Author Topic: The Brake-Fast Bowl  (Read 4675 times)

kristi

The Brake-Fast Bowl
« on: June 26, 2006, 01:31:36 pm »
I saw this on TV today.

www.brake-fast.net

I thought it was a really neat idea, and I am considering getting one for Sampson. He has a habit of "wolfing" down his food - sometimes I wonder if he really chews anything? ???

On Saturday, I got bad news from the breeder that I was hoping to get our new puppy from... 1 week after they had confirmed the pregnancy, the mother died from bloat. I don't know if it is just coincidence that I saw this commercial today... ::)
-k.

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
Re: The Brake-Fast Bowl
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2006, 01:36:14 pm »
That looks really neat! Way more sanitary than some of the things they suggest for wolfers. Great find :)
RIP former BPO

Offline brandon

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
    • HaveParrotWillTravel.com
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2006, 01:43:15 pm »
Doesn't look like a big dog like a saint, newf, or mastiff could get their nose down in it to be able to pick out the food.  Maybe when they come out with the large size.  It is a great idea though. 
“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Offline zanie

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2006, 01:48:52 pm »
Sometimes some of the best ideas are also the simplest.  Delly isn't a "wolfer", in fact I often wonder if he eats his food one piece of kibble at a time because he eats so slowly, so we don't really need one but the idea is great! 
"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive." - Gilda Radner

Seattle, WA

Offline Winslow 151

• Paw-meister
  • Winslow at 6 Months
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2006, 02:42:32 pm »
Hi,
Winslow was a gulper so we used to put a Solid rubber ball and a solid rubber greenie in his bowl that slowed him down as he ate around the rubber stuff.

Others suggested using a muffin tin (several small bowls) so he eats from each tin slowing down, or spread the kibble on a large cookie sheet, Lots of slow down tricks that are cheap to free!!  ;) Most based on an obsticle or just spacing out the meal so they can't gobble.

The Lacrosse ball and rubber greenie, were both diswasher safe and easy to clean.

Rich
« Last Edit: June 26, 2006, 02:44:20 pm by Winslow 151 »
Happy Tails to All
Winslow's Dad

Offline zanie

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2006, 06:02:00 pm »
Sometimes some of the best ideas are also the simplest.  Delly isn't a "wolfer", in fact I often wonder if he eats his food one piece of kibble at a time because he eats so slowly, so we don't really need one but the idea is great! 

So the day I say my dog doesn't gulp his food, what does he do?  Yes, WOLFS the stuff down!  I couldn't believe it!  My have to check into this now. :-\
"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive." - Gilda Radner

Seattle, WA

k2campbell

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2006, 06:07:42 pm »
Great find!  I agree with Brandon - doesn't look big enough for a really big paw (ahem - Sampson), hopefully they make a larger one ;)

Kate is anything but fast eating her food, she's a slow-poke! :D

Sorry to hear about that poor momma :-[
« Last Edit: June 28, 2006, 06:08:02 pm by k2campbell »

Offline Softhug

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2006, 08:38:14 am »
Well I can say that the idea works.  Our foster bull terrier from about 2 years ago was a wolfer big time.  It would give him horrible horrible gas pains and just plain bad gas.

I took an xtra large dane sized bowl and glued 3 shot glasses to the bottom of it.  It looked just like this bowl but was like $5 total lol. 

It slowed him down 100% and the gas went away.

Ugh, Lizard, you could have been a millionare!!   ::)
Jacquie-Undercover Princess
Tsu Ling-Chow Chow-RIP 5/08
Boudreaux-American Mastiff
Griffey-Pi55y, fat, yellow cat
Comrade-red/white Siberian Husky
"Lots of people talk to animals," said Pooh.
"Not that many listen though."
"That's the problem."