Author Topic: What I have learned today  (Read 26311 times)

Offline Heighway

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Webster at 8 months
    • View Profile
Re: What I have learned today
« Reply #90 on: November 11, 2005, 12:14:50 am »
I learned that online friends are pretty neat to have around.  I married my online friend from New Zealand!
Karen

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 11, 2005, 01:06:28 am »
Oh yeah, Today I learned that "Creationism" is now to be known as "Intelligent Design".  Hoookay!!!  Is that supposed to be Condescending or PC?  Or is it just prettier packaging? 

Hmmmm......... ...haven't heard that one.  Did they ask the creationists what they wanted to change the name to, or did they just come up with that one themselves?  Interesting.

Today I learned that besides not liking to go out in the rain, Gunther no longer likes to go out on even remotely wet grass.   :P  Which stinks b/c we get alot of dew around here.  I'm hoping this is just a phase.

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
  • Cool dog + Cold beer = Chilled Out
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ryanbrumley.com
« Reply #92 on: November 11, 2005, 12:32:12 pm »
Oh yeah, Today I learned that "Creationism" is now to be known as "Intelligent Design".  Hoookay!!!  Is that supposed to be Condescending or PC?  Or is it just prettier packaging? 

Hmmmm......... ...haven't heard that one.  Did they ask the creationists what they wanted to change the name to, or did they just come up with that one themselves?  Interesting.

No idea, I first heard about that term yesterday while reading where Pat Robertson was condemning another American city to God's Wrath for not teaching "Intelligent Design" in their schools.  Good ol' Pat, always quick to condemn and put his foot in his mouth.  Personally, it sounds like a snotty retort to people who prefer the Theory of Evolution.  Go figure...  ???
My Newfoundland Lives My Life As Passionately As I Live His.