Author Topic: Hi new member here with two loveable Saints!!  (Read 4837 times)

Offline TheUnSaintlySaintClan

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Hi new member here with two loveable Saints!!
« on: October 08, 2006, 08:03:29 am »
Hi, just wanted to introduce myself (and my dogs). Our family has two Saints (and one more we're planning on getting). We have Simon, 16 months and Heidi, 8 months. They are our two adopted children along with our 3 actual kids. haha. We are planning on breeding Saints but have had a setback with Simon. He developed adult generalized demodex mites. So we can no longer use him in our breeding program. We are just crushed because he is so beautiful and so well-tempered. He would make a wonderful daddy! But we don't want to breed any problems into our line so we have to have him neutered. So he just gets to be spoiled without doing anything. haha Heidi is a sweetie also, she just has a neurotic chewing problem. haha But we love her just the same. We are planning on getting another male withing a few months. I have already talked to a breeder and everything seems like a go so cross your fingers! We can't wait! I love this site and am so glad that I ran across it. It has a lot of valuable info. Thanks!
"No matter how little money and how few possessions you own, having a dog makes you rich." ––Louis Sabin

Luvmydanes

Re: Hi new member here with two loveable Saints!!
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2006, 09:06:51 am »
Welcome to big paws! You will love it here - and don't forget to post lots of pics of your pups! They're beautiful!

Offline amylynn

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2006, 09:26:15 am »
Welcome!!!

I'm glad you found your way here! :) You will love it here. Your dogs are GORGEOUS!!! :) Keep us posted on your new male. We'd love to see photos.
Blessings! :)
Amy Lynn

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2006, 03:48:22 pm »
Welcome to Big Paws! I'm glad you're here! I love Saints! I am owned by Dolly a 16 month old Saint Bernard and Zoey an 18 month old Alaskan Malamute. I can't wait to see more pics of your Saints and get to know you all more!
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2006, 03:50:14 pm »
Welcome to BPO!
RIP former BPO

Offline bluskygirl

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2006, 06:05:03 pm »
Great to meet you and your family!  I have a female smoothie... she's 11 weeks old. I am sooooo in love already!  They are such wonderful dogs; Best of luck with your breeding program! You'll have your hands full!  :D

BPO is such a great place. I learn something here everyday, even though I might not always contribute. I feel a bit "green" when it comes to big dogs. I have had herding dogs... crazy busy run-all-day-dogs, and so I find myself in uncharted territory with Bella! She's so completely different (but in an absolutely wonderful way). 

More pictures of your pooches...  ;)
Bella- Smooth Coat Saint
Piston- grouchy kitty
Jupiter- Scaredy Cat

Offline TheUnSaintlySaintClan

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2006, 01:20:43 am »
Thanks everyone for the welcome! I've added some pics to my puppies' pawprints. We have waited a long time to have Saints and we couldn't imagine anything different now. It's so funny when people come over, they're always like "wow! your dogs are huge". I guess we don't even notice how much bigger they are. They are just our love bugs.Thanks again for the great welcome and here are some pics of Simon and Heidi (and us). By the way, incase no one noticed, there's evidence of Heidi's chewing habit in my profile pic. haha. Thank goodness she's getting over it!
"No matter how little money and how few possessions you own, having a dog makes you rich." ––Louis Sabin

Offline swells

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2006, 02:23:43 am »
Welcome to the site. What a great crew you have.

My name is Stacie and I live in Minneapolis with my 14 year old GSD (Sheba), 5 year old Saint Bernard (Harley), 4 year old English Mastiff (Ozzy) and our newest addition 7 month old Newfie (Sully). Oh, and my husband Dave.

Stacie

Offline PennyK

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2006, 01:20:37 am »
Welcome to BPO!!!  I get so excited everytime I see a new saint - and you have 2 of them!!  LOL!   Great lookin' pups!

I'm Penny and the handsome fella in my avatar is Teddy, my 9 month old baby.  I know what you mean about not seeing how big they are getting - Teddy looks like a normal dog to me!!
Every girl needs a Teddy bear!

Lyn

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2006, 02:09:35 am »
Welcome to BPO! This place is addicting. :D

I also have 2 Saints, Bubba is 20 months old and Lola is 6 months old.

Kirsti

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2006, 04:39:54 am »
WELCOME! What beautiful Saints you have! I'm Kirsti, and my puppers Sammi. Hope you have a great time on this site (I know you will, we are all addicted!  ;D )

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2006, 03:00:29 pm »
Welcome to the sight. Your Saints are gorgeous. I am Paige. Currently there are 3 Pyrs, 3 Danes a Newf mix and a few littles in our house hold. Two of the Danes are recent rescues and one of the Danes is going to another BPO member in the near future.