Author Topic: Introducing Completely Off Topic Posts  (Read 16886 times)

Offline NatsaintB

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Re: Introducing Completely Off Topic Posts
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2005, 10:36:02 pm »
That won't work bc your butt would get cold sitting on the throne all the time.  And you would need someone to shop for you don't forget.  I have a desk top and a laptop for when I get tired of sitting up I can go lay down.  I think I might have gained a pound or two with all the sitting I've been doing lately!  But I'm having so much fun and I'm learning a thing or two.  What time is your appt tomorrow? 

nickerbokker

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2005, 10:45:30 pm »
no see....dominos would have a key and bring me pizza all the time, when done, i stick it in my mini, and heat it again when hungry.  my butt will stay warm, because i request for you to make me buttflap pajamas, orange and pink....and all i have done for the last year is gain weight so no worries!  we love you anyway! 

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2005, 10:54:27 pm »
no see....dominos would have a key and bring me pizza all the time, when done, i stick it in my mini, and heat it again when hungry.  my butt will stay warm, because i request for you to make me buttflap pajamas, orange and pink....and all i have done for the last year is gain weight so no worries!  we love you anyway!  

My sister has butt-flap long johns.  She's very proud of them.  Found them at an estate sale.  I think they go with her rainbow striped, knitted toe glove sock things.
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2005, 10:58:12 pm »
The off topic category is a great idea, these last few days things really loosened up around here lol..... But that is one of the things that makes this board so different, that it is more than just strict dog talk, we actually feel that we know eachother. But a great idea to keep it from the other categories. I dont  know if it is even possible (or needed or wanted) but since sometimes the "off topic" threads get a tad bit R rated  ::) maybe they shouldnt make their way into the main board, do I make any sense here??? So say you come from outside or even members, that do not feel comfortable with posting or reading the off topic stuff. And they just click their way down on the maine page and come into the off topic threads, granted it shows where in fast first posted but still. So I thought that maybe if the off topic category was something you would actually have to click on, the posts stay under that category and dont go onto the regular list when someone has posted. That way you would have to kinda go into a separat room to read and post, that way it would be totally kept from the more dog related threads. Hmmmmm I think I make it sound like some kind of peep show  ;D Well you guys know what I mean, the admin. may not at all feel it is a need to do that, but if so, that would be a way to keep it totally separated.

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline pndlake

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2005, 12:03:05 am »
Hi, this reminds me of a time when I was a single parent and joined a group of single parents with the goal that we would work on helping each other (male and female) raising our kids.  Then we found the subjects started swaying away from just the kids but into our own personal problems.  But that was OK too and I feel that if there is someone that can't handle a little R rated dialog, then they can go elsewhere or if we flag a few discussions, it will make them more desirable.  So I vote "keep the fires burning".
Peggy

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2005, 12:13:42 am »
Ohhhh dont take me wrong I dont want to take them away, Gosh girl I have had a blast reading them and have had a few R rated things to say myself  ::) But maybe there are some people who would be offended, or maybe very young people looking for info about dogs, and dont really pay attention to where the thread is coming from (off topic) so they run into R stuff. And for the ones who dont mind, just a click away, and we will be on the off topic board. Or as you suggested "flag" it, so people would know that there may be R rated language. I love everything about BPO, and what makes it such a great community I think is the fact that we know more about eachother than just what dog breeds we have. But I was thinking and even though I think it is hillarious to read, what if a, say 10 year old gets on here and wants to know about big dogs and run into some of the things that is not meant for very young kids. I am very liberated with mine and talk very openly with them, but I know a lot of people who are not. Well this was just a thought, but dont think I dont enjoy all the very up close and personal threads and posts  ;D I am a total addict and I blame it all on you all  ;)

Marit

nickerbokker

« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2005, 12:13:55 am »
The off topic category is a great idea, these last few days things really loosened up around here lol..... But that is one of the things that makes this board so different, that it is more than just strict dog talk, we actually feel that we know eachother. But a great idea to keep it from the other categories. I dont  know if it is even possible (or needed or wanted) but since sometimes the "off topic" threads get a tad bit R rated  ::) maybe they shouldnt make their way into the main board, do I make any sense here??? So say you come from outside or even members, that do not feel comfortable with posting or reading the off topic stuff. And they just click their way down on the maine page and come into the off topic threads, granted it shows where in fast first posted but still. So I thought that maybe if the off topic category was something you would actually have to click on, the posts stay under that category and dont go onto the regular list when someone has posted. That way you would have to kinda go into a separat room to read and post, that way it would be totally kept from the more dog related threads. Hmmmmm I think I make it sound like some kind of peep show  ;D Well you guys know what I mean, the admin. may not at all feel it is a need to do that, but if so, that would be a way to keep it totally separated.

Marit

Hi, this reminds me of a time when I was a single parent and joined a group of single parents with the goal that we would work on helping each other (male and female) raising our kids.  Then we found the subjects started swaying away from just the kids but into our own personal problems.  But that was OK too and I feel that if there is someone that can't handle a little R rated dialog, then they can go elsewhere or if we flag a few discussions, it will make them more desirable.  So I vote "keep the fires burning".

LMAO, i created MONSTERS.

im sorry BPO ADMIN and OWNERS lol.  but you gotta love us anyway!  we love you!

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2005, 12:49:13 am »
Nicker, you know I love you all and have the best of times on here  ;D I was just thinking about the poor kids who come across this board and end up needing therapy and wont ever get married and when older go out and quit their jobs just to surf onlie while drinking  ::) hehehehe

Marit

Offline mamadog

• Big Paw Certified
  • This is me and my Finn
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2005, 05:37:46 am »
Well you girls will know where to find me! My whole life belongs in the "off topic" thread!!!!  LOL

Vicki

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2005, 06:16:52 am »
Yes, this is a great idea!...Maybe BP's owners should charge a cover charge for viewing the threads here though...lol!

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2005, 06:49:58 am »
We'll have to go through a special border check to get there, where we click to certify that we acknowledge we are entering an area that contains adult content and that we are over 18 years of age.  LOL   :o
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

nickerbokker

« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2005, 11:18:56 am »
We'll have to go through a special border check to get there, where we click to certify that we acknowledge we are entering an area that contains adult content and that we are over 18 years of age.  LOL   :o

YES, i graduated to the adult content age like 4 seconds ago......SO I CAN STILL COME AND PLAY!

and marit.....do you see why i cant breed!  if i DO, they will all be crazy job quitting drunks just like me!  but at least you all still love me for it  :D

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2005, 02:27:13 pm »
Girl..... I am feeding my kids kibbles  ::)

Marit

Offline Jaimie

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2005, 03:54:35 pm »
This is a great idea, I can only imagine the topics that are going to be discussed in here....lol ;D

nickerbokker

« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2005, 06:26:43 pm »
well i have on white underware with pink flowers on them.  HOW'S THAT!