Author Topic: Nicker and Gypsy......  (Read 9643 times)

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
Nicker and Gypsy......
« on: June 03, 2005, 11:38:36 am »
I was just thinking about you two, and wondered how things are.

with you nicker...... Did you have that x-ray yesterday??? Do you know anything more, or will you have to wait longer before you know how good or bad things are. Please let us know.

Gypsy...... I have not heard anything about how your brother is doing in a while, I hope he is doing well, is he home from hospital yet, or will he have to go to some kind of rehab. place first?

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

GYPSY JAZMINE

Re: Nicker and Gypsy......
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2005, 12:17:46 pm »
Hi Marit!...Ty for thinking of me!...Yup, my brother's out of the hospital all right...He's here. :-\  Mt mom, sister, other brother & I are going to take turns caring for him...He needs help with almsot everything.... I anticipate it will be at least all summer before he can do anything to move on with his life like get a job & take care of himself...Not how I wanted to spend any of my summer but I really feel this is his last chance...I feel comfortable enough to say now here that he has a bad drug problem & mental health issues...It's all been going on for at least 15 years & we are all worn thin...I did the tough love thing for a long while but now it's make or break time...This is his last chance not only with me but I truly believe with his own life...I will have him until probably Sunday so i won't be on alot...Take care now & please know that I think you ar an extraordinary person!...TY!  :-*

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2005, 12:37:24 pm »
Gypsy,
You and your brother are in our prayers as well. It's awesome how you are helping out your family in need. Having had experience with addictions and helping them to clean up, I know how tough and emotionally draining it can be. Good luck and let us know if you need anything.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline NatsaintB

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2005, 01:41:17 pm »
Don't be a stranger Gypsy, I need your funnies too!  I know you have a lot on your plate and I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.  Just don't forget to take time out for yourself too.  I know you are a "Road Widow" and have to do so much on your own, so don't forget about your own needs okay?   ;D

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2005, 02:20:55 pm »
Ty all!..It is no wonder that I love this place...I know I am among friends!...After Sunday I will have 2 weeks without Craig here as my mom is taking him to dr. appointments Mon. & tues. do he will be with her & then Randy will be on vacation for like 10 days hopefully & I made sure it was known that NOBODY would be here but us then unless invited...I have been at my wits end here for a good month & a half...Then we know it's time for hubby to take time off...The rest of the summer I am sure I'll have him more often than not...Because I "don't work" >:( my extended family seems to think I am not busy...God I hate that!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2005, 02:24:50 pm »
I am really very sorry to hear, I am fortunate in that department, I have never had to deal with drug related problems. But I have had quite a share of sick people. Last was Chris's grandmother who had COPD, she lived in FL. Her last wish was to not having to go in to a nursing home or hospital. So after we had been down there on vacation, I stayed there, to be with her for a couple of weeks. She needed help with everyting, from going to the bathroom to going to bed, getting up, taking meds + the housework and cooking. I know how I felt and I am sure you are feeling real pressed and overwhelmed too. It was a nasty accident, but hopefully it brings something good too. Maybe it will help him get a grip on his life and realize it is way too good to waste.

I will be thinking of you and you and your family will be in my prayers. If you need anything you know where to find your friends....... .

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

dohertyswissy

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2005, 02:44:30 pm »
Gypsy - Please know that you are in my thoughts.  I can only imagine what you and your family are going through right now.  You are an amazing woman for what you are taking on!  Don't forget to take care of yourself too!  We'd all be mighty upset if anything happened to you!  Oh, and let me just say that the stay-at-home Moms are the hardest working women I know!!!  Don't let anyone tell you differently... .and if they start to, I'll come out there and take care of business!! 

Okay, Irish temper is back in check.   ::)

Please let us know if you need anything.  We are always here to talk, yell, laugh, and cry with!

Heather

nickerbokker

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2005, 03:02:20 pm »
gypsy's hoggin all the attention.  im hurt.

no no no....i'm kidding! 

i am speaking for your brother when i say you are his angel!   he is SOO very lucky to have a sista that after everything, still loves him and wants the best for him and will sacfriice her life/family life and more importantly TIME to help him improve himself!  marit is right.....it was a terrible accident, BUT hopefully, this was just a way to wake him up and help everyone move on to bigger and better things!  you BOTH are always on my mind (nicki breaks out into song)...always on my miinndddd....

stay tough...and if you need some shoulders (well fake ones) to cry on the next few days....we are so much better than your husband at that! 

love, nicki cody and..the devil! 

Offline morticiaangie

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2005, 03:08:18 pm »
Gypsy - thoughts, prayers, tailwags and purrs go out your way - you are a tough one and I admire you for that - GOOD LUCK!!!!!

Nicker - way to dodge the question at hand - how were the x-rays??????
"The life given us by nature is short; but the memory of a well-spent life is eternal."
~ Cicero 106-43 BC

nickerbokker

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2005, 03:14:13 pm »
EVERYTHING LOOKS GOOD!  LOL, I HAD TO GET NAKED IN A DOCTORS OFFICE, AND IM CONVINCED THERE WERE CAMERAS IN THERE...BUT OTHER THAN THAT, MY XRAYS CAME BACK GREAT.

i had blood taken, and that will come back on tuesday....and if that is good too, then i start my drugs, and will be on them for 12 months.  not bad compared to dying of TB hey?

lol, so now the question is, do you think i will be able to handle not drinking too much?  im supposed to take it easy on the boose while i am on these drugs because it is bad for your liver itself, but really bad with help from mr jack.  SO....this is my new issue.  LOL.

BUT, its a good day in LA!  nicki isn't dying this year!  woo hoo!

stay strong gpy....i didn't mean to steal your thundar!

Offline morticiaangie

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2005, 03:26:57 pm »
whew - glad to hear it - thought I was gonna have to call some of my cohorts at forest lawn there in hollywood to see if I could get the "friend from the discussion board/chat room trying to be" discount on a casket for you!!!! wasn't sure if I was going to be able to pull that one off!!!!

Seriously - glad it is just medication for a year.....
"The life given us by nature is short; but the memory of a well-spent life is eternal."
~ Cicero 106-43 BC

nickerbokker

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2005, 03:35:55 pm »
lol, thanks me too!

Offline NatsaintB

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2005, 04:57:20 pm »
I don't think that I will be able to handle you not drinking as much! Who will we laugh at, I mean, with on boring nights when we quit our jobs?  We are going to have to interview for a replacement - temporary of course.  We all know that nobody could replace the Original Nicker!  Do you qualify for medicinal marijuana?  That would be a hoot!!!!!!!  Okay, I'm just kidding everyone ;D

nickerbokker

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2005, 05:04:34 pm »
there does not have to be a perscription in this here fine ole state of california!  ;)

you get it free on the pillow when you check into a hotel!

but just to make sure that i am not breaking house rules, i do not participate.   :P

Offline NatsaintB

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2005, 05:38:19 pm »
Don't give her any ideas K9!  Dark corners, nude pics, you know she'll try anything once :)  THAT'S WHY WE LOVE HER SO MUCH :-* :-* :-* :-*