Author Topic: The Bone Bearier  (Read 7142 times)

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
The Bone Bearier
« on: May 18, 2006, 09:28:21 pm »
Tonight I decided to give Bear a new treat that is abut to hit markets. It is similar to Greenies but is thoroughly digestible. Anyways, they are white bone shaped teeth cleaners. Bear, of course, decided that he didn't want to eat them and instead should save them in case he gets starved sometime in the near future.  :D Below are some pics of Bear and his burial sites- the couches.  ;D
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Icerotti

Re: The Bone Bearier
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2006, 09:31:57 pm »
lol Bear you are a funny boy :o
That is really cute!

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2006, 09:32:35 pm »
He is SOOO clever.  I heard that a famine is predicted in the next 100 years or so and Bear WILL SURVIVE!!!

Good for him!!!  He is SOO adorable!!!  Give him drools and smooches from his SOCal buds!!! ;D ;D ;D

Offline amylynn

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2006, 10:35:03 pm »
Bear is just too hilarious! What a smart boy! :)
Blessings! :)
Amy Lynn

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2006, 06:35:51 am »
He's absolutely adorable!  What a face!  He looks completely innocent.  I'd like to know what it is like to have a dog that hoards.  All mine eat everything in sight, right now if not sooner.
Daphne

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2006, 06:39:15 am »
Bear is so cute!!! Haha my grandmother's fat beagle hoards....let's just say Kali LOVES going to Grandma's and finding treats everywhere!
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2006, 06:42:27 am »
HAHAHAHA!!! Oh Bear.  Number one, boyfriend...yo u're not ever going to get starved.  Two...don't forget where you put those...someon e might get a little surprise when they sit to watch TV or something.  :)  You silly boy!!!

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2006, 06:54:19 am »
Oh Bear - you are the cutest EVER!
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Offline jabear

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2006, 08:24:20 am »
I'd like to know what it is like to have a dog that hoards.  All mine eat everything in sight, right now if not sooner.

It makes me laugh to have him hide his food. Never once has this dog even remotely come close to going without anything that he desired. He is a goofball and if I had time to get the camera ready I would have taped him in action. He kept looking at me to make sure that I wasn't going to remove the bones from where he put them. ALso, it is really cute to watch him when he goes back to check on his hidden treasures.  ;D
Hugs,
Jaime

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2006, 08:56:18 am »
I'd like to know what it is like to have a dog that hoards.  All mine eat everything in sight, right now if not sooner.

It makes me laugh to have him hide his food. Never once has this dog even remotely come close to going without anything that he desired. He is a goofball and if I had time to get the camera ready I would have taped him in action. He kept looking at me to make sure that I wasn't going to remove the bones from where he put them. ALso, it is really cute to watch him when he goes back to check on his hidden treasures.  ;D
A boy can never be too careful.  You never know, they may stop making dog food one day because of the economy or something.  Bear knows what's going on ... he watches the news.
Missy would hide food too.  Only problem is she forgot she put it in the couch.  I was moving one day and thought that the couch would be perfect on the porch in the new house.  I lifted the pillows and they wouldn't budge.  They were stuck to the couch from all the dog food she had licked on and buried. 

k2campbell

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2006, 09:00:56 am »
Ha ha - what a funny guy!  That is really cute :D ;)

Offline zanie

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2006, 10:08:54 am »
 :D  That is so sweet!  When I offer Delly a nice juicy knuckle bone, he won't even acknowledge that it's anywhere near him until I turn my back.  Could that be related to the whole food deprivation that his litter suffered from?

Bear is so darn cute, too!

"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive." - Gilda Radner

Seattle, WA

Offline bigpawsadmin

• Michael~
  • Administrator
  • Veteran Dog Chomper
  • This is Bear
    • View Profile
    • Website - www.michaelandjaime.com
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2006, 10:12:03 am »
Aww my Bear cub.. I'll get to see him tonight!

Just for everyone's info, we (Jakks Pacific) just launched http://www.white-bites.com today (minimal info at the moment) and they are on store shelves (here and there) as of yesterday. They might be hard to find right now as it's just being released but if anyone wants to try one (or two, one to chew, one to bury) email me at mcampbell@jakks.net and I'll send you a sample.
Just trying to keep the bugs off the board!

Offline jabear

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2006, 11:07:17 am »
Thanks Tina. We miss you and Jack too!
Hugs,
Jaime

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile