Author Topic: office dogs...post if you see dogs on the job  (Read 4397 times)

Offline gabeshouse

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
office dogs...post if you see dogs on the job
« on: September 16, 2006, 01:16:07 pm »
Since the latest Blog is about the benefits of dogs in the workplace; maybe a new "post if you see one" thread would be cool to start. If you go in a business or other work setting post the type of place and kind of dog you saw.

I take Gabe, Bernese Mtn Dog, to a grain elevator everyday.
A guy on the maintenance crew for the railroad in my area has what appears to be an Autrailian cattle dog ride with him in his service truck. An ofiice supply route driver carries some sort of Tiny Paw with him on his route that stops by every few weeks. A couple of farmer customers always have their lab in the truck.

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
Re: office dogs...post if you see dogs on the job
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2006, 03:17:02 pm »
The local music shop has a mixed breed dog, fairly tall, thin.  He's 14 yrs old now and showing his age.  He loves to sing ;)  What else would a dog at the music shop do?  Ike knows I'm a sucker for a dog and leans heavily on me for scritching whenever I come in.   
Daphne

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2006, 03:18:00 pm »
I take Sugar Bear, Dixie Darlin, and Penny Lane to work with me every day. Penny like to sleep on my feet or under my desk chair. 
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline Lucah's Folks

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
    • The Lucah Project
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2006, 10:11:30 pm »
I take Lucah to the office once a week.  Everyone loves him and is willing to socialize with him.

One of my bosses has Elfie, who appears to be a Ridgeback mix of some sort.  She is very sweet to Lucah, but punches him with her paws. 

Occasionally another person I work with brings Coffee a very small Bichon Frise (sp?).

One of our drivers brings Zeus, a Minature Pincher.

Another person brings his Corgi mix in.

Another person may bring a cat from time to time (they have paws).

The vending machine guys brings his American Staf. Terrier when he refills the sodas.

And another one of my bosses brings in his Golden Retriever when she doesn't feel too well.

**We are a very dog friendly office.

Offline Skippy

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Lollie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2006, 01:45:19 am »
 :D :D :D
This going to be a fun thread.
At the tire store there is a tiny paw. It is the second one that has been there. The first one past of old age.

At the custom slaughter house where we go Denise brings her Aussie on Sats. She has been going for nine years and she knows when it Sat. They have some great dog bones there too.

The lady who delievers our spray material has a small black dog looks a lot like my old Niki who I lost last year.

Other than the occaisonal farmer whose dogs ride with them we don't see many. Guess we just aren't caught up with the rest of the world.

The dogs here on the farm are with most of the time, but they really aren't doing much work.

Skippy
Central New York

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2006, 06:24:55 am »
Betti accompanies me to work once in a while. She has a blanket to rest on and she watches through my glass door and window when we have meetings. At lunch time we go out and walk and she sniffs everything and says, "Whoa-whoa!" a lot before we come back to the office. She's so excited to go. I wonder why...it seems like it would be boring for her!  :)
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

Offline tanimara

• Big Paw Certified
  • Tanimara's Spirit Warrior "Warrior"
    • View Profile
    • Tanimara Great Pyrenees
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2006, 09:35:57 am »
Gandalf and my two new pups go to work with us each day.  computer store and recording studio.

Jackie
Jackie Wood
Owner/Breeder Tanimara Great Pyrenees

"A people without a history is like wind on the buffalo grass"
Crazy Horse - Oglala Sioux

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2006, 02:36:39 pm »
Gandalf and my two new pups go to work with us each day.  computer store and recording studio.

Jackie
I absolutly LOVE that pic of Gandalf!!! ;D ;D

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2006, 02:41:12 pm »
Miss Sadie spent 13 yrs. going with my uncle to work at his Tool & Die business everyday...Alo t of time she rode along in the work truck making deliveries & picking up molds...She went to The Bridge last week & she is missed there.

Offline patrick

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Great Pyrenees
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2006, 04:07:28 pm »
April the queen of all queens goes to work whenever they are calling for thunderstorms  Home alone she tries to commit suicide!

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2006, 04:34:18 am »
I work at our local High School.  Our security guard brings his dog Harley (not to be confused with my dog Harley) almost everyday, he is a large, gentle, darling golden retriever. 

harley has free reign of the school and can be found wandering the building.  It has been found that he helps the students open up during meetings, or just when teachers, adminstration and such are trying to talk to them.

Harley is great and I love seeing him in the hall!!

Offline DoberBaby17

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2006, 05:25:38 am »
I used to go tanning, and there was a tiny paw who had a little bed on the counter. Very cute. Also, the auto salvage yard has a large, friendly yellow lab mix. My boyfriend drives racecars, and several of the parts/body shops have big dogs too. Always fun to meet a pet when we're out and about!
Stacy

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

Offline tanimara

• Big Paw Certified
  • Tanimara's Spirit Warrior "Warrior"
    • View Profile
    • Tanimara Great Pyrenees
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2006, 06:05:46 am »
I got to meet Pat's April.. she is a sweety too.

Jackie
Jackie Wood
Owner/Breeder Tanimara Great Pyrenees

"A people without a history is like wind on the buffalo grass"
Crazy Horse - Oglala Sioux