Dobermans > Doberman Discussions

Doberman, small help

<< < (3/4) > >>

patrick:
I tried diatomaceous earth for worming and it absolutely did not work.  I went back to the standard practice of worming every few weeks until the pup goes on heartguard.  I also worm pups at 3 weeks old, 4 weeks, 6 weeks and 8 weeks.  I can bet your pup was never wormed until you got her

Warlock7:
http://wolfcreekranch1.tripod.com/diatomaceous_earth.html

This is what I am going by. Looks like it won't hurt. It's definitely an interesting read. I won't give up the vet meds but after the puppy tests clear I plan to keep up the regimen.

patrick:
It does work great for fleas and ant infestation for sure.  It just didn't work for me for worms either as a wormer or preventative.  But some people swear by it- so worth a shot.  I do disagree with this website's claim that worming with standard meds increases the chance of parvo though.

Warlock7:
True, can't get away from proper and time tested vet meds. Gave her the last of the worm med today. Due to be checked this Friday. Hope she's clear. Plus hope our two Miniature Schnauzers aren't troubled with them. We'll take samples for all three. She's doubled her weight since we got her. At 7 1/2 weeks old she's a solid 8.2 lbs. She'll soon surpass the other two at 14 and 17 lbs and they'll wonder where their little sister went. We're taking lots of pics and vids to remember this special time, not that they all aren't.

patrick:
Great news!  She is a lucky little girl that you got her and put her on the path to good health!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version