Author Topic: Confused, need help, can't figure out what to do...  (Read 14779 times)

MommyOfSchnauzers

Re: Confused, need help, can't figure out what to do...
« Reply #60 on: June 22, 2006, 06:21:40 pm »
This is so irritating.  She needs to shut her pie hole and give you a wonderful healthy girl like she said time and time again she was going to do.  Just my opinion here. :p

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 22, 2006, 06:25:08 pm »
She IS precious.

Here's the thing.  I completely understand about only wanting a healthy dog.  When we got Chester, it was after losing two Newfs in the same year at age three from two different causes AND adopting Cowboy who immediately started seizing....ful l blown epilepsy!!  ALL I wanted was a HEALTHY Newf who had a reasonable chance to make it to a ripe old age.  That's why all the vets told me not to take Chester....the y had been with me through that whole awful year and they were scared I'd lose it (I already had!!).  At some point however, I was just convinced that life is always a gamble and there are NO guarantees in life.  So, with only the cardiologist on my side, I waited the month until Chester was declared fine....and the first stop after we got home was for him to be checked out by that same person.  There was NO sign of a heart problem.  I guess my point in this long drawn-out saga, is that you should follow your heart AND gut.  If your gut says to walk away...listen.   Your heart will mend and someone else will take the gamble with that sweet little girl.  Getting a healthy dog is whole point.  But if you decide to take the gamble, quit worrying and enjoy the patooties out of her. 

doggylover

« Reply #62 on: June 22, 2006, 06:34:45 pm »
LOLOL you two are so sweet, Mommy of Schnauzers, for defending your friend (me) to the end!  Newflover, for all your kind words, and support. 
Everyone has been really wonderful through all this. Last night I was laying in bed with Hubby, saying I didn't know how I would have kept any clarity at all through this without you guys. 
I want this little 'patootie' so bad I can taste it!  She is a precious little angel!  My fear is just too great! 

I don't really think the breeder is up to anything anything anything...I just think there have been communication issues combined with high emotion on my part.

Mommy, if we get up there on the first and she won't give us a puppy, I'll tell her you said to 'shut her pie-hole' and give us our puppy! :D

Offline brandon

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
    • HaveParrotWillTravel.com
« Reply #63 on: June 22, 2006, 07:20:39 pm »
Doggylover, I think you should print out what you just wrote and what Newflvr just wrote on getting a healthy puppy.  And read them back to yourself when you are feeling weak & especially BEFORE you go visit the breeder.  Relax, It will all work out in the end. 
And give stink-butt a pat for me.

Brandon
“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

MommyOfSchnauzers

« Reply #64 on: June 22, 2006, 07:56:56 pm »
It'll work!  ;D  Now get your bootie into chat! :D

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #65 on: June 22, 2006, 09:17:25 pm »
I am kind of curious about how often a whole litter of pups is show quality...& I still want to know how a breeder kn ows when the pups are that young ecspecially with the runt who may not meet standard...Thi s is confusing to me.

doggylover

« Reply #66 on: June 22, 2006, 09:23:01 pm »
I am kind of curious about how often a whole litter of pups is show quality...& I still want to know how a breeder kn ows when the pups are that young ecspecially with the runt who may not meet standard...Thi s is confusing to me.
yeah, I dont know that either, I thought show quality was less common...I think that is part of the confusion on my part, part of the frustration.

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #67 on: June 23, 2006, 12:22:36 am »
Hey...I found a link that may or or may not help you...It seemed relevant anyway. ;D
http://regaliapyrs.tripod.com/questions_to_ask__breeder.htm#Evaluate%20The%20Breeder

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 23, 2006, 07:04:26 am »
I have been told that "show pick" is just as good as the person doing the picking. 
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

kristi

« Reply #69 on: June 23, 2006, 09:50:10 am »
Hey...I found a link that may or or may not help you...It seemed relevant anyway. ;D
http://regaliapyrs.tripod.com/questions_to_ask__breeder.htm#Evaluate%20The%20Breeder

Gypsy -
some very good items to consider in this link!
-k.

Offline zanie

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 23, 2006, 10:27:55 am »

This is an awesome site, Gypsy!  We aren't looking for a pup but someday in the future it may come in handy.
"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive." - Gilda Radner

Seattle, WA

doggylover

« Reply #71 on: June 23, 2006, 11:12:32 am »
OH COOL thanks Gyps!!!!
The pupper is a Bullmastiff.  These particular puppies are furry and soft and they have puppy breath and sharp little teeth, and roundy little bellies for petting.  Also, they are super cute and look cuddly and I think they make little grunty slurpy snorty sounds. 
I'm digressing again...
 :D :o

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #72 on: June 23, 2006, 07:14:05 pm »
OH COOL thanks Gyps!!!!
The pupper is a Bullmastiff.  These particular puppies are furry and soft and they have puppy breath and sharp little teeth, and roundy little bellies for petting.  Also, they are super cute and look cuddly and I think they make little grunty slurpy snorty sounds. 
I'm digressing again...
 :D :o
I can't wait to see what kind of shape you're in after you get your puppy on Sunday! :D

doggylover

« Reply #73 on: June 23, 2006, 10:11:23 pm »
I realized today with no small amount of horror that this thing with the breeder was my fault.  I really didn't give our breeder the benefit of the doubt, I've never worked with a breeder before, and didn't know how it all worked.  She has some difficulty with communication and instead of trying to figure out better what was happening, I freaked out and 'accused' her of all kinds of shady business because I allowed my emotions to take over.  The only reason I am posting this right now is because I feel like I implied wrongdoing on her part and I need to correct that.  I also apologized to her. 
Sometimes in life we screw up and are totally unaware of it at the time.  It's humiliating to figure it out after you already acted like a jerk. 
My emotions have just been all over the place over this puppy.  One thing is for sure, I'm NEVER having skin kids.  There is no way I could handle that. 
 :-[

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 23, 2006, 10:28:22 pm »
Please don't beat yourself up.  As we've all been talking about, getting a new life (skin OR fur) is so awe-inspiring, so exciting, so full of promise, that you can't help but become over-emotional.  If the breeder has done this a time or two before, she's probably used to it.  The easy part is probably the puppies.  The toughest part is dealing with those who adopt them! ;)

You'll be fine, she'll be fine, and the pupperino will be home soon!!!