Author Topic: I JUST SURVIVED MY FIRST EARTHQUAKE....AND THE DOGS SLEPT  (Read 17129 times)

nickerbokker

I JUST SURVIVED MY FIRST EARTHQUAKE....AND THE DOGS SLEPT
« on: June 12, 2005, 12:43:37 pm »
sooo....LA was a shakin today!  i was asleep, and woke up to my bed going in circles, i thought i was going to throw up.  and my closet doors were banging around.  i didn't know what was going on, but it didn't bother the dogs (YA KNOW HOW DOGS ARE SUPPOSED TO SENSE $%%^)..no, they slept RIGHT through it LMAO....then my friend called me and told me it WAS an earthquake and my laughing woke them up.

anywho.....WOO HOO....IT WASN'T AS SCARY AS I THOUGHT!  but it was tiny tiny tiny...we are supposed to get hit BIG this week sometime!

anyway....that s my news!  i made it!

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
Re: I JUST SURVIVED MY FIRST EARTHQUAKE....AND THE DOGS SLEPT
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2005, 12:54:57 pm »
Glad all if fine.

Lisa
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2005, 04:15:16 pm »
I am soooo glad you are fine nicker....... And you kinda make me worried now, saying that you are supposed to be hit big this week, if I were you I'd pack my bags, load my dogs and take a trip to NC.

Be sure you are safe

Huggs

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2005, 05:12:16 pm »
Why does it not surprise me that they would sleep through that but scare the beejeezuz outta anyone in the vicinity of their vision?? Silly boys!
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2005, 05:15:24 pm »
Nicker, Load up the pups & come to Iowa!...No earthquakes here just an occasional tornado...lol!

Offline NatsaintB

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2005, 06:47:24 pm »
Are you sure it wasn't your neighbors getting it on upstairs?  Just a thought...

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2005, 08:35:09 pm »
Nicker - I thought that was an earthquake I felt this morning!  

It was over so quickly down here in San Diego that I couldn't tell if it was that, or if one of the dogs just got their head stuck under the bed and was thrashing around and shaking the bed to get out!  

Neither of our dogs made too big a deal of it either - they just sharked aound the end of the bed for a couple minutes and then went back to sleep...

Glad ya made it!
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Offline mamadog

• Big Paw Certified
  • This is me and my Finn
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2005, 10:36:39 pm »
Ah! You gotta love the east coast! No exciting weather happenings of the scary kind. We get blizzards in the winter, but people don't get hurt from those (except car accidents from people who don't believe that you have to drive differently in 2 feet of snow!)
We had a "bad" hurricane when I was a kid (Gloria) that was supposed to be the worst. We boarded up windows and stocked up on canned food...the whole nine yards. We never even lost power. It rained for 2 days and that was it.  The ice storm of '98 was cool too. We lost power for 3 days and that was it. You should look up pictures of the ice storm of '98 in Maine. It was beautiful!!

Vicki

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2005, 01:04:27 pm »
OMG!  That must have been scarey.  Glad to hear all is ok.

Offline pndlake

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2005, 11:18:35 am »
Hi, check U of Cal. earthquake website and you will see it was a 5.2 centered north of San Diego.  Strange that bunny in San Diego hardly felt it and Nicks - way North felt it strongly.  Just as strange as why dogs and other animals react before the quake hits and sometimes they do not.  Here's the website, it is very interesting:

http://quake.wr.usgs.gov/recenteqs/

Oh yes, I am curious, who said that we were going to have some BIG ones this week. hee hee  Peggy
Peggy

Offline pndlake

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2005, 05:21:07 pm »
Come on, somebody post where they heard we will get big ones this week.  I want to get ready.     ;)
Peggy

nickerbokker

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2005, 05:23:10 pm »
i was talking to my friends dad the other day and he said it was on the news.  never said it was a reliable source LOL

Nicole

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2005, 09:47:16 pm »
Hey, Nick-Nick,
 Glad the pups didn't stress....glad you didn't puke! hehehe! We actually had a quake in INDIANA where I live when I was a kid...it was wild. Not a big 'un, obviously...bu t enough to shake the car I was sittin' in in my driveway!

Offline pndlake

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2005, 09:48:58 pm »
Hoping again that this will post.  If we in Calif. watch our animals for strange behavior then tape it and if an earthquake comes, we could be rich and famous for proving a theory.  We have a better change to see the Loch Ness monster but it is still a good idea,,,right. ???
Peggy

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2005, 11:06:22 pm »
Well, poop!  We missed it!  And I thought we were all paying attention!  And we're closer to San Diego than you, Nikkers!!!! WeLLL, BIG POOP!!