Author Topic: Galahad does not like rain....  (Read 3662 times)

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
Galahad does not like rain....
« on: June 02, 2005, 11:10:03 am »
Hi and morning everyone, well not morning anylonger. But I have realized that if I want anything at all done here, it has to be done before I go online, after that its just not going to happen. So this morning I have cleaned X-mans cage (Mattias My son named the poor bird) And it takes a long time to feed and potty all dogs, since I have to keep them separated. Pyppydog we picked up, hasnt really helped, since that added another one having to keep away from Zeus and Galahad (Zeus because he is grouchy and Galahad because he has boosters to get) Anyway its been a real rainy morning here. Galahad woke me up around 6 and said mommy I need to go peepee, so up we went and when I opened the front door Galahad must have thought I was crazy, I didnt for real expect him to go outside in that horrible rain did I???? He totally bolted, I tried to do the silly talk, nope..... I tried to pull, nope...... I tried to actually put a foot in his behind and push him out, nope...... He just looked like I was about to break his neck, his rear end was moving towards the head but he would still not move. I dropped the leash to re-arrange the umbrella, HE WAS GONE, he ran back into the bedroom, and up into the bed, with leash and all. When I came in there He was pressed onto my pillow and looked like he was getting ready to hang on for dear life in the headboard should I try and get him out of there again. HE DOES NOT LIKE RAIN  ;D

It was raining real hard, they said on the weather that it came down about 3/4 of and inch per hour, I thought okay well if you dont have to go thats fine (knowing that he had to, he had woke me up after all) You could tell it was raining, it hit the windows in the bedroom quite hard, so I am sure Galahad figured out that that was what that wet nasty stuff out there sounded like. He didnt move until 10.50 when it didnt rain much anylonger, He almost ran into the kitchen (he still hasnt got the hang of the going to the door thing) we JUST made it out, I think he peed for 10 min  ::)

It is now raining bad again, so I'll have to see how this day is going. I wonder if they have doggy umbrellas??? I used to have boots to one dog with very sensetiv pads, when I lived in SW. in the winter when we walked her on sanded and salted roads it hurt her pads, so she had cute little green boots, now.... I can picture Galahad in boots  ::) but if he doesnt get over his rain fobia, I have to figure something out, or he will get bladder inf.

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

dohertyswissy

Re: Galahad does not like rain....
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2005, 11:16:00 am »
LMAO!  Ranger HATES the rain too!  He will hold it until the last possible minute!  Let me tell you, there is no moving a 80 lb dog who DOES NOT want to move.  When it is storming really bad, he looks out at the rain, looks up at me, and gives me the "No freaking way, Mommy" look! 

He has gotten a lot better though... but, the catch is that I have to get out in the rain with him or he won't go!  Little Booger.... guess he figures that if he's got to get wet, so do I!

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2005, 11:25:03 am »
Smart dog lol...... I have to actually take Galahad out too, I could let him out in the backyard but hehe I know he would go in under the stairs and sit there until I come out to get him.

I hope he gets at least a little better though, I can see A LOT of accidents happening, and dang...... I have fairly newly washed carpets hehe

Marit

Offline Jaimie

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2005, 02:22:04 pm »
Ace absolutely HATES the rain as well.  It is always a struggle to get him outside when it is rainiing and the little bugger knows its raining he won't even come into the kitchen because he has figured out that if he gets close enough to the door I can shove him out, not very easy at all....lol  I don't think he will change.

nickerbokker

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2005, 02:30:34 pm »
well, at least your baby waits marit!  can you imagine if he peed for 10 minutes inside LOL...i would have loved the story at least!

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2005, 06:59:00 am »
Rocco used to hate the rain and still isn't fond of it.  Mind you, this occured when I still a crazy college student. 

My roommate and I got her yellow lab, Earl and Rocco, dragged them kicking a screaming into the rainy outdoors and made fools of ourselves.  We jumped around and got all excited, gave them treats, threw balls for them, petted them, chased them.  Praised them lavishly for going potty, then when we went inside we made a even better game of wiping them off.

Everyone was soaked and pretty muddy but the next time it was time to go out, there were two dogs ready to go.  The down side was everytime it rained they wanted to play like that in it.  ;)
Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2005, 02:30:31 pm »
Okay..... Having a dog who absolutely loooooooves to play in the rain...... I can live without that hehe Rain and hairspray dont go good together  ::)

Marit