Author Topic: Getting Ready to Bring Home Our Newfie Girl!  (Read 6451 times)

Offline amylynn

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
Getting Ready to Bring Home Our Newfie Girl!
« on: October 01, 2006, 08:53:03 am »
I wonder if I should re-introduce myself. My name is Amy Lynn and my husband John and I have 5 little girls and a sweet, Chessie mix, named Cooper. We have been looking for an young adult Newfie for quite some time and found a wonderful breeder who is about 5 hours away from us. We were looking into getting one of her males, who was about 1 year old, but she recently called us to see if we would take her 3 year old female, who was expecting a puppy. She is a REALLY sweet girl. This is her second litter and with the last litter, she only had 2 puppies. The breeder felt that she just wasn't as fertile as a couple of her other females. Her and I have been talking for about 6-7 months and have developed a friendship. Anyway......sh e called me a few weeks ago and asked if we would take her. She said that she would give her to us!  :o We are so excited! The interesting thing is that at the time she called, I was pregnant and as I mentioned, so was Polly. (That is her name). Anyway....a few weeks later, on what was supposed to be Polly's due date with her puppy, sadly, I had a miscarriage. I let the breeder know because she was always asking how the pregnancy was going. She told me that Polly also lost her puppy. So...I feel that we were meant to be together to help eachother heal. I already feel a bond to her and can't wait to give her a great big hug! The breeder is going to have her spayed on Tuesday and we have to wait about 10 days while she recovers and then we can pick her up! It will probably be the weekend of the 15th! :) Our 5 daughters couldn't be more excited to bring her into our family and neither can my husband and I. We just can't wait!  :D I just thought I'd share with all of you because I knew you would understand our excitement. A lot of people don't understand why we are so enamored with Newfies...my inlaws can't get past the drool. :) We just love them to pieces and it is true that once you have owned a Newfie, you never want to be without one.
Blessings! :)
Amy Lynn

Offline MommaBear

• Paw-meister
  • baby bear
    • View Profile
Re: Getting Ready to Bring Home Our Newfie Girl!
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2006, 09:14:50 am »
Yay! Can't wait to see pics of Polly :)

Offline specialkdanemom

• Big Paw Certified
  • Sera, Shasta & Mika
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2006, 09:16:11 am »
I'm sorry for your loss :'(

I believe that your new Newfie was meant to be with you.  It's weird (and for others, hard to understand) how things are meant to be, but you two are destined to be together...for each other. 

This is the place to find others who understand the "drool", etc.  We all deal w/ friends and family that don't or won't understand our love for fur-family members and all it entails.  Enjoy Polly! :)
Big Dogs...got to love'em!!

Karen, mom to:
Mika (GD)
Sera (GD/Greyhound X)
Shasta (Lab/Newf X)

Appollos (GD) RIP 2001-2005

Offline amylynn

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2006, 06:01:16 pm »
I'm sorry for your loss :'(

I believe that your new Newfie was meant to be with you.  It's weird (and for others, hard to understand) how things are meant to be, but you two are destined to be together...for each other. 

This is the place to find others who understand the "drool", etc.  We all deal w/ friends and family that don't or won't understand our love for fur-family members and all it entails.  Enjoy Polly! :)
(((Thank you))) :)
We are really excited to welcome her into our family soon.
Amy Lynn

Offline amylynn

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2006, 06:04:05 pm »
Yay! Can't wait to see pics of Polly :)
Thanks! :) I will make sure to post a lot of them. :) We sure have enjoyed all of the fun photos of such great dogs on here. :) Seeing all your dogs brings smiles to our families faces. We love them! :)
Amy Lynn

Offline amylynn

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2006, 06:04:53 pm »
Could I possibly use more smilies? Sorry.  :-[
« Last Edit: October 01, 2006, 09:09:09 pm by amylynn »
Amy Lynn

Kirsti

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2006, 07:48:02 am »
OOh! I'm so excited for you! You will have fun with your new Newfie! I'm sure she was ment to be with you..(I'm sorry for your loss) I can't wait to see pictures of you new girl.

~K

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2006, 08:20:06 am »
Congrats I can't wait to see pics!  What color is she?  The drool and hair is definitely worth it.  They are such loves.
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2006, 08:21:58 am »
I'm so excited that you and Polly have found each other!  It's amazing when things happen like that :). And you are so right about never, ever wanting to be without a Newf.  I wouldn't know what to do with a clean house!!! ;D

Offline amylynn

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2006, 08:11:50 pm »
Congrats on the Newf! You'll get past the drool quickly. It's the hair that gets me :) No more clean floors! :)

We get all colors of hair, black from one of ours and brown and white from the other. :) can't wait to see more pictures!

Thanks! :)

I'm fine with the drool. It is my inlaws that are really grossed out by it. :) They just don't see it as an endearing quality.  ???
Amy Lynn

Offline amylynn

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2006, 08:17:03 pm »
Congrats I can't wait to see pics!  What color is she?  The drool and hair is definitely worth it.  They are such loves.

Thanks! She is all black. I wish I had a photo to share. I have one, but the breeder said that it is "terrible" and it doesn't do her justice.  ;D I still think it is cute. She looks really sweet natured from the photo and I am told that is how she is. We can't wait.  :D
Amy Lynn

Offline amylynn

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2006, 08:22:52 pm »
I also wanted to thank you for the kind words about our loss. I honestly appreciate that. It has been really difficult on our family. Polly has definitely given us something to focus on besides our grief. Our sweet, little one will always be in our hearts. I think with Polly going through the exact same thing at the exact same time, we will have a special bond. Us two moms can help eachother through. What a blessing she will be to our family.

Thank you all again for your caring hearts.
Amy Lynn

Offline CrazyLoveRosie

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2006, 01:24:57 pm »
For everything there is a reason. Polly's going to be such a blessing to you and your husband. Newfs are the most comforting companion, they'll love you no matter what. I'm so happy that you have her to look forward to.
Rosie - Newfoundland

Offline amylynn

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2006, 01:57:00 pm »
For everything there is a reason. Polly's going to be such a blessing to you and your husband. Newfs are the most comforting companion, they'll love you no matter what. I'm so happy that you have her to look forward to.

(((Thank you)))!
Amy Lynn