Author Topic: *HELP* - Poop Problem  (Read 2604 times)

k2campbell

*HELP* - Poop Problem
« on: May 09, 2006, 06:01:07 am »
At 10 months old, Kate has now had two days of us finding runny poop in her area when getting home :P  She has never made a mess in her area since we got her, aside from eating the walls of course! ::)

She is acting completely normal, hasn't been given anything different to eat these past few days, has only eaten her Canidea - no treats other than her cookies she always gets and her raw bones.  I'm not too worried because she is acting as full of energy and pep as usual, wants to play, etc.  Yesterday's cow pattie was a lot bigger than today's, but regardless it happened two days in a row now...

Any suggestions as to what I should feed Kate for supper tonight?  Should I fast her?  Stick to the Canidea?  Slippery Elm or something similar?  Any suggestions would be appreciated ;D

I must say, she is one clean dog.  Both days now she's managed to poop in there and not step in it at all.  She must of had to of gone really bad though, because (as mentioned above) this is the 1st time ever.  Poor girl!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2006, 06:25:43 am by k2campbell »

Offline mariannawoof

• Ankle Biter
  • gotta love the kisses
    • View Profile
Re: *HELP* - Poop Problem
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2006, 09:19:05 pm »
Maybe you should take a stool sample to your vet???  Could she have picked something up?  make sure too that she is drinking enough water because pups do get quite dehydrated with such runny stools... so keep an eye on the water intake...

you might want to feed her some cooked hamburger with rice...

Hope she feels better.

xoxo marianna
Hugs & wags -
Marianna, Riley & Duffy

k2campbell

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2006, 09:23:16 pm »
Maybe you should take a stool sample to your vet???  Could she have picked something up?  make sure too that she is drinking enough water because pups do get quite dehydrated with such runny stools... so keep an eye on the water intake...

you might want to feed her some cooked hamburger with rice...

Hope she feels better.

xoxo marianna

Thanks Marianna ;)

If it keeps up, I'll definitely bring a stool sample to the vet.  She has been drinking lots, so that's good.  I keep giving her icecubes too, to ensure she's getting enough.  Thanks for the cooked hamburger & rice suggestion, that's what I was thinking too :)

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2006, 09:23:39 pm »
Maybe try giving her boiled chicken and rice for a day or two and then try easing her back on her food with a couple of heaping tablespoons of pumpkin.  She probably just has an upset belly....

Poor her and poor YOU, for having to clean it up.  YUCK!!!

k2campbell

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2006, 09:53:52 pm »
Maybe try giving her boiled chicken and rice for a day or two and then try easing her back on her food with a couple of heaping tablespoons of pumpkin.  She probably just has an upset belly....

Poor her and poor YOU, for having to clean it up.  YUCK!!!

Thanks newflvr!  That's actually what I gave her, was some boiled chicken and rice. 

I agree (about the having to clean it up part) - YUCK!!! :D

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2006, 10:56:10 pm »
You may want to try a little "slippery elm" and/or pumpkin.  Hope her tummy is better soon.

Lisa
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2006, 11:57:29 pm »
Dolly's been having some diarrhea lately too, so I was wondering, what does the pumpkin do? Does it soothe their tummies? It's been pretty hot here too. Could that maybe be why she's having such mushy stools?
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

Offline Bella's mom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2006, 01:58:46 am »
Bella had diarrhea for a couple of days, and I couldn't figure out why.  I fasted her for four to six hours and then gave her some boiled rice.  I continued this for about 48 hours, feeding her every four or six hours with rice.  Also, I gave her Kaopectate.  It worked wonderful!  I don't know if any of you have tried this, but here's a link with the dosage per pound. I bought the peppermint flavor and she loved it! :)  I have friends who swear by the stuff for times when their babies have an upset tummy.

http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?cls=0&cat=1459&articleid=1431

At 10 months old, Kate has now had two days of us finding runny poop in her area when getting home :P  She has never made a mess in her area since we got her, aside from eating the walls of course! ::)

She is acting completely normal, hasn't been given anything different to eat these past few days, has only eaten her Canidea - no treats other than her cookies she always gets and her raw bones.  I'm not too worried because she is acting as full of energy and pep as usual, wants to play, etc.  Yesterday's cow pattie was a lot bigger than today's, but regardless it happened two days in a row now...

Any suggestions as to what I should feed Kate for supper tonight?  Should I fast her?  Stick to the Canidea?  Slippery Elm or something similar?  Any suggestions would be appreciated ;D

I must say, she is one clean dog.  Both days now she's managed to poop in there and not step in it at all.  She must of had to of gone really bad though, because (as mentioned above) this is the 1st time ever.  Poor girl!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2006, 02:03:34 am by Bella's mom »
Tessie - Belladonna's and Mojo's Mom