Author Topic: what a gorgeous dane!  (Read 4399 times)

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
what a gorgeous dane!
« on: November 14, 2006, 10:57:46 pm »
i saw this dane on petfinder and was so touched, he is so gorgeous for someone to do this to!  i just thought maybe a few of us may be willing to help sponsor his heart worm treatment and continued care!

"MEET FRED" Fred is in desperate need of rescue or someone or several people to sponsor him!!!! Fred was found at a local shelter, he was very sick with A upper respiratory infection, he was and still is very thin, and he has HEARTWORMS!!! His upper respiratory infection has cleared up and he has gained a good bit of weight, (he still has a good bit to gain). BUT NOW HE NEEDS SOME HELP WITH THOSE HEARTWORMS!!! This will be very expensive to treat in a dog this size. We need to raise about $500.00 Fred is at a boarding facility for now, we will need to raise t he money to treat his heartworms and will need to find rescue or a foster home very soon!!! His care is being taken of by just a couple of volunteers at the moment, but they will need some financial help to continue. We have enough money together for his board to last till the end of November . If we cannot find help by then he will need to go back to the shelter. Fred is a big lovable teddy bear and gets along well with all the other dogs. PLEASE HELP US SAVE THIS DOG!!!!

If you think you might be interested in adopting "Fred", please download an application by clicking here. (Download Instructions: Click the link and choose "Save" NOT "Open". After the application has been filled out completely, save your changes and then email the completed form to Sherry at sbiang@bellsouth.net.)

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=7225337
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: what a gorgeous dane!
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2006, 12:48:18 am »
oh, I want him, I want him!!  I should be getting some extra funds soon, if the check will arrive!!  And I'll send something.
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2006, 12:49:17 am »
he's for adoption  ;)  i'm sure he'd love you forever!  ha ha
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2006, 01:00:13 am »
I know, I know...I love his big head!!! 
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2006, 01:01:59 am »
he looks so sweet, i absolutely love his color, like a chocolate.  i've never seen a dane or a mix that color, almost like a chocolate lab.
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2006, 01:03:57 am »
i think fred is using mind control... "come get me...i want to go home with you..."
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2006, 01:29:47 am »
Ya'll are so bad!!  I think I will fill out an app just to see how that goes, but I have no computer at home any more and I can't do it at work!!, so I'll have to go to a friends.  I didn't see what his adoption fee was though.  I went to their website and it sent me back to the petfinder page!  Hopefully if they get enough donations for his heartworm treatment it won't be too much!! (Wishfull thinking)!!

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2006, 01:35:01 am »
i tried to see how much it was, too, and it sent me back to petfinder.  they said his treatment would be about $500, i'm willing to put some money towards it, but i can't put a whole lot.  maybe if we can get enough people to donate a few dollars, it will cover his treatment?  maybe we could work a deal out with the rescue about that?
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2006, 01:37:15 am »
I'm going to email them and inquire about his fee.  Thanks for the offer though!  I'm of the addage (sp?) that if it's meant to be it will happen.  I've inquired about a few dogs over the last few months and all have fallen through.  But...we shall see!

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2006, 01:38:00 am »
i just read what i posted again (ok, so i didn't read ALL the way through)

After the application has been filled out completely, save your changes and then email the completed form to Sherry at sbiang@bellsouth.net

maybe you can e-mail her and ask her about the adoption?
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2006, 01:42:50 am »
Just emailed her.

Kirsti

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2006, 01:48:25 am »
Aww what a cute dane, poor boy though! I hope you get him!  what a great addition! best of luck!

~K

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2006, 05:04:00 am »
Oh Navarre- I so hope that Fred gets to come home to you. He is a gorgeous dog- Can you call your vet to see if he is more reasonable for the heartworm treatment?

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2006, 05:11:12 am »
if the natural remedies work, it would be a lot better for everyone!  here is a site that sells a bottle for about $30, you give them One to two capsules twice daily. Continue for approximately three weeks. Repeat when necessary.  does anyone know if the natural stuff works?  i've heard a lot of positive things about these methods, but i haven't heard anything negative.  supposedly this is supposed to work on heart worms in dogs.   i guess you would need two or three bottles but that is still a LOT cheaper than $500.  http://www.nativeremedies.com/petalive/parasite-dr-internal-parasites-pet.html?img=368&kbid=1173&sub=dpheart
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2006, 11:54:07 pm »
Well, I sent her an email to find out his adoption fee adn some other stuff.  Then I went ahead and filled out an application, just to see.  Well, that was last week and I haven't heard anything.  Maybe I'll hear something after the holidays?  I know it depends on the staffing, but how long should I wait for a reply?