Author Topic: I Just HAVE to tell you guys this story!  (Read 4949 times)

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
Re: I Just HAVE to tell you guys this story!
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2006, 01:14:49 pm »
From what I can remember, their eyes don't open until about 10 days to 2 wks.  But yeah, you can't tell what color they are b/c they will be pretty dark for awhile.  Many can start off as blue, then change as they get a bit older.

Offline mtaig12

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2006, 01:45:03 pm »
I was adopted by a stray cat when I was in Arizona who lived under the neighbors house (lots of feral cats there). I had an indoor-only neutered male (Oscar) and thought he might be lonely (my female cat had died about 6 months before this). I started petting this stray, eventually she came in the house, and wanted nothing to do with my male cat. ::) One mornign, I went to work and left her outside, and when I came home she was inside. She had broken through the window screen to get inside! :o About that time, I noticed she was getting rounder and rounder (although she was thin).  I guessed she would have at least three kittens, which she did. In my closet. On top of my shoes. I wasn't surprised by the kittens but I was surprised at the determination by mom to have a better place to have her kittens!

Anyway, the kittens were a blast, I found homes for all three of them and then had the mom spayed (named her Emily). The vet estimated she was about a year old then, so it may have been one of her first heat cycles that she got pregnant. She and my male cat got along great once the kittens were gone. In the picture Oscar is the orange tabby, Emily is the black tabby.

Where are the cute kitten pictures?

Tracy
Tracy and Mike - parents
Alex and Ian - kids
Max and Star - canines
Oscar and Emily - felines
Nibbles - hamster
North Carolina

k2campbell

« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2006, 04:38:01 pm »
OMG - how cool is that?!  Really neat story, especially because it's true! :D ;)