Author Topic: Ang needs positive thoughts  (Read 17281 times)

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Ang needs positive thoughts
« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2005, 06:50:19 am »
Cindy.  The Doctor said that the wire cutter thing is BS.  That in 35 years he's never had to have anyone cut their wires.  He was kind of an @ss.  I said I'd rather go to Boston and have the plate done and he was like "Ummmm no."  I'm gonna find some just in case. 

Deena, I was told that since the CT scan is nothing but a big magnet it'll rip my teeth out.  I'm trying to figure out how to mash up the pills and swallow them.  They said use Baby motrin or something.  No prescriptions from them. 
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

Blair

« Reply #46 on: September 29, 2005, 06:51:27 am »
Ang I am so sorry  :( Mr. Grey and Zeus sends you lots of leans and slobbers. Hope you get to feeling better soon!

Offline Tulsas' Dad

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2005, 07:16:45 am »
Vicodin and Southern Comfort!
Hey!
Life is GOOD!
The scientific name for an animal that doesn't either run from or fight its enemies, is Lunch.--Michael Friedman

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2005, 08:47:26 am »
I am so sorry.  Sending you lots of get well wishes.
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline Rocky's 'Rents

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2005, 10:14:35 am »
Ang - the MRI is a magnet, the CT isn't. you can have a CT. Talk to your pcp and make sure he knows you blacked out several times.  Maybe the wirecutters are an Urban Myth!!

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 29, 2005, 10:22:11 am »
I'm poor, I don't have a PCP :(

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #51 on: September 29, 2005, 12:38:36 pm »
Cindy.  The Doctor said that the wire cutter thing is BS.  That in 35 years he's never had to have anyone cut their wires.  He was kind of an @ss.  I said I'd rather go to Boston and have the plate done and he was like "Ummmm no."  I'm gonna find some just in case. 

Deena, I was told that since the CT scan is nothing but a big magnet it'll rip my teeth out.  I'm trying to figure out how to mash up the pills and swallow them.  They said use Baby motrin or something.  No prescriptions from them. 
My brother has had his jaw wired shut 2 times in like 15 yrs...The 1st time we had to cut the wires out of his jaw..but just because we were young & stupid & I'd made homemade speghetti & he was really hungry for solid food! :-\ :D

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 29, 2005, 03:23:56 pm »
Oh Ang - I just read this and I am so sorry.  How awfull!!!!  Nurse Timmie will add her 2 cents...The wire cutters are not an urban myth.  (docs tend to be a little non-challant about such things.  But I have seen a bad aspiration from vomiting with jaws wired shut on some young girl who was doing it for weight loss...she ended up on a vent in the unit) I would keep them handy.  Especially if you had blacked out a few times and also taking the pain meds.  They can sometimes cause nausea.  Vomiting with jaws wired shut is really not a good thing - could cause aspiration which is very serious... I am also concerned that no CT scan was done.  Especially with you losing consciousness. ...  That is a total must!!! Cindy is right about the ribs....make sure you are taking a few nice size breaths every hour while you are awake.

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2005, 10:35:25 pm »
Since this is a workamn's Comp claim, how do I go about asking for a CT scan?  Do I call the hospital up?  What do I say?  Pretty much the only people who don't think that I need(ed) a CT scan were the people at the hospital, so I'm pretty concerned now  :-\  Thanks to all of you for your well wishes.  My work sent me flowers which was very nice of them.  I need to go in later to drop off my time sheet, and I'll thank them then.

The stitches come out on Monday and the wires come off on the 11th, so that's not too bad at all! :)  My biggest problem right now is when I wake up (Been taking lots of naps) I forget about the wiresand try to yawn.  THAT hurts!  Sanity doesn't understand why he can't hug mommy or wash her face right now and he's so sad, it kills me.  I just want to say "Screw cleanliness!" and let him give me all the puppy kisses he wants.  Yeah yeah I know, then my chin gets infected and falls off.  Maybe I'll start a new trend! :)

Offline Rocky's 'Rents

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 30, 2005, 05:05:14 am »
Ang - who were you supposed to follow up with? Call that Dr. explain that you are very concerned that a CT wasn't done especially because you blacked out several times and you don't even know if you hit your head again when you blacked out. Tell them about the "dizziness" you are still having. Check my PM I sent yu before you reply.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2005, 05:06:59 am by Rocky's 'Rents »

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 30, 2005, 05:09:06 am »
They didn't give me anyone to follow up with.  At the ER I didn't even get to see a real doctor, I just saw a doctor's assistant.  She didn't diagnose the broken jaw, one of the X ray techs had to point it out to her.  Apparently right when I came in a really bad car accident happened and all the real doctors were busy with that.  Should I contact the Surgeon who wired my jaw?

Offline Rocky's 'Rents

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 30, 2005, 05:12:58 am »
Yes, I definately would.  Also, who is the workman's comp Dr. for where you work? Do you have an employee health office?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2005, 05:14:05 am by Rocky's 'Rents »

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 30, 2005, 05:21:02 am »
This is pretty much how the workman's comp thing has gone.  The photographer called the office when I was waiting for my friend to take me to the hospital.  They said that they'd take care of everything.  Photographer gives me a card with all the business info on it, and the owner's name.  I give this to hospital.  When I leave hospital gives me a pink piece of paper that says "Workers Compensation Claim" on the top.  I give this to the guy at CVS he gives me my happy pills and gives me the paper back.  Next day I go to Maxillofacial surgeon and they call the office.  Office says that they're paying.  That's it.  It's a small office I doubt that they have an employee health office or a Workman's Comp Dr.  I'm the first accident that they've had since they opened 13 years ago.  Lucky me and lucky # 13.

Blair

« Reply #58 on: September 30, 2005, 05:26:11 am »
What luck you have Ang  :-\ How are you feeling Ang?

On a totally side note here Ben has started looking for jobs up there and wants to be out of this area by next year, he REALLY hates it here. So maybe just maybe Ill be up there sooner then i thought  ;D Doesnt that make you happy LOL

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 30, 2005, 05:31:47 am »
What luck you have Ang  :-\ How are you feeling Ang?

On a totally side note here Ben has started looking for jobs up there and wants to be out of this area by next year, he REALLY hates it here. So maybe just maybe Ill be up there sooner then i thought  ;D Doesnt that make you happy LOL

Woo Hoo!  On you moving up here anyways.  I is feeling very crappy, but I get to go pick up the GSD puppy tonight so that should make me feel better! :)