Author Topic: Truth is stranger than fiction  (Read 5599 times)

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
Re: Truth is stranger than fiction
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2006, 11:53:10 am »
Shannon I am so glad you got Maltese back.  Welcome to BPO, we hope to see lots of photos of Maltese.

You know this story shows what just a few e-mails can do.  I think from now on everytime they e-mail me a photo of one in the dogs in the shelter I will not only e-mail it to cricket I will post it here and e-mail it to everyone in my address book. If we all e-mail everyone in our address book we may be able to find owners (old or new) for these fur-babies. We have some great members here in South Alabama and show be able to cover the area with our contacts. We were on the phone when I e-mailed cricket. I was so happy that as soon as cricket saw the photo she said I think I know that dog and/or the breeder. We are now 5 for 5 in this area for finding the family for these big paws. 

Lisa
« Last Edit: May 18, 2006, 11:54:11 am by DixieSugarBear »
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2006, 02:24:09 pm »
Man that is so weird. Around here they will not let any dog leave the shelter without keeping him 7 days to give the owner time to come and find him. ???
Sounds pretty fishy to me...

So glad you got your pooch back Shannon!!! Whew!!!!

cricket36580

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2006, 03:01:02 pm »
First, let me say a big, fat welcome ot Shannon!  I'm so glad everything worked out for you both.  Your boy is beautiful and I would hate to see Tonka's lines die out. 

Second...He was there for a little over a week.  He was "vaccinated" for bordetella yesterday and was already coughing.  Fortunately it wasn't kennel cough but that really chaps me.  I put that in quotes because it should have been done on intake, not a week later.  Oh well.  All's well that ends well. 

Needless to say, I had a VERY good day today!

Offline Maltese

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2006, 12:57:38 pm »
First, I am a guy.  No harm, no foul!  I was very lucky to get Maltese back.  Would not of happened if it wasn't for people who really care.  Thanks again everyone.  I am going to go see him today at the vet.  He will be there for a week or two to make sure he is ok and so Susan can make room for him.  Thanks again everyone.  I will be posting pics.  Going to get up to date photos.

Shannon

Offline Maltese

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2006, 04:02:53 pm »
Got to the vet to see Maltese a bit ago.  I got the most messed up news from the vet office too.  The new chip came out.  They checked it today to make sure it was still ok.  The vet is calling AVID about the issue of the disapearing chips.  Let you know what happens when I found out more.

Shannon