08:29:36 am »
I'm so glad you are keeping us updated on the search for your friend...I've been thinking about her and your situation... continued prayers and hugs from Rhode Island.

xoxo marianna
Hugs & wags -
Marianna, Riley & Duffy

Offline smsmith

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2006, 10:31:47 am »
I'm so glad Tracy's dad is reading this.  Sometimes just knowing you're not alone helps ease the stress.

I would like to propose a time today when all of us at BPO have a prayer-minute for Tracy and her family.

Any suggestions?  Since we're spread out all across the country, maybe this evening around 8:00 p.m. central time?
Sarah

Offline smsmith

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2006, 10:42:28 am »
Cool.  I'll post a new message to let everybody know.
Sarah

kgostomski

« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2006, 11:10:48 am »
count me in.....

Uncle John I've talked to dad (Victor) every day since Dan called me.  He told me to let you know that ya'll are in his thoughts and prayers if I was to talk to you.  We don't have a number to reach you at so I figured this was the next closest thing since you are reading it daily.  Just letting you know we're thinking 'bout you.  Email us if you can kgostomski@yahoo.com

Offline Janese51

• Gnawer
  • Buddy & Henry
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 16, 2006, 12:19:37 pm »
Count us in for 8Pm Central for Prayer for Tracy!

Uncle Johnny, they said you read this every day.  Your sister Rita called and  told me to let you know that you are in her prayers and in everyone elses.  Also to let you know that they are on the phones right now calling everyone for everyone to take a special time out for prayer at 8 p.m. central time tonight for Tracy and family. Ron and I and our family will be praying also at that time. Love you,  Ron and Janice Staron oma8@insightbb.com 

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #58 on: May 16, 2006, 12:22:08 pm »
You too can count me in as well!
I will honor Tracy, her family and friends at 8pm/CT!
It is the least I can do from Atlanta.
Y'all are in my thoughts!

MommyOfSchnauzers

« Reply #59 on: May 16, 2006, 12:28:55 pm »
Me too.  8pm CST tonight.