Author Topic: BPO New England Hits the Cape  (Read 23229 times)

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: BPO New England Hits the Cape
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2006, 11:15:01 am »
harley isn't a newf and we aren't close to the Cape but just wanted to tell you all to have a fabulous time and of course post lots of pictures!!!

Have fun

Randy & Harley

Offline Mom2Sadie

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2006, 11:27:11 am »
I'm not sure that we're going to make it :(
Sadie's continued yelping and falling has been making me very nervous and I don't know if she can handle all that Newfie fun right now. And we had some pretty yucky water damage from the flood. Nothing compared to some of the neighbors, but still yucky. Nothing quite like raw sewage leaking into your laundry room from the gross Merrimack River to lighten up your life. No power or hot water for a few days. It's just been a rough week.  :-\

We'll see, I guess. I know she'd have a good time especially after being cooped up during this weather, but I'm definitely nervous about her playing too rough until my vet and I can figure out what's going on with those legs.  :-\
Dear Lord,
Just for today, let me be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

Shawna
Sadie the Newf
Gus and Maggie - Maine Coon Kitties
Lady the Boxer waiting at the bridge

Offline Winslow 151

• Paw-meister
  • Winslow at 6 Months
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2006, 11:35:58 am »
Hi,

Sorry to hear of the damage, We did very well only minor water in the basement, do you need anything or some help cleaning up I have a shop Vac that did a great job on the water and mess if you need it let me know!!

One thing on that poor baby of yours is that the beach will be very soft on the legs and body, I can bring the collapsable pen so if sadie needs a time out we can stick her in there. Let me know we'd love to have you both out for some fun!!

Rich
Happy Tails to All
Winslow's Dad

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2006, 11:42:14 am »
Sadie has to come!!!  Rich is right the sand would cushion any hard falls plus she could do some swimming.  We'll miss you if you can't make it!
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

Offline Tspanos

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2006, 12:22:21 pm »
Hey whats this Shawna, you might not be able to come.
My argument is simple, while I understand your predicament "the shit will still be there :o" and the pack doesn't sound as though it will be as large as last time so we should be able to manage them pretty easily.
I hope you come but can understand your reasons.

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2006, 03:08:24 pm »
oooh no!! :(  i completely undrestand if you can't make it! i was definately excited to see how she has grown!  but if you can't, there will always be another get together... i won't tell fumble just yet, it might make him sad.. and he's having a pretty memorable moment right now chewing on his chicken!

PS. we went to the beach today and fumble is still all sandy and wet from his laps in the ocean! it wasn't cold at all!
"My newfoundlands live my life as passionately as i live theirs"
"I slip the hater of what i've become.  they slip the halter of what they've been, and we live together, passionately, changed"
-Both from "in the company of newfies"

WE REPRESENT THE LOLLIPOP GUILD!!!

Offline Tspanos

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2006, 03:31:21 pm »
oooh no!! :(  i completely undrestand if you can't make it! i was definately excited to see how she has grown!  but if you can't, there will always be another get together... i won't tell fumble just yet, it might make him sad.. and he's having a pretty memorable moment right now chewing on his chicken!

PS. we went to the beach today and fumble is still all sandy and wet from his laps in the ocean! it wasn't cold at all!
Am I reading this right does Fumbs have a Suspicious Chicken.

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2006, 03:59:02 pm »
no... just a crazy looking chicken from Target! lol
"My newfoundlands live my life as passionately as i live theirs"
"I slip the hater of what i've become.  they slip the halter of what they've been, and we live together, passionately, changed"
-Both from "in the company of newfies"

WE REPRESENT THE LOLLIPOP GUILD!!!

Offline Mom2Sadie

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2006, 04:04:52 pm »

I'm going to play it by ear. She hasn't grown very much that I can tell. I think I accidentally got a mini-newf. She weighs a ton, but she still looks like a peanut. Which makes me even more nervous that something's wrong with her. Ah well, we'll try to clean up the house tonight and keep Miss Sadie quiet. Actually Rich, that's not a bad idea about the pen, I have one set up outside at the bottom of my stairs in case the critters get out now - maybe I'll bring it along. We'll see. Have fun if I don't see you guys.
Dear Lord,
Just for today, let me be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

Shawna
Sadie the Newf
Gus and Maggie - Maine Coon Kitties
Lady the Boxer waiting at the bridge

Offline Tspanos

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2006, 08:32:10 pm »
Just want to warn the crew don't MapQuest the final section of the trip as it has you turn to early. I checked the Dennis Chamber's website and their directions match Eiren's so we will be following her's. See you guys in 12 hrs.