Author Topic: Pictures-- little baby, big dog  (Read 4083 times)

Offline mixedupdog

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Pictures-- little baby, big dog
« on: May 12, 2006, 08:10:52 am »
Don't know whose dog or baby this is, somebody is sending it around in an e-mail.

EllieAndBlu

Re: Pictures-- little baby, big dog
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2006, 08:12:49 am »
sooooooooooo sweet!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rachel

• BPO Guru
  • Sophie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2006, 08:13:17 am »
Cute pictures.  I don't know how comfortable I would be with my dog laying on top of my baby though... expecially a big paws dog.  One foot just has to slip a little and you have 150 pounds on top of your baby.   But it is a cute dog and a cute baby.  The last pictures is very sweet.
Rachel and Sophie

My new venture...
www.seasidequi lts.etsy.com

My blog for Sophie, crafting, and life in general
www.seasidequi lts.com/blog

Offline Softhug

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2006, 08:18:34 am »
I received that yesterday via email too!  How sweet!  :-*  Isn't it just AWFUL how vicious big paw dogs are?!?!?! ;) ;D
Jacquie-Undercover Princess
Tsu Ling-Chow Chow-RIP 5/08
Boudreaux-American Mastiff
Griffey-Pi55y, fat, yellow cat
Comrade-red/white Siberian Husky
"Lots of people talk to animals," said Pooh.
"Not that many listen though."
"That's the problem."

Offline mixedupdog

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2006, 08:33:51 am »
Actually, on the board where I got the pics people were calling this "child endangerment" because of the 2nd and 3rd pics, they think the dog is "squashing" the baby, and that "those parents are lucky the baby's neck isn't broken"
There were comments like "I'll bet it bites that child before it turns 2".
I think in pic 2 it's more like a play bow, I don't think there's really any weight on the baby. I didn't let my big paws "play" with my baby until he was a little bigger, but by the time he was toddling our Great Dane Stanley was the babysitter, he used to pick my son up by the straps on the back of the boy's overalls, and turn him around to keep him from walking out of the yard.

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2006, 08:41:39 am »
Yeah.... to me the second pic looks like he is working his way to a lying down position... that is how  our wiemaraner lays down.... with a big dramatic bow first  :)

It looks like the parents have a loving, protective babysitter in the house!  I think it is more likely the kid will gnaw on the pup, not the other way around.  :)

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2006, 10:04:44 am »
That is so cute. I love the last one!
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline Bella's mom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2006, 10:49:23 am »
That's so funny!  But that poor baby probably had no idea what in the world was going on!! ;D ;D :D
Tessie - Belladonna's and Mojo's Mom

Offline Stacey

• Grand Master
  • Tonka
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2006, 11:51:33 am »
The last picture is really cute, but honestly (having a new baby myself) I kind of gasped at #2 and #3-not because the dog looks vicious or as though he will attack...just "careful-careful"! 
I know Tonka is 130 lbs and towers over my 4 year old, but he is completely unaware of his own size and thinks that he is 5 inches and 5 lbs.  I have pictures of him with Sam (4 month old) but I posed Tonka and placed Sam with him in the picture.
I don't think there was any intentional endangerment there, but it would definitely have been outside of my comfort zone with my littlest one.
I am kind of a big deal!

Offline dgodden5459

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2006, 07:00:38 pm »
I kinda gasped at pic 2-3 but the rest were great. I'm sure they will be great friends.
Deb

Gretchen the Rottie
Buttons the LLhasa
Macie who knows?

Offline jaspers mom

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2006, 11:26:39 am »
I wonder if they are just computer-generated pictures for a hoax?  It certainly generated enough interest.  Both dog and baby are very cute, BTW

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2006, 06:58:39 pm »
I would like to say this is cute, and I love pics of babies and animals, but the dog does not look all that gentle around the baby.

Even if in the 2nd pic he's not putting any weight on the baby, the baby is facedown on the blanket.  In the last pic, I would like to go "awwwwe", but since I can't see where the baby's legs are, I'm wondering if the dog is pinning him down, placing his leg on the baby's back.  If that is the case, he is putting weight on the child.

No matter how much we love our big paws, I know how clumsy Gunther is, besides the fact he thinks he's much smaller than he actually is.  I could never leave him somewhat unsupervised around an infant, no matter how gentle I know he is.

GR8DAME

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2006, 08:52:30 am »
We kinda maintained a no-contact rule when our kids were that little. Sniffs were fine, kisses heartily approved of, but wrestling was not allowed until the kids were old enough to defend themselves. My only fear were that the kid be inadvertently smushed. But then again, my kids as babies never slept in the bed with us either for that same reason.
I wouldn't call it endangerment, not knowing the dog or if anyone was just out of the picture frame to intervene, and the baby certainly looks happy, but the two pics previously mentioned did make me a bit uneasy.
Stella