Author Topic: Deaf Wobblers dane in need asap- Alabama  (Read 6839 times)

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Deaf Wobblers dane in need asap- Alabama
« on: June 18, 2006, 07:21:47 pm »
This is crossposted from another board. The woman is very worried for this dog. Anyone out there who might be able to help out?
Here's the original message:

I have been hesitant to post this but am doing so becuase the dog is in desperate need. Please dont' slam me.
As some of you know I rescued a deaf dane nearly a year ago...well he is in need of a foster or adoptive home asap. I was forced to move and could not take him and the adoptive home I had arranged for him fell through and took him back to the vets where I previously worked. They will no longer keep him and wish to send him to the pound this I will not allow and he would be put down before he suffered that. They have given me a couple of days to try to arrange something. He is 11 months old, merliquin, deaf has wobblers, probable OCD and very mild hip dysplasia. He is crate trained, house broken and obedience trained and very sweet. He is currently not on any medications and doing quite well, he is current on all vaccines but not neutered due to his health problems. He is located near Mobile Alabama at a veterinary clinic I have been contacting dane rescues all of which have very cordial and kind but do not have room or feel unable to deal with his problems. This I understand. I also understand that the kindest thing may be euthanaisa but am very hesitant since he is currently happy and apparantly pain free. If anyone can foster this dog, or knows of a potential adopter please contact me asap. The dogs name is Mozart and he can be seen at www.russntori. com/mozart.htm My email is coyoteakitas@yahoo.com my phone is 918-284-5808
Thank you in advance
Tori

Offline Bella's mom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
Re: Deaf Wobblers dane in need asap- Alabama
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2006, 09:56:24 pm »
OMG, I so wish that I could take him in. :'(  I just know that I don't have the knowledge or time to care for a dane with those needs.  It breaks my heart.  Please someone in the Mobile or surrounding area, help if you can.  I'm in Mobile -- I'm willing to help out any way that I can if someone steps forward to take him.
Tessie - Belladonna's and Mojo's Mom

cricket36580

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2006, 06:25:51 am »
I might have a home for him.  Let me do some calling and I'll let you know.  These people I feel would make a fabulous home and she's a sahm so would have the requisite time.  If worse comes to worse, he can come here and be fostered through me.  I'll see what I can do.

Offline Bella's mom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2006, 08:39:01 am »
I might have a home for him.  Let me do some calling and I'll let you know.  These people I feel would make a fabulous home and she's a sahm so would have the requisite time.  If worse comes to worse, he can come here and be fostered through me.  I'll see what I can do.

Oh, Cricket, I'm keeping my fingers crossed.  I would hate to hear that he was put down.

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2006, 08:52:43 am »
Ohh... Cricket I hope you can help out! I dreamed about that dog last night... who could forget those blue eyes and that pink nose after seeing those pics??? :-*
I found the original post on Leans N Slobbers... aren't you a member there too?

Anyhow I hope something works out!!!!!

cricket36580

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2006, 10:56:06 am »
It's on LNS?????  how did I miss that?

cricket36580

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2006, 11:20:19 am »
Ok...I've called Tori and left a message.  I've also posted over on LNS so I hope she gets the message soon and gets back with me.  Everyone keep your fingers crossed....

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2006, 11:38:20 am »
Fingers and paws crossed here!!!!! :)

chaosndestruction

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2006, 01:12:18 pm »
If you guys can't figure something out get a hold of DDRI. They take in Deaf Danes from all over the country, (like Tenchi's sisters). http://gracieland.org/DaneRescue/

I'm sure they'd be more than willing to help!

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2006, 01:13:51 pm »
Sounds like you guys are doing a great job for this boy.
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

cricket36580

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2006, 02:11:30 pm »
2 strikes so far.   :(  sigh...  Got a few more to go.  I'm glad I work for the dog food company.   ;)  4 danes and a pyr???  Hubby is going to be SOOOO pleased!

cricket36580

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2006, 02:45:04 pm »
They're like potato chips....Only not fattening.   :D

Offline eightdogs4me

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
    • When There's A Will, There's A Way
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2006, 08:40:58 pm »
Poor guy, I sure hope someone is able to help him.  :(

2 strikes so far.   :(  sigh...  Got a few more to go.  I'm glad I work for the dog food company.   ;)  4 danes and a pyr???  Hubby is going to be SOOOO pleased!

4 danes?  Have I missed something?!  Oh, by the way, don't you need a smallish Mantle girl as soon as her demodex clears up...? :-\

I'm glad I work for the dog food company.

That is my feeling exactly about working for a vet.  I sure couldn't afford all mine if it weren't for my job!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2006, 08:42:29 pm by eightdogs4me »
Emily and the gang

Offline Bella's mom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2006, 10:02:06 pm »
Any luck yet Cricket? ???

cricket36580

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2006, 06:09:23 am »
Talked to a couple more last night and no joy.  He's going to be rather, um, difficult to place.  I also talked to Tori and got some more info on him.  I know this may sound snooty but I wanted to make sure the situation was as described...an d it may very well be worse.  So, I am going over to the vets today to meet him and we'll go from there.  Bella is in season so he'll have to stay away from her for a while and I haven't decided how exactly to do that. 

The 4th one is a blue boy that is running wild out at a friend's house.  I'll foster him until he goes to a new forever home.  If he isn't completely insane and eat up with parasites, I think I've already got him a home assuming he's trainable, etc. 

I should have been born independently wealthy...Of course, I wouldn't BE wealthy for very long though.  Too many pups that need so much.

Um, Em, I appreciate you thinking about me and all but...let's see...H*LL NO!   ;D  In fact, you still need to call me.  Mozart is going under WTAWTAW on Petfinder...