Author Topic: What I have learned today  (Read 26357 times)

Anakalia

Re: What I have learned today
« Reply #75 on: November 09, 2005, 02:08:01 pm »
I also learned that organic milk tastes waaaayy better than milk from cows loaded with steroids. Don't belive me? Try it! I guarantee you'll taste the difference.

Non-Organic Milk is very scary stuff.  My Aunt who is a School teacher says she has seen an alarming amount of young girls who are 9, 10 & 11 years old who have D size breasts and are already Menstruating.  Oookay!  Hormones and Steroids in things like milk HAVE to play a part in that.  All I ever drink is Horizon Organic non-fat Milk and that's all my kids will drink too.  It tastes great and won't mess with your body.

OMG!!  If my daughter get's her period at 9 she'll be locked in her room and I'll die of a heart attack! :o  ........  Gonna go look for Organic Milk!

Andi

Anakalia

« Reply #76 on: November 09, 2005, 02:09:49 pm »
I've learned today that even though the past 2 days have been crap, today can be GREAT!!  You never know what the next day will bring!  ;D

And Jenn......dogs don't burp!  They don't fart either! ;D

Andi

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 09, 2005, 02:21:15 pm »
Today and yesteday I have learned that it is good to have friends, even if you haven't ever met them in person...   :D

Dogs also can't look up (Shaun of the Dead).
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #78 on: November 09, 2005, 03:36:44 pm »
And Jenn......dogs don't burp!  They don't fart either! ;D

Someone should try explaining this to Keagan.  He was left out of the no burping, no farting (and no looking up LOL) dog memo.
yeah someone explain that to Lady and Grace too!  I had Grace belch in my face the other day.  I swear hair flapped in my face from her breath.  :)

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 09, 2005, 08:03:57 pm »
also learned that organic milk tastes waaaayy better than milk from cows loaded with steroids. Don't belive me? Try it! I guarantee you'll taste the difference.

Non-Organic Milk is very scary stuff.  My Aunt who is a School teacher says she has seen an alarming amount of young girls who are 9, 10 & 11 years old who have D size breasts and are already Menstruating.  Oookay!  Hormones and Steroids in things like milk HAVE to play a part in that.  All I ever drink is Horizon Organic non-fat Milk and that's all my kids will drink too.  It tastes great and won't mess with your body.

Actually, girls are going thru puberty younger these days b/c America is heavier than it used to be.  Menstruation cannot start until there is a specific body fat ratio in the body.  Once they reach that percentage, their body can technically carry a pregnancy.  So, I believe girls are going thru puberty younger nowdays b/c they are chubbier.  I was one of these.  I hit puberty at 10/11 yrs old.  I was a chubby kid, surrounded by skinnies.  I only found out after taking a reproducion class in college as to why and how this happens. 

Too much information?  Too late, I've already typed it out.

I've learned today that Gunther does not behave for anyone else but me.  Both dogs are staying at a friends house while we were out of town yesterday, and Gunther jumped the baby gate and was barking up a storm, both of which he is not allowed to do here.  They will probably not watch them again for me.   :P

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 09, 2005, 08:24:42 pm »
Today I learned that when you're feeling useless in your pointless, job business cards make everything better!
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

Offline doglover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 10, 2005, 01:52:34 pm »
also learned that organic milk tastes waaaayy better than milk from cows loaded with steroids. Don't belive me? Try it! I guarantee you'll taste the difference.

Actually, girls are going thru puberty younger these days b/c America is heavier than it used to be.  Menstruation cannot start until there is a specific body fat ratio in the body.  Once they reach that percentage, their body can technically carry a pregnancy.  So, I believe girls are going thru puberty younger nowdays b/c they are chubbier.  I was one of these.  I hit puberty at 10/11 yrs old.  I was a chubby kid, surrounded by skinnies.  I only found out after taking a reproducion class in college as to why and how this happens. 

Too much information?  Too late, I've already typed it out.

I've learned today that Gunther does not behave for anyone else but me.  Both dogs are staying at a friends house while we were out of town yesterday, and Gunther jumped the baby gate and was barking up a storm, both of which he is not allowed to do here.  They will probably not watch them again for me.   :P

This is not always true, I was a skinny kid who started at 10 which was the norm at the time.

Offline dober_gurl

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 10, 2005, 01:55:36 pm »
Today I learned that shoving a pill down a small dog's throat is harder than shoving one down a big dog's throat.
"None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed"

Maggie-Doberman
Molly-Papillon
Mickey-Mutt
Collin-Kitty
Sunny-Amazon Parrot
Squishy-Guinea Pig
Harper/Lyric-Rats

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 10, 2005, 02:08:01 pm »
Today I learned that shoving a pill down a small dog's throat is harder than shoving one down a big dog's throat.

Try squishing it into a chunk of cheese. That trick works wonders for me!

Speaking of cheese, today I learned that zoey has learned the word cheese. Today I said to Dan "wanna have grilled cheese for lunch?" and the second I said the word 'cheese' zoey ran into the kitchen, tail wagging, hoping to get a peice. She is so silly :D
RIP former BPO

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #84 on: November 10, 2005, 05:10:59 pm »

Try squishing it into a chunk of cheese. That trick works wonders for me!

Speaking of cheese, today I learned that zoey has learned the word cheese. Today I said to Dan "wanna have grilled cheese for lunch?" and the second I said the word 'cheese' zoey ran into the kitchen, tail wagging, hoping to get a peice. She is so silly :D
They learn the words they like fast, don't they.  Lady and Grace love their cheese too.  All kinds except peppercorn and jalepeno cheese.

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
  • Cool dog + Cold beer = Chilled Out
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ryanbrumley.com
« Reply #85 on: November 10, 2005, 05:27:28 pm »

This is not always true, I was a skinny kid who started at 10 which was the norm at the time.

Hmmmm,  the controversy continues.  Fat may play a part in it all but I think hormones play a much bigger part.  "Non-Fat" Organic milk will help with both issues.  Mmmm, mmm!  Serve it in a frozen glass with a side of home made cookies and you're doing just fine!  ;)

Oh yeah, Today I learned that "Creationism" is now to be known as "Intelligent Design".  Hoookay!!!  Is that supposed to be Condescending or PC?  Or is it just prettier packaging?  :-X
« Last Edit: November 10, 2005, 05:44:54 pm by Newf Lover »
My Newfoundland Lives My Life As Passionately As I Live His.

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 10, 2005, 08:06:23 pm »
I learned today, if you are going to plant tons of daffodils around Newfs, you are going to get dirty!  It seemed like a great idea to get masses of daffodils for our cabin but now I gotta do it!  Every hole I dug, Chester was in, nosing around and since I was sitting on the ground, Cowboy thought it was a great time to give mom her lovin'.  I got pushed right over about 5 times!  I had my hair in a pony tail to keep it out of the way, and Chester was obsessed with trying to get that evil thing off my head.  They took turns sitting in the bowl of shovel and snapping the handle up...only got me once though.  I'm off to the shower...and I have more bulbs to plant tomorrow!!!

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 10, 2005, 11:19:41 pm »
Today I learned that dogs like Candy Corn.  ALOT.  Which is good because no one else will eat it.
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

Blair

« Reply #88 on: November 11, 2005, 12:11:09 am »
Today I learned a have a lot more online friends then I do where i live LOL

henrysmomma

« Reply #89 on: November 11, 2005, 12:12:18 am »
I learned today that life does actually get better...most of the time :o

Rose