Author Topic: will a great dane and a great pyrenees get along?  (Read 1754 times)

Offline ludalexj

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
will a great dane and a great pyrenees get along?
« on: December 18, 2006, 02:42:25 am »
hi, i'm considering getting a great dane puppy and a great pyrenees puppy. will they get along?

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: will a great dane and a great pyrenees get along?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2006, 03:01:36 am »
breed doesn't necessarily matter.  if you get them both as puppies, yes, if they're adults, it depends on their personality.  it would be a lot of work though, to get two baby puppies at once.  double the house training, obedience, and socialization.  it can be done, though, but tons of work and even more cleaning!
« Last Edit: December 18, 2006, 03:02:47 am by schelmischekitty »
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline goldensaint25

• Ankle Biter
  • My babies
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2006, 09:10:12 am »
I know how it feels to have 2 pups at one time close to the same age. Training and housebreaking was really fun. j/k. It was extremely difficult. There better now that there older, but wow it was a chore good luck. ;D

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2006, 09:32:23 am »
I have 3 Danes and 3 Pyrenees. Get one male and one female, preferrably with the female being the Pyrenees. My Male Dane and my male Pyrenees ( now at the bridge) grew up together and fought horribly. All of my current Pyrs are females and I have 2 male Great Danes and the Danes and the Pyrs do not fight.