Author Topic: Good and yet sad at the same time..what can i do?  (Read 1997 times)

Offline lshelley21

• Big Paw Certified
  • Jazmine 7 months old
    • View Profile
Good and yet sad at the same time..what can i do?
« on: September 05, 2006, 02:20:10 am »
I went to a petstore yesterday...wh ere they sell puppies. just looking...not planning on getting one...esp.. from there. Well anyway..i was talking to the owner and they can not sell big paws there because of the lack of space. But the problem was one of the puppies looked like it was bloating and extremely sick. I am glad no big paws allowed due to the fast growing rate. But this little black pug was cute..and EXTREMEly fat...like he was bloating if that is possible. I know that this particular store has sold sick dogs and known about it..but this little guy is extremely sick what can i do?
Lauren, Jazmine (great dane)
Jazmine's pets:
Calvin (ferret)
Willy (ferret)
Samantha (ferret)
Baxter (ferret)
Ferrets friends:
Shirly and baldamore (geckos)
Gecko's friend:
Big D (fish)

Oh yeah.. my pet.. Matt (hubby)
Our pets are all above

bigdogs@5501

Re: Good and yet sad at the same time..what can i do?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2006, 06:33:11 am »
Can you call the local SPCA or health department? Some one has to be regulating this store in one way or the other and having a sick or injured animal that is not being treated could even possibly be considered animal abuse? ( or not? I am note sure, but it seems to be the logical way to think about this)

Offline horsepoor21

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2006, 09:20:24 am »
If that pup is bloating I would most definetly contact someone ! He could have a bacterial infection in his intestines , very painful  :'(
-Amy
Moose-Border Collie/Newfoundland rescue
Allie-Newfoundland
Spook-Newfoundland
Whiskey-Arabian
Wolverine-Cockatiel
Polly&Rainbow-Lovebirds (with 3 babies!)
Crush-Painted Turtle

"Every boy should have two things:
 A dog, and a mother willing to let him have one"

Offline lshelley21

• Big Paw Certified
  • Jazmine 7 months old
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2006, 09:25:43 am »
he was in a pen with another pug, the other one was little barks, alert and just wants a home, the other one though was just in a corner, didn't look up. The guy said they are always that fat. But He gives two puppies 17 cups of food with wet  food slopped on top. You know come to think of it i didn't see any water in there.....just lots of food. I did talk to the man who was in there but he was just talking about the more coming in today, and that the pugs are normally like that...but you know that they are sick..even the hubby who isn't into dogs asked what was up with him. The poor thing. I will call tonight, i bet you they just put him out back though with all the other sick pups.
Lauren, Jazmine (great dane)
Jazmine's pets:
Calvin (ferret)
Willy (ferret)
Samantha (ferret)
Baxter (ferret)
Ferrets friends:
Shirly and baldamore (geckos)
Gecko's friend:
Big D (fish)

Oh yeah.. my pet.. Matt (hubby)
Our pets are all above

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2006, 10:53:14 am »
He could have worms.  That would make the stomach look distended.

I would have whatever group is supposed to regulate the store take a look at him.

Edited b/c I can't spell.  :P

« Last Edit: September 05, 2006, 10:54:59 am by ZooCrew »