Author Topic: Is that mean?  (Read 8824 times)

Gypsy Jazmine

Re: Is that mean?
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2006, 09:53:24 pm »

I have really strong opinions on this, based on everything I've learned about how dogs see pack status.  I just think its unfair to the do who isn't allowed the same privalege.  I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree!!!
 :)
...to the dog*
Dogs don't "see" things as fair & unfair but they do understand the natural order of things in their doggy world...When we allow "lower status" dogs "higher" dog status it throws off the natural order of the heirachy...Thi s only causes confusion & unrest for the dogs....Throug h my research, observation & training this is what I have observed & believe. :)

Blair

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2006, 10:05:51 pm »
Smudge is alpha over the other dogs and so was my other chihuahua...So Im not allowing a lower status dog on the sofa.

Blair

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2006, 10:58:27 pm »
I think we need to just end this on some agree and some disagree. 

I agree on that....sorry I ever brought this up. Im done now!!

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2006, 11:22:53 pm »
I think we need to just end this on some agree and some disagree. 

I agree on that....sorry I ever brought this up. Im done now!!
((((Blair)))))...You know your doggers better than anyone...I, for one, was only trying to help & answer your question & then was replying specifically to the post before my 2nd post...You're a good dogger mommy!...I've always held you in the highest regard that way! :-* Just so you understand my position!...I like ya' you silly goose! :) :-* :)

doggylover

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2006, 11:32:22 pm »
I would like to apologize because I feel like I was offensive, without meaning to be.  I just really like all of you, and sometimes I think I step out of line when I'm really just passionate about something.  Blair I know you are a great dog-mom and I hope we can still have fun banter back and forth with eachother.  I respect you whether that came through or not.
Ronda

Blair

« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2006, 11:37:08 pm »
All I want to do is protect Smudge and this is the only way I can think of. I never mentioned this before because I felt like an awful owner but either Zeus or Grey accidently killed Diesel.The vet think he got hurt earlier in the day and  passed away from the injury later on in the day, and I had no clue he was injuried cause he didnt act like it  :( And Diesel was never allowed on the couch cause I was afraid he would fall off and hurt himself, cause of all his problems and being deformed. So now I am overly protective with Smudge and want to protect him from the big boys unlike I did with Diesel  :'(
« Last Edit: May 15, 2006, 11:38:27 pm by Blair »

doggylover

« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2006, 11:41:04 pm »
((((((((((((((((Blair)))))))))))))))))))))))) I felt sick to my stomache when I just read that.  There are no words for how terribly sorry I am that you went through that.  That is just awful. 
Ronda :'(

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2006, 11:42:49 pm »
All I want to do is protect Smudge and this is the only way I can think of. I never mentioned this before because I felt like an awful owner but either Zeus or Grey accidently killed Diesel.The vet think he got hurt earlier in the day and  passed away from the injury later on in the day, and I had no clue he was injuried cause he didnt act like it  :( And Diesel was never allowed on the couch cause I was afraid he would fall off and hurt himself, cause of all his problems and being deformed. So now I am overly protective with Smudge and want to protect him from the big boys like I didnt with Diesel  :'(
((((((Oh Blair))))))...You poor thing!...What a burden for you to carry! :'( Please know I think you are one of the best doggy mom's I know!...My heart goes out to you my friend...Now I underatand why you were so upset!...Again, you know your dogs best & you care to your soul...It just shows even more why you started this thread because you care deeply about all your K-9 friends...God bless you & yours Blair. :)

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2006, 07:20:03 am »
Oh Blair.... sweetie - you are an awesome doggy mom - you have four beautiful, amazing boys - they are so loved and they all love you so much! Try not to be so hard on yourself! What happened to your beloved Diesel was an accident - it was heart-breaking - but it wasn't your fault! It breaks my heart that you've been carrying that burden since Diesel's passing.

As for allowing Smudge on the couch.... I agree with Tina. You have to do what you feel is best for you, your pups, and your family.

Offline GreatDanz

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Truly Great Danes!
    • View Profile
    • Mickey's Gold Bead Adventure
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2006, 07:27:25 am »
Blair, honey, you cannot possibly blame yourself for what happened.  An accident is an accident.

You're a smart lady, do what you think is right and then work though or make minor adjustments if something doesn't go quite right.

I think sometimes we get carried away because we love our babies SO much, and we want everything to be perfect, for you and everyone else.

HUGS!
E
-Ericka

Try and penetrate with our limited means the secrets of nature and you will find that, behind all the discernible concatenations, there remains something subtle, intangible and inexplicable.  Veneration for this force beyond anything that we can comprehend is my religion. -Albert Einstein

rickysmom1

« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2006, 11:33:32 am »
Blair.....Some people, as you know, are very passionate about the opinions. Just remember you have to do what's right for your household. In my house Tater is allowed on the couch and Willow is not. Not because that is how the "pack" dynamics worked, but due to Tater needing a refuge from Willow and her large butt and she's just too darned big and would take up the whole couch and no one would be able to sit there. Anyway, keep up the great job that you do with your babies.

Debbie