Author Topic: They Can Swim!  (Read 2175 times)

Offline galaxybears

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • chins n newfs
They Can Swim!
« on: August 11, 2006, 05:34:07 am »
A couple of weeks ago, here in the UK, it was the Ragley Water Trials. As you know, my lot have never been too fond of swimming, even though we are members of a working group! So we didn't bother to entre them in anything.

But there was a part of the lake set aside to cool the dogs off, as it has been unusually hot over here! Guess what? All three of mine decided they loved water, so much so that I nearly got dragged in by Kitten when I was holding him back!!! Are dogs awkward or what ::)

Here are some photos of my lot with either the mad husband (Martin) or our youngest Nikki. Molly "rescued" both of them like she had been doing it all her life, when in fact this was the first time she had ever done it!!

I have also attached some photos of the dogs paw prints that we did in cement in the garden, as I meant to add them to the other thread I did!! ;)
Shelley
Mum to Molly, Honey and Kitten
RIP my darling Bronte

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: They Can Swim!
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2006, 05:52:49 am »
omG!! i'm soo jealouS! i can't wait until labor day and then we are allowed back on the beach! :) hopefully fumble will pick up his "calling" justlike your molly did!!
"My newfoundlands live my life as passionately as i live theirs"
"I slip the hater of what i've become.  they slip the halter of what they've been, and we live together, passionately, changed"
-Both from "in the company of newfies"

WE REPRESENT THE LOLLIPOP GUILD!!!

Offline AC

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2006, 06:06:04 am »
Of course they can swim!! and rescue!!! Great shots.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2006, 06:08:19 am »
How Cool! 
My rotties don't like water much either...I hear they're supposed to though.