Author Topic: Not Everyone's a Newbie Who Looks It!!  (Read 11271 times)

lins_saving_grace

Re: Not Everyone's a Newbie Who Looks It!!
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2005, 02:38:49 pm »
Yes he did have one.  that looked more like an S&M bra though. 

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2005, 02:39:56 pm »
Yes he did have one.  that looked more like an S&M bra though. 

Not even gonna ask how you know that...   ;D
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2005, 02:41:14 pm »
Marit

I am french, and your gammer is fine, trust me, my grammer is not the best, nor is my spelling!!
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2005, 02:41:49 pm »
I've seen them on TV!  Law and Order and CSI and a couple of other shows like that have those weird topics once in a while.

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2005, 02:47:26 pm »
Marit

I am french, and your gammer is fine, trust me, my grammer is not the best, nor is my spelling!!

ouch...... hehe you are french. well if I ever do some more french posting on here, you might see just HOW bad my grammer is, and spelling hey..... I am still working on getting the english one right hehe

AND Grupmy....... I was going to ask the same, how in the world does our little Lins...... know what a
S&M bra looks like, do you think she has a hidden part of her life we dont know about hehe

Ohhhhh I can see now that she is working hard on the "coverups" lol....... ::) ;D

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2005, 02:47:49 pm »
I've seen them on TV!  Law and Order and CSI and a couple of other shows like that have those weird topics once in a while.

Mmm hmm.  Right.   ;D

(attempts to get us all back on track, here)

ANYWAY, Janisjin, feel free to rant to us all you want, cause we have all been there before.  And I agree, it is SO frustrating!
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2005, 02:49:16 pm »
 ;D

That's what they must look like.  I mean if you had one.  or knew where to get them ... or could fit into one...that's gotta be what they'd look like.   ::)

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2005, 03:00:28 pm »
;D

That's what they must look like.  I mean if you had one.  or knew where to get them ... or could fit into one...that's gotta be what they'd look like.   ::)

TRANSLATION TO LINS POST:

I know what they look like, I have one, I could give you advice on where to get them, I do have problems to find a size that fits my full chest though. They DO look like that

hehehehe, good try Lins

MARIT

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2005, 03:13:19 pm »
LMAO  ;D ;D ;D
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2005, 03:43:00 pm »
Janis,

I'm 22, and I look like I'm 12 when I have no make up on (Which is most of the time).  I've even had cops pull me over and ask if I was old enough to drive.  So I get a LOT of little girl comments, especially when I'm out with my Great Dane.  Oh yeah and I'm only 5 feet tall.  I'm always told "Well sweety, maybe you should get a dog more your size" or "He's gonna eat you up and gallop away with you inside of him!" or "What're you going to do if he wants to go one way and you want to go the other?" or the ever popular "Who's walking who?"

I'm a bookworm.  When I was younger I had no friends, and books and research became my friends.  I've researched the Great Dane since I was 16 (Which, incidentally is when I got accepted into University of New Hampshire with a full ride schoalrship, which I turned down).  I learned all there was to learn about Danes, and when I finally got mine at 21, I was totally prepared for him.  But you can't tell that to anyone.  People are blind to reality and instead choose to live in the world they creat in their own heads.  I have to laugh when rather large men are concerned about my (Well trained) dog running away with me, while their Jack Russell is pulling them down the aisles. 

For the most part I play the dumb blonde, and say "Oh REALLY!?!?!  Thank you so much I never would have known!" unless they get nasty about it, in which case I let loose with how ignorant they are and quote several sources that they can go to if they wanted.  (By the way, did you know that the Egyptians used Great Danes to eat the Jewish babies in Egypt during Moses's time? :o  Says one know it all lady, courtesy of my local Petsmart.  The Great Dane as we know it wasn't established till the 16th century.)

Ang
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

Offline Janisjin

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
    • Photos of Toku & Logan
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2005, 09:42:35 pm »
You guys are toooooo funny!!  ;D :D ;D
Love the phrases to say to people! I should definitely try that! Or whenever someone says that I akitas are mean, I should say, you're right! he just ate the last stranger that said that to me!

Thanks for understanding too! I used to think it was just b/c I looked young (you know what I'm talking about angus!) but I guess the world is full of idiots trying to prove their idiocy. Sheesh. Maybe I will start making up funny things to say just to completely throw them off...like, this isn't a dog, it's a tiny furry dairy cow...
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion"
-- Unknown

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2005, 11:01:57 pm »
Janis...... That is a good one, the dairy cow one hehehe.

We took Galahad to the 4th of July parade here, and a woman come up to me with a biiiig grin on her face and said "ohhhhhhh I have never seen a st. bernard-boxer mix before" I smiled and said "and you still havnt" my poor galahad was very humiliated lol...... and I felt like I wanted to push her into the big trash can right next to her hehe.

I have to admit though, to both you and ang. I wouldnt mind being asked for my age, when people think I am too young for things. DANG I AM NOT TOO YOUNG FOR ANYTHING ANYMORE  :-\

Marit

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2005, 07:24:17 am »
I am so not getting out of this one, AM I? 

Offline Saintgirl

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2005, 07:42:25 am »
The absolute worst thing that anyone has ever said to me was last spring when I had Hutch out for a walk. A big rough-n-tough man was admiring Hutch and then had the nerve to tell me that is an awful lot of dog for a woman to be out walking!!! :o. I couldn't believe how chauvanistic the guy was. Hutch has great walking manners with me. I was floored and quickly continued on my way. Of course as soon as we were ten feet away LOTS of great comebacks started to come to mind, but it was too late.

Too bad I wasn't as quick witted as some of you here are. I can't remember who had the line- Is your dog good with children? Response- Why? Are you missing one? When I told Derek that one he nearly died laughing.
Leah, Hutch, and Abbey

BabsT

« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2005, 07:43:25 am »
In one way, you are lucky people are cautious around your breed...becaus e they can be protective and dog aggressive  but telling you how to raise him is UGH...In my breed everyone see's a big  fluffy dog and want to hug him because they feel he is a giant teddy bear hampster.  He will tolerate but he is not a mush to people he doesnt know and rather aloof and very defensive.  I wish people respected my dog a little more but he is rare and no one has heard of him so I understand

I love getting the people making sure I use advantix and heartguard and he needs certain shots etc...I am like 'you dont say' is that how to keep a healthy pet

I get the whole I suck because my dog has cropped ears...I turn around and say, as I look at her newborn baby...WOW, did you pierce your newborn's baby's ear?  Why would you do that or did you circumsize your child...I get so blunt they rather not anwer LOL

Your dog is beautiful and I feel you pain but atleast people respect the fact that he is an akita and they do need to be respected

Here is my teddy bear hampster LOL....I too am small 5'3 and look 18 LOL