Author Topic: I have one big dog already and have the opportunity to get another. Should I?  (Read 8869 times)

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
Around here "should I get a pup" really means tell me all the reasons I should get a pup ;D  My this time next year we should all have at least one more. ;) ;)
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline K9ldy00

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
I have 6 furkids. I say go for it. :D
Dog Mom to
Dozer, Tealk,Zander,Zeva, Tesla

cricket36580

Oh please.  They're like chips.  You can't have just one, ever.  You can't have 2 either.  3 is sort of pushing it...  It's in the rule book too.  I saw it.  You must have missed the memo...I'll send it over for ya.

Offline Boyle

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Big Paws are addictive.  We only have the one now but are currently plotting to get another one.   So, I vote yes!

Offline nohesnotahorse

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
Having 3 has been an adventure, but all 3 dote on and play with each other (even the 35 pounder with the 150 pounder).  I think mine are happier having each other around and i know I love having all of them (even Puck)around.  If you like the female and your boy likes her and tolerates her presence in his territory, it ound like a win-win situation.
Tom, Overwhelmed, Overrun and Overruled by Feste, Chance and Puck!
'Aide toi et Dieu t'aidera.' (God helps those who help themselves.)
'Fortes fortuna juvat.' (Fortune favors the brave.)

Offline Enigma66

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
I went and got her last Sunday, 500+ mile round trip, wasn't really all that bad either.  My male LOVES his new little sister.  I took him with me just to make sure everything was gonna be ok.  It was her first long car ride too and she was perfect.  Either looked out the window, slept, or chomped on a bone, but didn't make a sound the whole way home.  Thankfully she's fixed, as he was trying to hump her silly for 3 days in a row, but it's tapered off now and everything is fine.  I'll post some pics soon.  He's visibly happier all around, no question about it.

SA_horses

Congrats on the new dog!

Now you will have to start a new thread with those pictures.  ;D

Sofia

Gypsy Jazmine

I'm super happy you got your 2nd dog & your boy is happy about it!!...Makes it all worthwhile, huh? ;D We are going to pick up a little sister for Sammy & Pippin on Thursday...I already know they will love her & we already do! ;D ...Here's to completed families!!! ;D ;D ;D

doggylover

I went and got her last Sunday, 500+ mile round trip, wasn't really all that bad either.  My male LOVES his new little sister.  I took him with me just to make sure everything was gonna be ok.  It was her first long car ride too and she was perfect.  Either looked out the window, slept, or chomped on a bone, but didn't make a sound the whole way home.  Thankfully she's fixed, as he was trying to hump her silly for 3 days in a row, but it's tapered off now and everything is fine.  I'll post some pics soon.  He's visibly happier all around, no question about it.

YAY I'm so happy for you! PICS!

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Must see pics! So happy for you!
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
Photos, photos and more photos please ;D
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Icerotti

AW Congrats. Glad to hear all is working out. Our 3 cetainly entertain each other and are great company for each other. I agree with the others too. Pictures please ;)