Author Topic: Do you own a giant breed? LOL  (Read 6145 times)

Lyn

Do you own a giant breed? LOL
« on: May 07, 2006, 09:24:08 am »
I found this and thought it was funny.. so I had to post it here.  ;D

Here is a list of possible ways to determine if, in fact, you do own a Giant breed or not.

- If the sound of running water makes you jump up and yell, "OUTSIDE! "Your dog is a Giant breed . . .

-If you tell your dog to sit, and he backs up until he finds a chair, your dog is a Giant Breed.

-If it takes 3 people to get your dog on the scale at the vets,  your dog is a Giant Breed.

-If you can carry on a conversation with a dog's muzzle firmly in your crotch . . . your dog is a giant breed.

-If your dog can hide an entire coke can (among other things) fully inside his lips and give you that innocent look that says, "What? I'm not eating anything!"  you own a Giant Breed.

-If you carry a tape measure with you when shopping for a new vehicle . . . your dog is a giant breed.

-If you keep at least one color-coded "drool towel" in every room of your house.  your dog is a Giant Breed.
-If visitors enter your house holding their privates protectively - your dog is a Giant Breed.

-If you take your dog for a ride and he rests his head on your arm, causing you to make random right turns, your dog is a Giant Breed.

-If you have given up on water dishes and you just use the bathtub, your dog is a Giant Breed.

-If you avoid the dogs on your way out the door, so they won't smear your makeup or slime your outfit - you own a Giant breed.

-If you've learned to force a smile when asked, "do you have a saddle for that thing?" You own a Giant Breed.

-If the monthly dog budget exceeds your home mortgage payment, you own a Giant Breed.

-If your veterinarian has been able to put in a swimming pool, build a large home, buy jet skis and a personal plane, you own a Giant Breed.

-If you have had to train your dog not to lick dishes, and the dishes are in the sink . . . You own a Giant Breed.
-
-If the donuts you put on top of the refrigerator are gone when you get home and your dog has powdered sugar on his nose, you own a Giant Breed.

-If your dog can see what you're cooking, and he tries to assist you in the preparation by licking the spoon - you own a Giant Breed.

-If ALL of the delivery people tell you to meet them at the end of the driveway - Your dog is a Giant Breed.

-If you purchase a large screen TV and you still can't see the program when your dog stands in front of the television - you own a Giant Breed.

-If the first warm days brings out shampoo and the hose to give your dog a bath outside - to avoid the increase of flood insurance on your home - yes you own a Giant Breed.

Apparently this is copyrighted material. I found it on a local forum.. but they must have copied it from this ladies website. So I figured I better add her link.. http://www.ginnie.com/Danes.htm

« Last Edit: May 27, 2006, 03:51:34 pm by Lyn »

Kiahpyr

Re: Do you own a giant breed? LOL
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2006, 09:30:35 am »
HAHAHA! Those are great and very true!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2006, 09:32:38 am by Tajsa »

Offline Kelly89084

• Big Paw Certified
  • My Protector!
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2006, 10:49:19 am »
LMAO!!!  Far too many of those are true!   ;D
"If a dog jumps in your lap, it is because he is fond of you; but if a cat does the same thing, it is because your lap is warmer." - Alfred North Whitehead

Offline BarkleysMum

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • Our Picture Trail Albums
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2006, 05:20:33 pm »
Oh my these are soooo true!!! Thanks for the chuckle this morning!
Sandy
Newly owned by Anna Banana, kind of owned by Sheba
and always remembering Barkley - crossed the Bridge on May 19, 2006.

cricket36580

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2006, 06:28:16 pm »
ROFL!!!  Too true!  Thanks for  the laughs this morning.  What a great way to start a week!

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2006, 07:19:08 pm »
"If you carry a tape measure with you when shopping for a new vehicle . . . your dog is a giant breed."

Love that one, I have a tape measure and the storage bag for the softside crate.

Lisa

Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2006, 07:27:32 pm »
 :D What a riot!  Thanks for sharing that!  Those need to be printed off and hung on the fridge.  WAY too many of those are so true at our house  :o  I never go out to see Katie and Carter until I'm "dressed down."  Eider and Jesse too for that matter but he's no where near as drooly or hairy as the other two beasts.  Gotta love them!
Daphne

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2006, 03:52:35 am »
If you have had to train your dog not to lick dishes, and the dishes are in the sink . . . You own a Giant Breed.

If your dog can see what you're cooking, and he tries to assist you in the preparation by licking the spoon - you own a Giant Breed.

These were my favorites! I don't know how many times Zoey has tried to grab a pot off the stove to see what's cooking or Dolly has attempted to further clean the already-clean dishes for us by licking them!
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

k2campbell

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2006, 01:55:40 am »
AWESOME.  Love it! :D ;)

Offline nostaw

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2006, 11:34:15 am »
As they say, "many a true word spoken in jest" LMAO

Andy
Slime flies when you're having fun!

Offline Stacey

• Grand Master
  • Tonka
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2006, 01:28:42 pm »
Those were hilarious!!

I love the one about forcing a smile when asked "do you have a saddle for that?"...ugh!!  Why does everyone think they just came up with that and it is the first time I have ever heard it?!
Thanks for the laugh!
I am kind of a big deal!

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2006, 03:39:16 pm »
Haha! The innocent look with a giant something in their mouth nicely hidden made me laugh. Bear always does that!  ;D
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline Tspanos

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2006, 07:58:40 pm »
How true, how true.

doggylover

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2006, 10:48:18 pm »
Holy Cow!  I thought I was alone in most of that!
 ;D

doggylover

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2006, 12:16:28 am »
I have another one to add to the list, just thought of it tonight when I went to feed Badger dinner. 

'You know you have a Giant dog if you have a separate refrigerater in your garage JUST to hold all of his food'

:D